Remember when the Cowboys gave Nate Livings $18.5 million?

I do. :24:

[color=#000000][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b] Nate Livings has no hard feelings for the Bengals[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys starting left guard [url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10207/nate-livings"]Nate Livings[/url] said he participated fully in Friday's practice after missing Thursday's session with a sore knee.

Livings also said his body just needed a rest after the rigors of playing in the NFL. But Livings has a little incentive to play this Sunday against the [url="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals"]Cincinnati Bengals[/url], a team he spent six seasons with.

This past spring, Livings said he expected to re-sign with the Bengals and was even on the phone with offensive line coach Paul Alexander for nearly an hour as his agent talked to both sides about a deal.

"It wasn't right, but it wasn't wrong either," Livings said of the contract offered by the Bengals. Livings signed a five-year $18.7 million deal with the Cowboys and hasn't missed a game in 2012 and might be the most consistent performer along the offensive line.

In some ways, Livings might want to prove a point to the Bengals they made a mistake in not signing him again.

"I got tons of buddies over there," Livings said. "In the offseason, we even workout together."

Sometimes the business of the NFL gets in the way so Livings decided to come to Dallas and be closer to home. He went to high school in Lake Charles, La., and played college ball at LSU.

"It's the next game up," Livings said. "It's nothing personal to nobody. I was there six years and put it behind me when I came to Dallas."

Later he said, "I expected to return, but I have a good relationship with the coaches over there. I moved on. I'm happy as heck to be here now."[/size][/font][/color]

Watching their last two games, nate has definitely improved on his consistency...as in good not consistently bad,which he was NOT here contrary to public opinion. He would have some good games, some really bad games, and games where he would play mostly well, except some complete whiff jobs an a couple/few plays. Overall, Boling is playing overall better than the Nate of the past six years...just wish nate were still playing like the Nate of the past six years.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' timestamp='1355007102' post='1189730']
Watching their last two games, nate has definitely improved on his consistency...as in good not consistently bad,which he was NOT here contrary to public opinion. He would have some good games, some really bad games, and games where he would play mostly well, except some complete whiff jobs an a couple/few plays. Overall, Boling is playing overall better than the Nate of the past six years...just wish nate were still playing like the Nate of the past six years.
[/quote]

Especially since Tyron Smith has struggled moving to the left side this fall, Livings has been their best OL. He hasn't been great, but pretty solid. Not many penalties, and hasn't been glaringly bad vs the pass rush.

The running game has been off for most of the year, but Felix was out of shape for much of the first half of the year, and Murray missed at least half of the games. That didn't help. The OL is weakest from C to RT. Cook is bad, Bernardeau is worse (although he's gotten better), and Free has been terrible.

The Cowboys for the most part have been lucky re injuries in recent years, but this year, they've been snakebit.

[quote name='bigboi' timestamp='1355019041' post='1189750']
sad thing is Nate living might be the best linemen they have right now,because both of there starting guards are out.
[/quote]

Nate Livings and McKenzie Bernardeau are the starting guards... They have been all year and are playing tomorrow.

Archived