Training Camp Thread #2

1. J.K. Schaffer at middle linebacker right now. Very vocal. Redirected James Harrison on a Josh Johnson audible. #Bengals

2. Andre Smith isn't taking the water and towels for granted today. #Bengals

Expand
  3. Josh Johnson with second team offense on 11 on 11 drill

Expand
  4. Dalton 3 for 3 to start the day. All short passes to the flats. #Bengals

Expand
  5. 11-on-11 drills to start practice. Play action pass to Marvin Jones then a quick check down to Bernard on the following play

1. First team work? RT @andrewfoxmiller: Schaffer at MLB right now. Very vocal. Redirected James Harrison on a Josh Johnson audible.

2. @CincyJungle Schaffer faced Dalton on multiple snaps. I know that much.

1. A lot of Burfict at MLB today. Searching for Maualuga. Can't confirm his status yet. #Bengals

2. I'm starting to doubt he is. Was stretching I'm uniform but MIA since. "@CincyJungle: @andrewfoxmiller Is Maualuga practicing?"

Expand
  3. Kyle Cook and Vontaze Burfict in a scuffle after a play. Didn't last long.

Sanzenbacher wide open 25 yards downfield. somebody messed up zone coverage back there. maybe A Jones or Iloka

Schaffer now facing third team offense at MLB.

1. embarrassing drop for Cobi Hamilton. wide open 40 yds down field and it hit him in the belly

2. another weird defensive look. DL Robert Geathers just dropped and covered Gresham 15 yards downfield

Expand
  3. Three safety look with Taylor mays covering Sanzenbacher in the slot. weird

Marvin Jones dive count so far is zero. In case you were wondering.

1. A lot of passes coming out high today. bouncing off fingertips. Mostly from Josh Johnson

2. not a good day for Cobi Hamilton. WRs shouldn't have false starts

Expand
  3. expect Vontaze Burfict to call plays this year. he's the only every down linebacker

Josh Johnson connects with Brandon Tate in red zone drill. #Bengals http://instagram.com/p/c2HxljKOiJ/ 

1. RBs motion out wide often. they stay in to chip block less than they did last year

2. one major thing I'm taking away from watching Grudens offense is that RBs will be heavily involved in passing attack

Expand
  3. A lot of passes coming out high today. bouncing off fingertips. Mostly from Josh Johnson

Nugent kicks a 45 yarder through the uprights.

Theme of the day is the two minute drill. Coaches repeating "get out of bounds", also practicing spikes and field goals with no timeout

Tough early 11-on-11 for #Bengals WRs. Cobi Hamilton with wide open drop. Also, Sanu, Sanzenbacher, Tate drops, though more difficult.

Marvin Lewis on J.K. Schaffer: "I kind of got my stamp on him" http://sbn.to/14Eh04y 

1. Mike Johnson and Ghee sitting out

2. Whit AJ out. So is Dre. Looks like rest day for him

AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu joking around and laughing with a hard knocks crew all over it

1. Mohamed Sanu makes nice touchdown catch over a smaller DB. Sanu's strong hands plucked it away

2. George Iloka has been getting almost all the snaps with the ones today... I guess he's the favorite now

Expand
  3. Skelton throws to Roy Roundtree deep down sideline, tight coverage by Terrence brown, tipped ball up but still caught by Roundtree

Roy Roundtree salvages a bad deep ball by Skelton. Under thrown. Bounced off defender into Roundtree's hands.

judging by photos, it looks like the team has wised up and moved the bleachers over to the short side of the field where AJ was injured.

in fact, it looks like they may have repainted that entire field all-together to make room to move the bleachers over to that side.

Dane Sanzenbacher makes deep catch https://vine.co/v/hhjqKuIFneB 

I wouldn't be surprised if the bengals are the deepest team in the nfl. Unfortunately doesn't make them the best team.

I think having great depth doesn't win you championships (having great starters does), but it can definitely lose you a championship if you don't have great depth and a player gets hurt and you can't fill his shoes.

Archived