!!!THE CHARGERS @ BENGALS WILDCARD GAME THREAD!!!

Singled handedly lost by Dalton?!  Can Dalton play without an O-Line?  No.  And he virtually didn't have one today.

I laid a lot of blame on Andy over the course of the season, especially the last few weeks, and certainly today.  But that doesn't make me polarize into the position that he lost us the game.  He actually KEPT US IN THE GAME, in the first half, and then at some point just couldn't do it all and forced shit.  He shouldn't have forced, but his team was taking a collective shit all around him. 

He was one of 22 guys who didn't get the win, and today, I'm not sure I'd lay much more than 1/22nd of the blame on him. It's easy to do, because of the position he plays, but he's just a whipping post for those who don't see anything in the game but the good and play highlights - versus everything else that's happening on the field that's determing the game. 

It'd be like saying Rey Malauga had a great game LMFAO.  Get a clue.

Can Dalton hold on to the ball when he is trying to run for a first down?

Can Dalton make better decisions on where he is throwing it? 

Yes he was pressured all day but on both throws he had time he just made a bad decision trying to force it.

You cant win a football game if your QB is making turnovers, so yes single-handedly

You are wrong about him. He is Tony Romo, Accept it.

Oh the Oline was bad too, but the fumble was entirely his fault, the 2 Ints both on him, bad decisions on both throws.

But that shit doesn't exist in a vacuum.  ANY QB in the league gets hit and presssured the way Dalton did and he gets rattled.  But go on, lay your blame for the team wide bed shitting on the QB.

Chad Johnson is > AJ Green. At least Chad went full throttle the first 8 years of his career unlike AJ Green who seems to go half ass about the 1/4 of the time. And does AJ Green ever fight for a fucking ball. He talented but doesn't give it his all every time. I don't why he always gets a free pass from everyone

Chad in his prime shits all over AJ. Seriously. At least Chad got emotional and looked like he cared. AJ doesnt seem to give a FUCK at least half of the time. It seems like he's just fucking going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him just straight up go to FA after his contract is up. Why the fuck would I stay here with goddamn Andy Dalton throwing me the ball and Marvin Clueless leading the team? Especially if I can make more money elsewhere? lmao. fuck this team.

But that shit doesn't exist in a vacuum.  ANY QB in the league gets hit and presssured the way Dalton did and he gets rattled.  But go on, lay your blame for the team wide bed shitting on the QB.

Nobody touched him on that fumble.

Nobody was close to him on those INTs.

No, none of the team outside of a few guys played well, but you win and lose in the playoffs based on turnovers. This was entirely his fault.

AJ has a "I'm double covered so I'm going to jog this route out" attitude. His play down the sideline, when they showed the replay was jogging until he realized it was coming to him and then he starts to sprint. When the ball got here, where were his hands? Down at his waist. Go get it!! It's the 4th quarter and your down. You and Andy beat the corner, it was a god ball and the safety barely swipes it out of your hands trying to basket catch it in your stomach!
Ike Taylor, And Joe Haden have shut you down twice each this year. He needs to be held accountable also!

Andy Dalton looked rattled all day. Why not roll him out and give him time? He is completely average and horribly erratic in his play but we want to put him in a situation to play well.

He had some really nice throws. Gresham TD. 49 yarder to MJ. AJ drop. A nice fake and then dump to Gio. He got hit HARD A LOT and was slow to get up a few times. He's shitty under lots of pressure and sadly we put him in that situation constantly.

This game was not single handedly lost by Dalton. He's not without blame but to say it is completely his fault is ignorant and just repeating what what you hear from blow hards like Jaimie Dukes (did anyone even know him as a player), Marshall Faulk, and Shannon Sharpe.
I was actually impressed with Marvin this year when it came to game management and decision making.
How Jay Gruden has been mentioned for head coaching positions blows my mind. Either he can't scheme a play to get a receiver open or we need receivers that can get separation. Eifert was never used to maximize his talent.
Give me guys like Marvin Jones, Gio, and Gresham all day long. They fight for the ball and when they get it, they are fighting to make something happen.

Yup yup and yup.

No, none of the team outside of a few guys played well, but you win and lose in the playoffs based on turnovers. This was entirely his fault.

Why don't you just keep repeating the same thing over and over again.  Oh wait, you work in politics, don't you?

Did you even watch the game? One Int he had guys right in front of him. He should have thrown it away but it wasn't clean. The fumble sucks but he was trying to make a play. Otherwise he would have had to throw it away again because of endless pressure.

Andy is to blame for losing but he's not the only one.

AJ needs to fight for a ball! He has not pulled a ball away from anyone all year. He has had three or four chances today.
O-line didn't show up at all. Dalton's fumble comes on a 3rd and long as he is running for his life for a third consecutive play. 1st INT thrown falling backwards on 3rd and long as the entire Chargers Defensive line is behind our line
2nd INT was all Dalton

it's way past time to address this.

every god damned member of this OL was banged up this week and not practicing due to ankle injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries and the like. they were so banged up last week they couldn't hardly field a unit, by the end of the game. that doesn't just magically go away.  i really feel like they did all they could under extremely difficult situations. the bye week that we didn't get was absolutely a major event. we needed it!

Well if you see your "Star Player" not making plays all over the field, does that mean that it's their fault? Are they suddenly not "stars."  Or is something else going on?  It's like an infection, and it spreads.  Time to cut out the rot and hope we can heal.

I see it different. Hes changed the culture to where now we expect more than the dark ages. We don't have the quarterback to take us to the next level. Dalton's ship has sailed. Sorry to have to say that, but that's how I see it

AJ has a "I'm double covered so I'm going to jog this route out" attitude. His play down the sideline, when they showed the replay was jogging until he realized it was coming to him and then he starts to sprint. When the ball got here, where were his hands? Down at his waist. Go get it!! It's the 4th quarter and your down. You and Andy beat the corner, it was a god ball and the safety barely swipes it out of your hands trying to basket catch it in your stomach!
Ike Taylor, And Joe Haden have shut you down twice each this year. He needs to be held accountable also!

I noticed too. He takes plays off.

Even Sims said he needed to go up and get it. Just lazy at a time when that catch gets us to within 3 with 6 minutes left. Unforgivable

Can Dalton hold on to the ball when he is trying to run for a first down?

Can Dalton make better decisions on where he is throwing it? 

Yes he was pressured all day but on both throws he had time he just made a bad decision trying to force it.

You cant win a football game if your QB is making turnovers, so yes single-handedly

You are wrong about him. He is Tony Romo, Accept it.

I've got no problems with Tony Romo.  If he's Tony Romo with the talent we have on this team we should win numerous SuperBowls.  But it's the TEAM, with all of it's talent, that keeps coming out flat in these situations. 

The Defense got manhandled today.

Dalton drove the ball down the field (150 yards) with ease in the first half.  Gio's fumble was a gut shot.  AD drives the team for another improbably FG before the half.  Couldn't ask for more from him.

And then we came out in the second half and made a bunch of dumb playcalls on offense and you could just watch the air drain right out of the whole team.  No adjustments fixed the pressure, and we still couldn't stop their offense enough.  And head's starting dropping. 

These guys have been mind-fucked, and Marvin simply can't get them out of it.  I like Marvin, but sadly that's a situation when you have to make a change for the best of the long-term future of the team.

Did you even watch the game? One Int he had guys right in front of him. He should have thrown it away but it wasn't clean. The fumble sucks but he was trying to make a play. Otherwise he would have had to throw it away again because of endless pressure.

Andy is to blame for losing but he's not the only one.

Did you? His pocket was clean on both throws, he had guys coming in but had time to make better decisions on both. 

Some of you have been determined to defend him at all costs for weeks. There is no defending him anymore.

Oh fucking definitely. I saw it multiple times JUST THIS GAME. He doesn't give a fuck out there when he's double covered. Its way worse than how Chad used to act on running plays. AJ just fucking gives up. I'm tired of it and I"m tired of his overrated ass coasting

Did you? His pocket was clean on both throws, he had guys coming in but had time to make better decisions on both. 

Some of you have been determined to defend him at all costs for weeks. There is no defending him anymore.

His pocket was not clean on the first pick at all. The INT itself is definitely on AD, but it was like third or fourth consecutive passing play where the oline collapsed.

Oline played ok in the first half and in the 4th quarter, but in the third quarter they completely fell apart and that in turn cause dalton to try to do too much and that is never a good thing for AD. 

Still cant throw those picks though...

I've got no problems with Tony Romo.  If he's Tony Romo with the talent we have on this team we should win numerous SuperBowls.  But it's the TEAM, with all of it's talent, that keeps coming out flat in these situations. 

The Defense got manhandled today.

Dalton drove the ball down the field (150 yards) with ease in the first half.  Gio's fumble was a gut shot.  AD drives the team for another improbably FG before the half.  Couldn't ask for more from him.

And then we came out in the second half and made a bunch of dumb playcalls on offense and you could just watch the air drain right out of the whole team.  No adjustments fixed the pressure, and we still couldn't stop their offense enough.  And head's starting dropping. 

These guys have been mind-fucked, and Marvin simply can't get them out of it.  I like Marvin, but sadly that's a situation when you have to make a change for the best of the long-term future of the team.

The defense held them to 3 twice with a short field after turnovers caused by Dalton. They werent dominate like they usually are, but they didnt lose this game.

Gio's fumble while hurt was just a good play by them, Gio was in transition to tuck it and their guy got to it before he could. Not Gio's fault.

Turnovers lose ball games, it really is that simple, and we lost because of Dalton's turnovers.

Dense.

yes you are

Why dont you take the damn blinders off.

They aren't blinders.  If Dalton was getting time, or his team was playing up to its ability through out the game, or it's "Star" receiver wasn't half-assing - repeatedly, then I'd gladly say Dalton is the major problem.  He's definitely still got issues he has to clean up. 

But to lay this loss at his feet is laughable.  Who knows, maybe the answer for this team lies with Andy Dalton becoming the fire-y leader that Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden aint.  Otherwise, morons like you are going to keep blaming him for the shitty effort of the other 20 guys he plays with.

Archived