2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

5-1 against the Giants and Braves. 0-5 against the Mets and Lastros.

SMDH.

I am on strike from this thread until this team gets into 3rd place.

Some I may not see you all again here the rest of the year ...

That's up to you to decide if that's a good or bad thing.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1312256236' post='1009227']
5-1 against the Giants and Braves. 0-5 against the Mets and Lastros.

SMDH.

I am on strike from this thread until this team gets into 3rd place.

Some I may not see you all again here the rest of the year ...

That's up to you to decide if that's a good or bad thing.
[/quote]

We'll be in third place this week. 1st place on the other hand...longer then a longshot. And I was optimsitc going into this series, but if you cant win games like tonight and MIL keeps tearing teams up its over.

[quote]Reds third baseman Scott Rolen underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday on his injured left shoulder and is expected to be out for an additional 4-6 weeks.

Team medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek performed the operation that removed bone-spur fragments from Rolen's shoulder.

It has been a subpar season at the plate for Rolen, who is batting .242 with five home runs and 36 RBIs in 65 games. He went on the 15-day disabled list for the second time on July 22 for what originally was listed as a strained left shoulder. The same injury had him on the DL from April 24-May 12.
Rolen, 36, had two surgeries to repair a torn labrum in the same shoulder in 2005 and he missed most of that season.

The Reds are currently using utility infielder Miguel Cairo and rookie Todd Frazier at third base. Top third base prospect Juan Francisco has been recovering from his own injury, a torn meniscus in his right knee. Francisco has been out since early July and is currently on a rehab assignment with the Arizona League Reds in Goodyear, Ariz.

It was not known how long it will take for Francisco to be ready to return to the Reds.[/quote]

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1312401349' post='1010392']
I can't wait for Rolens contract to be up.
[/quote]

I will be glad when it's up also.

I wonder if the Reds have considered moving Votto to 3rd and putting Alonso at first. It would sure up the infield for the next serval years. It worked for the Red Sox and Youk.

it's such a tough thing with guys like arroyo and rolen. If you don't resign them and we struggle then you hear talk of lack of leadership. If you do resign them and they get hurt you end up paying 10 15 percent of your team salary on guys that aren't producing.

that's why it is so hard to be a small market team

Archived