According to CNN, Louisville is the top US Destination to visit

Go Skins

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/05/travel/lonely-planet-top-us-destinations/index.html?hpt=hp_bn10"]http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/05/travel/lonely-planet-top-us-destinations/index.html?hpt=hp_bn10[/url]

[b]Louisville is the new Portland?[/b]
Louisville, Kentucky, was named the top U.S. destination for 2013, following travel publisher Lonely Planet's discussions among its group of U.S. editors and authors. While they tend to debate entries into each year's Top 10 list, everyone agreed on Louisville, said Reid.

While many horse lovers descend upon this Southern town the first Saturday in May to witness the Kentucky Derby, also known as the "greatest two minutes in sports," there's more to Louisville than one horse race.

With its hip bourbon scene (including microdistilleries), fine dining and emerging East Market District, also known as NuLu, Louisville may just be the new Portland, Oregon. Reid said. Consider exploring the city via the [url="http://www.bourboncountry.com/things-to-do/urban-bourbon-trail/index.aspx"]Urban Bourbon Trail[/url] for a powerful introduction to Kentucky's famous spirit.

The rest of Lonely Planet's Top 10 destinations: Fairbanks, Alaska (2); San Juan Islands, Washington (3), Philadelphia (4); American Samoa (5); Eastern Sierra, California (6); northern Maine (7); Twin Cities, Minnesota (8); Verde Valley, Arizona (9); and Glacier National Park, Montana (10).

Pretty good music scene depending on what you're into (great for blues), more venues & cool bars etc than a typical town that size. I've had fun there but I don't know what's up with that neighborhood. I think there's a trolley there. An art gallery on a trolley route is like a hipster salt lick. Throw in some bike lanes and a Whole Foods and they may give Portland a run.

Louisville is a cool town. They have some neat stuff like the Louisville Slugger factory/museum, the Muhammad Ali museum, the bourbon trail and a decent selection of bars, restaurants and music. I dont know if it is the top destination but it's not a bad place to visit.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1354822198' post='1189227']
Pretty good music scene depending on what you're into (great for blues), more venues & cool bars etc than a typical town that size. I've had fun there but I don't know what's up with that neighborhood. I think there's a trolley there. An art gallery on a trolley route is like a hipster salt lick. Throw in some bike lanes and a Whole Foods and they may give Portland a run.
[/quote]

Big Bone Lick?

I just spent the weekend in Louisville, it's a good town. 4th Street Live is a blast and the ladies are way friendlier and better looking than in Cincy (Cincy is a terrible town to be single in :ninja:). Their waterfront is balls ugly though, I think the Nati is a way nicer looking town, and our nightlife is improving really fast.

Archived