Mike Wallace

I don't have it in me to search through all the posts, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Is there a timeline on this? If I was a team drafting in the top two thirds of the draft this year, and I had an interest in Wallace, I'd wait until after the draft and trade my 2013 pick. That way I'd have two impact guys this year to drive down the pick I'm giving up next year.... But I don't know if it works that way.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1334849356' post='1119577']
I don't have it in me to search through all the posts, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Is there a timeline on this? If I was a team drafting in the top two thirds of the draft this year, and I had an interest in Wallace, I'd wait until after the draft and trade my 2013 pick. That way I'd have two impact guys this year to drive down the pick I'm giving up next year.... But I don't know if it works that way.
[/quote]

The pick for an RFA is for this year. The alternative is to make trade from Pitt for next years pick, or any other deal, but Pitt would have to agree to the deal.

[quote name='#22' timestamp='1334847746' post='1119571']
It would be cool if they could trade down the #21 to the Giant's draft pick, pick up an extra 3rd/4th, and then give the Steelers the worst first.
[/quote]

The pick you give up has to be AT LEAST as good as your team's original pick.

Archived