'Jungle Fevour' = The Bengals 2012 starting QB ???

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Dan LeFevour WILL be the 2012 starting QB ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think Dan LeFevour SHOULD be the 2012 starting QB ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Will we see a breakout of le Fevour ?

• Hell yeah, fuck Jordan - no rookies, + starting vet isn't necessary
    • Doubt it

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301684553' post='981448']
well I think that's the thing. At this point you don't know, so you have to say no. I'm a big LeFevour fan, but its hard to say yes at this point without seeing him in action.

Let's just hope Gruden got him a copy of the playbook before the lockout.
[/quote]
Right we don't know. So it's dumb to say yes or no. Let his practice and play speak for itself . If he sucks cut him, if he earns it start him . But to just say no makes zero sense

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1301701393' post='981503']
If he were any good he would have played big minutes the last few games. Reality is our #2 and #3 were so bad we couldn't even put them in at the end of a lost season.
[/quote]

why would they have? Carson hadn't asked out yet and it was more favorable to have him work with the young WR's than for the backup QB's to see the field.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1301701393' post='981503']
[b]If he were any good he would have played big minutes the last few games.[/b] Reality is our #2 and #3 were so bad we couldn't even put them in at the end of a lost season.
[/quote]

What makes you think this?

I'm not a LeFevour fan.. In fact I know next to nothing about him. Thing is, I don't think anyone else here knows much more than that.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301701524' post='981505']
why would they have? Carson hadn't asked out yet and it was more favorable to have him work with the young WR's than for the backup QB's to see the field.
[/quote]

Uhhh, because the only way to top off a horrible season would have been to lose "our franchise QB( LOL)" to an injury in a lost season. I never said start and finish the game but rather some real playing time. What good did it do to have Carson play almost every minute of the last 4 games? Isn't it a good idea to see if you backup is any good in a real game if you can.

BTW, I wonder if LeFevour can step in for Carson? Well, shit skippy, since he has never played more than 3 snaps in a real game its kinda hard to tell.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1301702377' post='981508']
Uhhh, because the only way to top off a horrible season would have been to lose "our franchise QB( LOL)" to an injury in a lost season. I never said start and finish the game but rather some real playing time. What good did it do to have Carson play almost every minute of the last 4 games? Isn't it a good idea to see if you backup is any good in a real game if you can.

BTW, I wonder if LeFevour can step in for Carson? Well, shit skippy, since he has never played more than 3 snaps in a real game its kinda hard to tell.
[/quote]

a valid point. IMO I still think it was more valuable to find out if Simpson and Caldwell were starter caliber WR's, and you weren't going to find that out with a backup QB also in the game.

Great point about an injury to Carson though.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1301702377' post='981508']

[/quote]

I wasn't arguing the logic... It makes sense, but past history didn't seem to support the assumption.. However, as you pointed out the Franchise QB is a unique position as far as injury goes.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1301703669' post='981512']
Just wait till Jordan gets a chance and all of you haters will be crowning me the next KING OF LIBYA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

:24:

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1301702624' post='981509']
a valid point. IMO I still think it was more valuable to find out if Simpson and Caldwell were starter caliber WR's, and you weren't going to find that out with a backup QB also in the game.

Great point about an injury to Carson though.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I was happy to finally see Simpson in a game. I just think Jordan and LeFevour could have played the last quarter in a few games just to see how they handled the pressure. It has to be a HUGE difference throwing in a real game with the starters than what both of them did in training camp.

No one is calling him the messiah. Currently, he may be our best option.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1301667071' post='981368']
couldnt pass jordan on the depth chart...

no way thhey made jordan the #2 as some sort of favor,

people ar reaching all over the place these days..

"i TOTALLY think that nobody 3rd string qb could be our next franchise qb"

pretty unlikely.... all things considered...but if you go 2008 offense, and minimize passing completely.. you can "get by" with almost anyone..
[/quote]

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1301749940' post='981559']
No one is calling him the messiah. Currently, he may be our best option.
[/quote]

Unless Carson has a change of heart, there's a 95% chance that the 2011 starting QB is not currently on the roster.

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1301792797' post='981613']
Unless Carson has a change of heart, there's a 95% chance that the 2011 starting QB is not currently on the roster.
[/quote]

Though it probably should be - that's not very fair to say at all.

Don't get me wrong when I say this but I seriously doubt Dan will surpass Jordan on the depth chart. He would have to have one hell of a preseason to do it. Can't see a guy getting cut from the bears, then ride the bench, to all of a sudden breakout and be a solid starter. Even if we draft a QB in the 1st -3rd round he will probably end up like Carson did and sit the year making his way from 3rd string to 2nd. I have little faith in Coach lewis when it comes to playing talented players. We have all seen the veteran's on this team get the playing time over the younger guys. Either it be dunlap, rome, even Rey should have seen middle LB action last year but it just never happened.
Maybe I'm way off and Dan will show a quicker release which will be better for the west coast system coming into place. But in my eyes coach lewis will play the player with seniority, not the best player available.

[quote name='Chad' timestamp='1301835757' post='981643']
Don't get me wrong when I say this but I seriously doubt Dan will surpass Jordan on the depth chart. He would have to have one hell of a preseason to do it. Can't see a guy getting cut from the bears, then ride the bench, to all of a sudden breakout and be a solid starter. Even if we draft a QB in the 1st -3rd round he will probably end up like Carson did and sit the year making his way from 3rd string to 2nd. I have little faith in Coach lewis when it comes to playing talented players. We have all seen the veteran's on this team get the playing time over the younger guys. Either it be dunlap, rome, even Rey should have seen middle LB action last year but it just never happened.
Maybe I'm way off and Dan will show a quicker release which will be better for the west coast system coming into place. But in my eyes coach lewis will play the player with seniority, not the best player available.
[/quote]

While I think we are in trouble if either him or Jordan is the starter, it's unfair to say he sucks because he couldn't pass Jordan on the depth chart. He was signed at the end of the preseason, and had no real knowledge of the system or had not practiced it, like Jordan had the last two years. Maybe if he had some prior NFL experience, but making him #2 the way he came in would have been a terrible idea. And I think most of us know the starter gets most of the reps in practice during the week, so where would he have had time to move up the depth chart?

[quote name='Chad' timestamp='1301835757' post='981643']
[/quote]

Keep in mind Jordan is a free agent and with a new system in place, there's little incentive to keep him outside of talent, which IMO isn't enough to warrant resigning him.

Archived