!!!THE CHARGERS @ BENGALS WILDCARD GAME THREAD!!!

AJ needs to fight for a ball! He has not pulled a ball away from anyone all year. He has had three or four chances today.
O-line didn't show up at all. Dalton's fumble comes on a 3rd and long as he is running for his life for a third consecutive play. 1st INT thrown falling backwards on 3rd and long as the entire Chargers Defensive line is behind our line
2nd INT was all Dalton

I agree. The pick by Ingram was terrible, but on the run he was just trying to make the play and he got a bad bounce. The first INT was bad but having no time to throw from his back foot sure didn't help.

Offensively, they didn't adjust at all in the second half. SD was running some different blitzes,and they didn't handle it at all. In these kind of games, you have to make the plays, and they didn't.

Countless examples... AJ drop, Gio drop, Gio fumble, Andy INT to Eifert, 3rd down completions given up by Adam Jones and Dre, etc. and bad tackling pretty much all game. WAY too many yards after contact.

AJ is easily as big a problem on this team as Andy is right now.  His lack of effort is shameful.

Aj Green didnt cause Andy to fumble the football.

Aj Green didnt cause Andy to make two poor decisions on where he was throwing causing the int.

A few of you have been doing this for weeks with Dalton, putting it on everyone else but Dalton.

This game was single handedly lost by Dalton.

Just stop.

Aj Green didnt cause Andy to make two poor decisions on where he was throwing causing the int.

A few of you have been doing this for weeks with Dalton, putting it on everyone else but Dalton.

Just stop.

No doubt Dalton sucked today, but with the way the O line was playing we would have lost with fucking Joe Montana at QB.

No mental toughness at all.

At least a loss puts things in perspective. Better to be a good significant other, family member and friend than just a football fan. Appreciate what u really have, even if u will miss the entertainment a bengals win would provide

hey pal, a post like this should deserve a pat on the back!  this one extremely hurts, but your perspective is right on the money, and the timing is picture perfect.

in my period of being very down, i thank you!  :41:

No doubt Dalton sucked today, but with the way the O line was playing we would have lost with fucking Joe Montana at QB.

Oh the Oline was bad too, but the fumble was entirely his fault, the 2 Ints both on him, bad decisions on both throws.

I don't think its the coach. The coach isn't throwing stupid picks, fumbling, make a piss poor effort to catch the ball. We don't have a good enough quarterback and our star wide receiver isn't balling out. Its complete bullshit to watch.

He has shit the bed 4 times (I give him a pass for the Kimo cheap shot game) with 2 different QB's, twice at home.  When the players change and the results are the same, it comes down to being prepared and that lies directly at the feet of the coach and those he tasks with doing the preparation...

I don't think its the coach. The coach isn't throwing stupid picks, fumbling, make a piss poor effort to catch the ball. We don't have a good enough quarterback and our star wide receiver isn't balling out. Its complete bullshit to watch.

And who's job is it to make sure that shit doesn't happen?

I'm 100% ready to try Zim as head coach.

If he fails, so what.  How would it be any different?

Marvin must go.

i think it's a discussion mike should seriously take up with marvin. tell him how much you appreciate what he's done turning the franchise around from the basement. tell him there's DEFINITELY a need and a place for his services. but that the organization has to have a shake up given what's transpired. unlike other organizations, we want to retain you for all you've accomplished. we appreciate there were times when you chose to stay when you could have went elsewhere, and we still need you...just not in the same head coach capacity.

mike zimmer wants to be a head coach...has for years. offer him the job before someone else steals him and give him a chance to right the ship. he's deserved that.

if marv can swallow his pride and commit to the bigger team goal, so be it. if not, well he should understand. that's what happens in the NFL.

Chad Johnson is > AJ Green. At least Chad went full throttle the first 8 years of his career unlike AJ Green who seems to go half ass about the 1/4 of the time. And does AJ Green ever fight for a fucking ball. He talented but doesn't give it his all every time. I don't why he always gets a free pass from everyone

AJ got married.  Everything goes to shit for guys sometimes when that happens.

Only thing I can think of.

Chick Ludwig · 53 followers
2 minutes ago near Cincinnati, OH · 
  • Andy Dalton's three postseason game totals: 70 of 123 passing (56.9 percent) for 718 yards, ONE TOUCHDOWN and SIX INTERCEPTIONS. All caps means the author is screaming. Damn right I am. One TD in 123 passes. Ah, that's not good enough.

This game was not single handedly lost by Dalton. He's not without blame but to say it is completely his fault is ignorant and just repeating what what you hear from blow hards like Jaimie Dukes (did anyone even know him as a player), Marshall Faulk, and Shannon Sharpe.
I was actually impressed with Marvin this year when it came to game management and decision making.
How Jay Gruden has been mentioned for head coaching positions blows my mind. Either he can't scheme a play to get a receiver open or we need receivers that can get separation. Eifert was never used to maximize his talent.
Give me guys like Marvin Jones, Gio, and Gresham all day long. They fight for the ball and when they get it, they are fighting to make something happen.

Just stop.

Singled handedly lost by Dalton?!  Can Dalton play without an O-Line?  No.  And he virtually didn't have one today.

I laid a lot of blame on Andy over the course of the season, especially the last few weeks, and certainly today.  But that doesn't make me polarize into the position that he lost us the game.  He actually KEPT US IN THE GAME, in the first half, and then at some point just couldn't do it all and forced shit.  He shouldn't have forced, but his team was taking a collective shit all around him. 

He was one of 22 guys who didn't get the win, and today, I'm not sure I'd lay much more than 1/22nd of the blame on him. It's easy to do, because of the position he plays, but he's just a whipping post for those who don't see anything in the game but the good and play highlights - versus everything else that's happening on the field that's determing the game. 

It'd be like saying Rey Malauga had a great game LMFAO.  Get a clue.

I disagree, a good QB steps up and doesn't let a complete collapse happen, at least injects damage control...AD isn't good enough.

He obviously didn't play well enough. Are we just going to ignore the fact that the oline and the dline got dominated all game? Andy got hit HARD a bunch of times. The team wasn't ready. Andy didn't play well but I refuse to say it was all his fault.

I think this is down to coaching.  i don't know what it is, but I think (and always have), that Marvin doesn't know how to prepare a team for the big show.  Our best chance was the year the Steelers took out Palmer in the first playoff game.    Since then, the team has never played well as a unit to win out.  Many blamed Shayne for 2009, and he definitely didn't help, but those who are honest about it, know that the whole team and coaching staff choked hard that game and they were not playing well enough to keep going, even if they had pulled out a comeback.  I haven't seen any team during my years of watching that was one player/play away from taking it all with the exception of the Palmer injury year.  I truly believe that was the year we had it all.  But discipline may have bitten us in the ass even then.  We'll never know.  I think it will take a change before the Bengals will take it to the SB.

They  need a coach with more discipline, more game management skills, and....someone who doesn't throw the players under the bus and try to take the heat off the coaches.  I haven't paid attention this year, but I've seen enough "they were well prepared, but didn't execute"....

Anyway, I miss my time in the stands cheering for the orange an black and singing to "welcome to the jungle".  Great stadium and experience.  Haven't had the same since. 

I think this is down to coaching.  i don't know what it is, but I think (and always have), that Marvin doesn't know how to prepare a team for the big show.  Our best chance was the year the Steelers took out Palmer in the first playoff game.    Since then, the team has never played well as a unit to win out.  Many blamed Shayne for 2009, and he definitely didn't help, but those who are honest about it, know that the whole team and coaching staff choked hard that game and they were not playing well enough to keep going, even if they had pulled out a comeback.  I haven't seen any team during my years of watching that was one player/play away from taking it all with the exception of the Palmer injury year.  I truly believe that was the year we had it all.  But discipline may have bitten us in the ass even then.  We'll never know.  I think it will take a change before the Bengals will take it to the SB.

They  need a coach with more discipline, more game management skills, and....someone who doesn't throw the players under the bus and try to take the heat off the coaches.  I haven't paid attention this year, but I've seen enough "they were well prepared, but didn't execute"....

Anyway, I miss my time in the stands cheering for the orange an black and singing to "welcome to the jungle".  Great stadium and experience.  Haven't had the same since. 

nice post. it was good to see shayne go 3-3 yesterday and make that money kick at the end. i was rooting for him there and really happy for him! i said the same rant i used to say when he was our kicker, before he kicked it...SHAYNE-O-MATIC! let him know some of his former fans still root for his success! we're not all bitter.

Marvin has been around longer than Andy, and it was the same thing before andy

So much this.  Three different QB's, countless Coordinators and players, etc. etc. etc. and yet the same result.  A team with lots of talent that doesn't show up come crunch time.  That's not Andy's fault.

Well if you see your "Star Player" not making plays all over the field, does that mean that it's their fault? Are they suddenly not "stars."  Or is something else going on?  It's like an infection, and it spreads.  Time to cut out the rot and hope we can heal.

Archived