!!!THE CHARGERS @ BENGALS WILDCARD GAME THREAD!!!

Meh. I'm okay with being a whiny little lying bitch if theres enough people like me that get loud enough to make some fucking changes happen with this squad. I'll be 100% honest. I hope people cancel their season tickets in DROVES. I hope merchandise sales plummet. Somehow this has to impact Mike Brown, because if not, we are doomed to groundhog day this shit every year. I'm just a college student, but I've spent a good amount of my own money this year on just bengals bullshit and tickets and concessions n shit. And I don't make a fucking lot lol. Somethings got to give, man. We shouldn't be expected to just support this mediocrity.

It's all history repeating man, nothing changes no matter how pissed we get. As long as we are mediocre at best, this is how it will be. Good 'ol mediocre Marvin and Mike.

It's all history repeating man, nothing changes no matter how pissed we get. As long as we are mediocre at best, this is how it will be. Good 'ol mediocre Marvin and Mike.

I swear a few years ago I remember Mike had a quote about winning the superbowl.

Something along the lines of winning the superbowl isn't all good because then you have to pay the players for their performance and that is bad for business.

That is definitely not word for word but I know he said something very similar to that.

That just SCREAMS mediocrity is what he strives for.

Meh. I'm okay with being a whiny little lying bitch if theres enough people like me that get loud enough to make some fucking changes happen with this squad. I'll be 100% honest. I hope people cancel their season tickets in DROVES. I hope merchandise sales plummet. Somehow this has to impact Mike Brown, because if not, we are doomed to groundhog day this shit every year. I'm just a college student, but I've spent a good amount of my own money this year on just bengals bullshit and tickets and concessions n shit. And I don't make a fucking lot lol. Somethings got to give, man. We shouldn't be expected to just support this mediocrity.

well you're not going to accomplish that mission here. why don't you join that fucking WhoDeyRevolution site. go spew your bullshit over there with like minded folks, and give us a break. go spend that "good amount of money" on intelligent projects, like billboards. nobody's paying us for babysitting, therefore we shouldn't have to. you'll be among friends there, you fucking crybaby.

Found it.

"Super Bowl teams do not make as much money as the public thinks. Revenues are shared among all 28 teams and expenses are only borne by the teams that play in the Super Bowl. Super Bowl teams lose more money in the following years because they have to pay their players more for their superior performance."

-Mike Brown

I swear a few years ago I remember Mike had a quote about winning the superbowl.

Something along the lines of winning the superbowl isn't all good because then you have to pay the players for their performance and that is bad for business.

That is definitely not word for word but I know he said something very similar to that.

That just SCREAMS mediocrity is what he strives for.

I do remember something like that.

Found it.

"Super Bowl teams do not make as much money as the public thinks. Revenues are shared among all 28 teams and expenses are only borne by the teams that play in the Super Bowl. Super Bowl teams lose more money in the following years because they have to pay their players more for their superior performance."

-Mike Brown

I know Mike gets alot of hate and for the 90s deservedly so, but he isnt the problem lately. He's stepped back and let others take the reigns. 

Cant be mad at Mike............................... unless he makes no changes

Yeah, let me apologize Alleycat. LOL. I really dunno why I'm being such a fuck. Maybe its the booze. Its probably the booze. But this team has such a ridiculous hold on my emotional state, and I really don't know why. We've all been here before. We all knew the possibility of this happening, honestly, was fairly high. But FUCK. It fuckin hurts man. This shit hurts more than the others for some reason. Maybe I get too emotionally attached to my sports teams, but I don't think so. It's nice having something to root for and get angry over that, at the end of the day, truly doesn't matter. But..yeah. I've been using the word "faggot" entirely too much lol. I apologize for that shit too, as I'm a huge supporter of LGBT rights. But...yeah. Just a rough one, mane. Dunno what else to say. I'm leaving this thread alone for now.

it was hard, but i gave you a one up for this one... good post. 

Yeah, let me apologize Alleycat. LOL. I really dunno why I'm being such a fuck. Maybe its the booze. Its probably the booze. But this team has such a ridiculous hold on my emotional state, and I really don't know why. We've all been here before. We all knew the possibility of this happening, honestly, was fairly high. But FUCK. It fuckin hurts man. This shit hurts more than the others for some reason. Maybe I get too emotionally attached to my sports teams, but I don't think so. It's nice having something to root for and get angry over that, at the end of the day, truly doesn't matter. But..yeah. I've been using the word "faggot" entirely too much lol. I apologize for that shit too, as I'm a huge supporter of LGBT rights. But...yeah. Just a rough one, mane. Dunno what else to say. I'm leaving this thread alone for now.

:) That's almost such an unbelievable post from you that I'm wondering if my sarcasm meter is broken!

It hurts like hell.  And the funny thing is, after last season at this very moment, I said this year will be the make or break year for Andy and Marvin.  I want to continue to see improvement from Andy, and I want to see Marvin's boys win the games they are supposed to win. 

I actually HAVE seen some improvement from Andy, but I think some of the other stuff on this team has actually regressed around him. 

But let me be clear. I'm not saying Andy is without fault, AT ALL.  I just think that, when you look at the global perspective with this team, we aren't changing in the kind of integral ways that we need to.  We don't have the moxy, the fiber, the will, whatever you want to call it. 

Guess what? The Chargers had what was widely considered the LAST O-Line in this league last year, and this year rose to the near top.  They also have some of that fiber I was talking about.  IMO, there's no small coincidence that DJ Fluker is the difference.  You see how pumped up that guy was in our last two games?  He's a rookie. Same with Keenan Allen.  But when we get rookies here, it's all about how they have to bide their time, and in the meantime we go out and get aging vets like Harrison and Crocker who, frankly, just don't seem to have any fire.

Fire.  That's what I want from this team, and not only do I not see it, but I see some players (yes, AJ GREEN, I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT YOU) losing it.  Like the mediocrity is infectious.  AJ needs to be benched when he pulls that shit.  Gresh needs to be benched when he drops passes or commits penalties or drops another pass.  Hell, even AJ should get a talking to that's worth something.  But we don't. 

Well, that's not true.  Zimmer does. I personally think we lost this game many weeks ago, when Gio Atkins went down. Take away three quality LB's, and two very good corners and it's hard to lay much blame there.  He just doesn't have a lot to work with.  I do think he could use some more fire on his unit though, and the first place I'd start is the middle of that D Line, someone else at LB, and at Safety.

But I digress.  Football is a game physical game, of big bad physical boys who need mental toughness to go along with their muscle.  And IMO, that all starts in the trenches. 

Unfortunately, I don't see the commitment from this team to those kinds of values.  At our first game in SD, the O-Line approached Gruden and lobbied to have him run the ball more. The result was a take-control win.  We could have done the same thing today!!!  But we got caught up in Jay and Andy's little ego game, and the rest is history.  It has to be demoralizing to know that you are getting 5 YPC and yet have your coach call high risk, gizmo pass plays.

And all of this happens right under Marvin Lewis' nose.  The team collapses.  A big, whole-team stinking up the joint collapse.  And that's what we're left with.  A long with a massive dose of helpless fucking depression, because we had the temerity, the foolishness to believe, that just this once, maybe his guys could rise to the occasion. Because the talent was there, right?  But we didn't.  Just like we virtually NEVER have. 

IMO, the situation is now perfectly clear, and the call of what to do about it is as well. 

Found it.

-Mike Brown

Found it.

-Mike Brown

you have to put that in the context of when it was said. mike's done damned near everything within his power to be a different guy than that of late...a better owner...one more committed to bringing the fans of his team a winner. the long timers will tell you, i've traveled 180 degrees on my perception of him. he's made the necessary changes i requested from my bitching days to get me to change. the man deserves my respect now, and he has it! let's not get confused in our anger and blame this on mike brown.

I know I've been painted as a Dalton lover, which I am not. But I am a Dalton defender, when he gets unduly shit on for team-wide losses. 

That said, I'm going to roll with the Mike Brown quote about Super Bowls costing teams above, and tell you what I think the best cast scenario is:

And then you can all call me a Dalton lover.

If I'm Mike Brown, I resign Dalton a decent extension with a heft discount, maybe with some enormous escalators based on certain performance feats.  My friends in the hedge fund business all make sick money by doing one simple thing.  Follow quality companies around the world, and then when disaster strikes (earthquake) move in and buy the quality companies in relative stable industries (beverages, cigarettes, etc).  The world freaks that the country has gone south, and stocks fall to 30%.  They buy cheap, and a year and a half later the stocks are back to where they were and they've tripled their money.  It's not a game to play if you follow the tide, but if you are a value investor you can make a killing.

But that takes some real balls.

I see the overeaction and hype about Dalton the same way.  I think we can buy cheap now, and if I'm MB I'm all over that.  I would be ESPECIALLY bullish if I also had firing Jay Gruden as part of my plan (and bring in a veteran OC who's worked with real QB's, please!).  It's a brilliant use of team resources and frees you up to continue to invest in your dominant D and to improve your O-Line, etc.

And you may now all dump buckets of shit all over me.

well you're not going to accomplish that mission here. why don't you join that fucking WhoDeyRevolution site. go spew your bullshit over there with like minded folks, and give us a break. go spend that "good amount of money" on intelligent projects, like billboards. nobody's paying us for babysitting, therefore we shouldn't have to. you'll be among friends there, you fucking crybaby.

Lol yikes

I know I've been painted as a Dalton lover, which I am not. But I am a Dalton defender, when he gets unduly shit on for team-wide losses. 

That said, I'm going to roll with the Mike Brown quote about Super Bowls costing teams above, and tell you what I think the best cast scenario is:

And then you can all call me a Dalton lover.

If I'm Mike Brown, I resign Dalton a decent extension with a heft discount, maybe with some enormous escalators based on certain performance feats.  My friends in the hedge fund business all make sick money by doing one simple thing.  Follow quality companies around the world, and then when disaster strikes (earthquake) move in and buy the quality companies in relative stable industries (beverages, cigarettes, etc).  The world freaks that the country has gone south, and stocks fall to 30%.  They buy cheap, and a year and a half later the stocks are back to where they were and they've tripled their money.  It's not a game to play if you follow the tide, but if you are a value investor you can make a killing.

But that takes some real balls.

I see the overeaction and hype about Dalton the same way.  I think we can buy cheap now, and if I'm MB I'm all over that.  I would be ESPECIALLY bullish if I also had firing Jay Gruden as part of my plan (and bring in a veteran OC who's worked with real QB's, please!).  It's a brilliant use of team resources and frees you up to continue to invest in your dominant D and to improve your O-Line, etc.

And you may now all dump buckets of shit all over me.

Bro,

Andy hasnt earned contract extension talks 

Bro,

Andy hasnt earned contract extension talks 

It's going to happen. 

Would you like to make the bet on THAT?

Or do you just run around saying absolutist shit because you can get away with it?  C'mon, put a little skin in the game.  Easy Money.

It's going to happen. 

Would you like to make the bet on THAT?

Or do you just run around saying absolutist shit because you can get away with it?  C'mon, put a little skin in the game.  Easy Money.

HA! No chance I'd bet on that because while I dont think he has earned contract extension talks I also know who runs this team.

:lol:

Archived