Football Gameplan's 2012 Mock Draft Video - February

EmDiggy

I'm disappointed to hear you aren't a psychic.

I think the griffin, jeffrey and floyd picks are curious.

Decastro would be awesome. I wouldn't take Jenkins with Kirkpatrick still on the board.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1329944706' post='1098259']
Can't watch the video at work. Who did we get?
[/quote]

decastro and jenkins.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1329944828' post='1098260']
I'm disappointed to hear you aren't a psychic.

I think the griffin, jeffrey and floyd picks are curious.

Decastro would be awesome. I wouldn't take Jenkins with Kirkpatrick still on the board.

decastro and jenkins.
[/quote]

I'm not sold on Kirkpatrick.. he doesn't catch interceptions and attends the Nnamdi Asamough School of WR Holding.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329951399' post='1098308']
RG3 to the Vikings? They just spent a high round pick on Ponder last year, there is no way in hell they give up on him after ONE year. I'd be willing to make a signature bet on that one.

B)
[/quote]

Mannnn its not a good sign when the guy you traded up in the draft to get last year (Ponder) isn't better than the WR/QB on the roster (Webb).. I'd say take a Hard look at RG3. Although in my hearts of all hearts, I think he ends up in Washington without a trade

[quote name='EmDiggy' timestamp='1329953399' post='1098313']

I'm not sold on Kirkpatrick.. he doesn't catch interceptions and attends the Nnamdi Asamough School of WR Holding.

Mannnn its not a good sign when the guy you traded up in the draft to get last year (Ponder) isn't better than the WR/QB on the roster (Webb).. I'd say take a Hard look at RG3. Although in my hearts of all hearts, I think he ends up in Washington without a trade
[/quote]

So you don't think that the Browns are going to take RG3? The Browns are going to have to do something to get the fans excited again and keep the stadium full.

[quote name='EmDiggy' timestamp='1329953399' post='1098313']

Mannnn its not a good sign when the guy you traded up in the draft to get last year (Ponder) isn't better than the WR/QB on the roster (Webb).. I'd say take a Hard look at RG3. Although in my hearts of all hearts, I think he ends up in Washington without a trade[/quote]

I AM sold on Jenkins though. Sold that I do NOT want him.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1329954281' post='1098320']
I AM sold on Jenkins though. Sold that I do NOT want him.
[/quote]

i have to ask this question. do you see jenkins' issues with pot as being any worse than michael floyd, who's been arrested 3 different times since 2009 for alcohol related offenses....once also involving a fight, the last time running a stop sign at 3AM and subsequently blowing a .19 ?

you've been very outspoken about not wanting jenkins, while being more than enthusiastic over michael floyd's selection. seems odd.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1329975955' post='1098361']

i have to ask this question. do you see jenkins' issues with pot as being any worse than michael floyd, who's been arrested 3 different times since 2009 for alcohol related offenses....once also involving a fight, the last time running a stop sign at 3AM and subsequently blowing a .19 ?

you've been very outspoken about not wanting jenkins, while being more than enthusiastic over michael floyd's selection. seems odd.
[/quote]

I can't speak for Jason, but I don't care about Jenkins pot issues as much as I do about his fights and lack of discipline and attitude problems.

[/quote]

The Floyd issue is a serious one.. to be that young and have a struggle with Alcoholism is troubling. You guys saw what it did with Odell Thurman (who was a BEAST) but couldn't get rid of his alcoholism

[/quote]

That I am aware of, Floyd has not had further issues since this past season started. Jenkins has. And Floyd wasn't kicked out of the program. That said, if he has any more incidents between now and the draft, he's off my board.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1330003641' post='1098388']

That I am aware of, Floyd has not had further issues since this past season started. Jenkins has. And Floyd wasn't kicked out of the program. That said, if he has any more incidents between now and the draft, he's off my board.
[/quote]

janoris jenkins was caught smoking pot on april 23, 2011.

michael floyd was caught driving drunk and running a stop sign on march 20, 2011..

jason, that's one month difference.

and let's tell it like it is.... he had every reason in the world to be kicked off the team for a year and stripped of his scholarship, especially considering the circumstances. brian kelly and the notre dame powers that be decided they needed him to play, instead. they mythically suspended him for spring practices then let him resume playing summer ball, when they needed to get him ready for the regular season. that whole ordeal had bullshit written all over it.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1330034091' post='1098521']

janoris jenkins was caught smoking pot on april 23, 2011.

michael floyd was caught driving drunk and running a stop sign on march 20, 2011..

jason, that's one month difference.

and let's tell it like it is.... he had every reason in the world to be kicked off the team for a year and stripped of his scholarship, considering the circumstances. brian kelly and the notre dame powers that be decided they needed him to play, instead. that whole ordeal had bullshit written all over it.
[/quote]

I think Jason's point was that Jenkins had problems (ejections for fighting) DURING the 2011 season, while Floyd didn't have any troubles (that I can recall).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1330034463' post='1098524']

I think Jason's point was that Jenkins had problems (ejections for fighting) DURING the 2011 season, while Floyd didn't have any troubles (that I can recall).
[/quote]

let me ask you this, and jason can chime in later, too. do you think after his 3rd alcohol related arrest, where he ran a stop sign, failed 3 field sobriety tests, and blew a .19 ...that he learned anything? brian kelly did nothing more than slap his hands. the judge threw out the running the stop sign violation, suspended his driver's license for a whopping 90 days, with no jail time, and only a meager $200 fine to boot.

i really doubt it!

[quote name='EmDiggy' timestamp='1330003149' post='1098384']

The Floyd issue is a serious one.. to be that young and have a struggle with Alcoholism is troubling. You guys saw what it did with Odell Thurman (who was a BEAST) but couldn't get rid of his alcoholism
[/quote]

agree completely.

Out of all of Floyd's alcohol related arrests, 2 were for under age drinking...How many people on this board didn't drink while under age? One was for a DUI and running a stop sign. Yea that is serious, the others are nothing but blown out of proportion addons. Floyd was only allowed back on the team if he would move into the freshman dorm on campus and be a role model for the younger students. He did that and kept his noce clean. This isn't a case of a pattern of poor judgment. This is a pattern of being the wrong spot at the wrong time, and making one bad decision. Don't make it out to be more than what it is.

I have no problems with Jenkins getting into a fight during a game. I've done similar during hockey games and I'm a cop.

I have a little problem with the pot. 2 incidents in a couple months is worrying but it's pot and probably a majority of NFL players smoke it. He says he doesn't smoke it anymore but honestly I care less as long he is smart about it.

The bar fight worries me. Add it all together and he's definitely a risk. He is an amazing talent and potential shut down corner though. If he nails the interviews and is convincing that he's changed, we'll probably select him if he's available, and I'll be fine with it because I think we will have done our homework on him.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1330035659' post='1098532']

let me ask you this, and jason can chime in later, too. do you think after his 3rd alcohol related arrest, where he ran a stop sign, failed 3 field sobriety tests, and blew a .19 ...that he learned anything? brian kelly did nothing more than slap his hands. the judge threw out the running the stop sign violation, suspended his driver's license for a whopping 90 days, with no jail time, and only a meager $200 fine to boot.

i really doubt it!
[/quote]

sorry, to clarify, I'm not defending floyd in anyway. I think his issues are definitely a concern. Just trying to explain what Jason meant, in that jenkins still had issues after that last arrest.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1330038843' post='1098548']
Out of all of Floyd's alcohol related arrests, 2 were for under age drinking...How many people on this board didn't drink while under age? One was for a DUI and running a stop sign. Yea that is serious, the others are nothing but blown out of proportion addons. Floyd was only allowed back on the team if he would move into the freshman dorm on campus and be a role model for the younger students. He did that and kept his noce clean. This isn't a case of a pattern of poor judgment. This is a pattern of being the wrong spot at the wrong time, and making one bad decision. Don't make it out to be more than what it is.
[/quote]

ok, and the reverse of that argument would be how many college kids smoke dope? after all, jenkins 2nd marijuana arrest was for sitting in a car in a parking lot where an officer found a roach in his ash tray. are you kidding me...an unlit roach in the ashtray of your car while in a parking lot? he was probably playing his damn music too loud, too, which likely started the event. in many states that's not even against the law. in many others the cop doesn't push such a pathetic case. it reeks of good old boy southern profiling to me.

i don't want my CBs getting thrown out of games, but i don't want them to back down either. CB is a position where you need to be a feisty type. yeah, i'd sign finnegan in free agency too.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1330038843' post='1098548']
This isn't a case of a pattern of poor judgment. This is a pattern of being the wrong spot at the wrong time, and making one bad decision. Don't make it out to be more than what it is.
[/quote]

That's great that he kept his nose clean and all, but getting a DUI after already being arrested twice for alcohol related offenses, regardless of how innocuous they might have been, is actually just piss poor judgement period and not a good sign IMO. Then throw in the fact that he did it knowing full well how high profile he was and it's pretty easy to see a not so good pattern being formed. I know I'd be pretty damned concerned about pulling him out of a pretty safe environment under Brian Kelly at ND and then giving him a shit-ton of money if I was a GM/owner.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1330044933' post='1098572']

That's great that he kept his nose clean and all, but getting a DUI after already being arrested twice for alcohol related offenses, regardless of how innocuous they might have been, is actually just piss poor judgement period and not a good sign IMO. Then throw in the fact that he did it knowing full well how high profile he was and it's pretty easy to see a not so good pattern being formed. I know I'd be pretty damned concerned about pulling him out of a pretty safe environment under Brian Kelly at ND and then giving him a shit-ton of money if I was a GM/owner.
[/quote]

One time being arrested it was at off campus party where some knuckleheads broke out in a fight and he was there. He got ticketed for underage drinking. His second time he was at a club in Minnieapolis where he is from and got caught for underage drinking. He finally got busted for a DUI and running a stop sign on campus. Underage drinking tickest are a joke! I don't know why some of you guys continue to make a big deal of it. That, along with the fact of a 0.19 BAL, which I guarentee many of you have drank enough to hit that. Yes driving drunk is dumb, but labeling this guy as a potential risk is the dumbest thing I have heard. Spicoli, yes he is a high profile guy, but damn they have to have a life too. He made a mistake and got a DUI. He did everything that was asked of him all year, and I commend him for that.

My take on Floyd:

1. Drinking in college isn't unusual. My understanding is he's a college kid who drank, not an alcoholic. If every college kid who drank to excess was an alcoholic, then 99% of college students, current or former would be alcoholics.

2. Kelly gave him an ultimatum. Straighten up or get out. He has not had an incident since.

Jenkins had another incident after getting kicked out of Florida. And regardless of your opinion on whether or not it SHOULD be legal or not, that fact is alcohol is legal and pot is not.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1330044933' post='1098572']

[/quote]

get this....part of the judge's probation order was that he couldn't drink in bars, not that he couldn't be in bars, not that he couldn't get caught drinking somewhere else, just don't get caught drinking in bars anymore, young man. what a life lesson experience to learn from.

what worries me more than anything is not the kid, it's all the enablers that have taken care of him at every turn when he's fucked up. there's been no real reason to take a step back from that lifestyle. no one's ever put a foot on this kid's neck. i think that's sad, especially at a time when a different route was in order. so personally, i doubt he's learned a damned thing at all throughout this whole process.

now let's flip that to janoris jenkins' experience, and i'm not condoning anything he did, either. but his consequences were entirely different.

he had everything in the world going for him. after his screw ups, muschamp kicked him off the team and out of school. he could have hung his head and turned into one of the lost youths that this country has way too many of, but he didn't. instead, he buckled down and ate his pride, and enrolled in a division 2 program. instead of folding up, he chose to play out his sr year of college so he could stay in football shape for a chance at the career he had always dreamed of.

jenkins reveals some of that with this statement....

“It was difficult. It was an experience. It humbled me down a lot. I went from a Nike school where you could have everything you wanted to going to a Division II school where you get one pair of cleats for the whole season,” Jenkins told The Associated Press. “The environment was totally different, going from 95,000 fans at The Swamp to 3,500 at UNA.”

that's the difference i see between these two individuals. the stories within the stories, so to say. one guy was faced with a ton of adversity after fucking up. the other guy....well, he went to notre dame.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1330045307' post='1098573']

One time being arrested it was at off campus party where some knuckleheads broke out in a fight and he was there. He got ticketed for underage drinking. His second time he was at a club in Minnieapolis where he is from and got caught for underage drinking. He finally got busted for a DUI and running a stop sign on campus. Underage drinking tickest are a joke! I don't know why some of you guys continue to make a big deal of it. That, along with the fact of a 0.19 BAL, which I guarentee many of you have drank enough to hit that. Yes driving drunk is dumb, but labeling this guy as a potential risk is the dumbest thing I have heard. Spicoli, yes he is a high profile guy, but damn they have to have a life too. He made a mistake and got a DUI. He did everything that was asked of him all year, and I commend him for that.
[/quote]

repeat after me.

1st offense.....and they did nothing

2nd offense....and they did nothing

then this escalated into the 3rd most serious offense....and they DID NOTHING.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1330047493' post='1098583']

repeat after me.

1st offense.....and they did nothing

2nd offense....and they did nothing

then this escalated into the 3rd most serious offense....and they DID NOTHING.
[/quote]

How do you know they did nothing? I bet he paid a fine just like any of us would have gotten. Underage drinking is a ticketable offense. The guy got one years probation, drivers license suspended 90 days, ect. and you call it nothing. Hines Ward just got his DUI reduced to reckless driving. Come on man!

Archived