Xbox Line Up

Tigris

July 12th - NCAA, it begins... then:

Madden, Dead Island, Gears... that'll take you into November with ease. Then in November...

Elder Scrolls and COD.

We won't need football, gentlemen. Everyone band together for online leagues and gaming!!

Battlefield Bad Company looks to be really, really good this year. Not sure what to think of CODMW3. The last two have been pretty much duds. Fun for a little bit then just boring. The new one has some pretty cool modes in it. FIFA 12 looks like it's shaping up to be pretty good. I'm really looking forward to Madden. I think I'm going to get it for the first time since 08. Used to get it religiously. NBA 2K12 as well.

I never played the Battlefield games before. COD has been the same since they switched to Modern Warfare. Online play is even the same. That's what the game is - I don't see how it can change much unless they change the time frame.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1306951948' post='995561']
I never played the Battlefield games before. COD has been the same since they switched to Modern Warfare. Online play is even the same. That's what the game is - I don't see how it can change much unless they change the time frame.
[/quote]
I think the customizable killstreaks ruined it. IDK. I started with WAW on HC SnD and with there only being set killstreaks, it was just a different element too it.

I like to being active I guess..so it doesn't really suit to my type of play. I can't just wait for someone to come to me unless I'm tired.

Bolt action rifles were sweet. They need more of those and less automatic weapons.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1306952696' post='995567']
I think the customizable killstreaks ruined it. IDK. I started with WAW on HC SnD and with there only being set killstreaks, it was just a different element too it.

I like to being active I guess..so it doesn't really suit to my type of play. I can't just wait for someone to come to me unless I'm tired.

Bolt action rifles were sweet. They need more of those and less automatic weapons.
[/quote]
I didn't like them at first, but when my aim got better, I liked the bolt action rifles too.

I still favored the silenced AK47 for online play though. I ran with the CZ (i think it was anyway, the little pistol) in my back pocket that had the automatic attachment. It worked wonders sometimes.

I may have to find an evening sitter so I can devote another 180 hours to an elder scrolls game. I can't freakin wait. Life for me is much different now than it was when I was playing the shit out of Elder Scrolls.

Battlefield looks amazing as well.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1307060297' post='995745']
I may have to find an evening sitter so I can devote another 180 hours to an elder scrolls game. I can't freakin wait. Life for me is much different now than it was when I was playing the shit out of Elder Scrolls.
[/quote]
I'm very excited myself. I even got back into it a few months ago and started playing it again. I played for another 20 hours (on a character I already had started) or so until I just had to sit it down for good. In Oblivion, I was to the point where I was marking where I foud ninroot on the game map with a black marker and making notes of where I found certain plants/flowers/seeds/whatever. If you really explore that game, you can find some really cool shit in there. I remember I was in the woods one time, and I have never seen this since or have heard of anyone else seeing this, but there was a dead body in a place that I never visited before. I can't remember the exact location, I just remember it being somewhere in the woods when I was looking around for random plants (big alchemist/and giant loser here). I gave the game that "real" sense to me - totally loved it. I also remember in the north eastern (I think anyway) mountainous region I found a mansion (HUGE). I can't remember if I took it over as my own house or not... I just remember it was there, in the middle of no where.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1307066710' post='995775']
Battlefield 3 is going to have to do alot to top off Blackops COD IMO!!!
[/quote]
Man. BO ain't going to have nothing on BFBC3. MW3 might, but BO..no way.

You want to play real COD, play 4. That game was perfect. Pre-set killstreaks, guns that weren't overpowered. Useful perks that balanced out.

Supposedly MW3 is getting rid of the nuke. Awesome. Thought it ruined the game TBH.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307068287' post='995779']

You want to play real COD, play 4. That game was perfect. Pre-set killstreaks, guns that weren't overpowered. Useful perks that balanced out.

Supposedly MW3 is getting rid of the nuke. Awesome. Thought it ruined the game TBH.
[/quote]

I haven't played COD 4 to be honest but man...BO is off the hook son! I can't put down that controller. I played SOCOM the new one and it sucked ass!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307068287' post='995779']

[/quote]

I agree CoD Modern Warfare (4) was the best Call of Duty game out of the series. I prefer the Battlefield Bad Company series 100 times more.

Lvl 37 on BC2 on Xbox 360 here, add me if you wanna play!

magikod is my gamertag.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1307068687' post='995780']
I haven't played COD 4 to be honest but man...BO is off the hook son! I can't put down that controller. I played SOCOM the new one and it sucked ass!
[/quote]

From what I have heard, Black Ops is hated by all COD players. Of course they keep playing it though, for whatever reason...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1307068687' post='995780']
[/quote]
You ought to give it a try sometime. It will be awfully hard to get into such an old game, but the sniping was unreal on that game. A lot of balanced guns, a lot of perk choices that made it tough to pick just three. It was a great game, that I never really got into until recently.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1307103681' post='995822']
From what I have heard, Black Ops is hated by all COD players. Of course they keep playing it though, for whatever reason...
[/quote]
I still play it from time to time, but it just doesn't have that same feel it did when I first got it. I think they made a good game, but just not a lot of places to go with it. You can only prestige so many times before it gets boring and I'm only on like 8. I can't imagine who goes through all 15.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1307106821' post='995844']
If activision goes though with the MW3 monthly subscription shit, I'm switching to Battlefield.
[/quote]
I saw online that they weren't making it pay for play, but there was some kind of aspect that was going to make pay. If it's significant, I won't be getting it myself. XBOX already raised their rates and COD already makes enough money off the add-ons they get. I can't imagine it being too popular and probably won't last long.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307108126' post='995849']

I saw online that they weren't making it pay for play, but there was some kind of aspect that was going to make pay. If it's significant, I won't be getting it myself. XBOX already raised their rates and COD already makes enough money off the add-ons they get. I can't imagine it being too popular and probably won't last long.
[/quote]

The new pay thing is called COD MW3 Elite. It will have tournaments set up that will match you with players your skill type that you can win prizes. Also it will give you access to a website that will allow to get detailed information about your personal stats as well as exclusive strategy and intel videos on maps and weapons. It also said that you will get access to more map packs and connect you to a social network that will allow you to play with people that have the same interest as you. I have seen a few places say that it will cost 8 dollars a month. They have an option were you can sign up for a free COD MW3 Elite beta at the COD website. If you dont pay for the Elite service, everything on multiplayer should still be the same.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1307067283' post='995778']
Any of you guys that may do the exercise type games they are coming out with a UFC Training game that is endorsed by the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Using the Kinnect.
[/quote]

Interesting. I was doing the EA Sports thing on the kinect until i screwed up my knee. No excuses know other than being a lazy fuck. That sound a bit less boring.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1307209501' post='996009']
Interesting. I was doing the EA Sports thing on the kinect until i screwed up my knee. No excuses know other than being a lazy fuck. That sound a bit less boring.
[/quote]
Did you hurt your knee while you were playing?

Archived