7 round mock draft(s) *Updated 4/14*

Ha.....what's funny though is that in all my Dalton criticism, I've never suggested to start someone else or to even get rid of Dalton at this time, because it's not the smart thing to do.   I just don't think it's a good idea to sign him to a big money extension right now.  

But the frothing mouths who make funny posts after murdering their pets due to Dalton criticism are too amusing to actually correct......it provides me great entertainment so I let it go......I think people take this internet forum and football in general, a little too seriously.   

I like Mettenburger also.....more than Murray.   I like Savage also.  

I REALLY like Colvin, the CB from Oklahoma...if he's truly healthy.   Think he could be a good NFL player. 

FWIW, on an OU board that I frequent, we have a poster who's been involved w/ the combine the last several years, & the scuttlebutt he heard on Colvin when he was there this year was that despite the injury, he's still a 3rd-4th round pick in all probability (would've been late 1st early 2nd had the knee not happened). I notice on the Kiper thread, he's got him going to Philly in the 3rd as well.

FWIW, on an OU board that I frequent, we have a poster who's been involved w/ the combine the last several years, & the scuttlebutt he heard on Colvin when he was there this year was that despite the injury, he's still a 3rd-4th round pick in all probability (would've been late 1st early 2nd had the knee not happened). I notice on the Kiper thread, he's got him going to Philly in the 3rd as well.

I noticed that as well in the Kiper mock.....I wouldn't be surprised if he goes that high....he's really good from what I saw.  

I doubt they draft 3 corners, but id be happy with Verrett and Murray in the 1st and 3rd.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2016211-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-updated-7-round-predictions/page/25

1. Jason Verrett CB TCU
2. Carl Bradford LB Arizona St.
3. Aaron Murray QB Georgia
4. Robert Herron WR Wyoming
5. Jon Halapoi OG Florida
6a. Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
6b. Taylor Hart DE Oregon
7a. Corey Linsley C Ohio St.
7b. Carrington Byndom CB Texas

Gotta do better than this.

I'm all for CBs but 3? Too high for Murray in 3rd. Should be better QB options.

Gotta do better than this.

I'm all for CBs but 3? Too high for Murray in 3rd. Should be better QB options.

The one pick I really don't like is the LB in round 2. 

The 3 CBs is a little bit of overkill, but when you look at who they are it makes sense. The 2nd CB, Colvin, is going to end up on IR. So he's basically just a stash for 2015 and beyond. And the 3rd CB is with a 7th round comp pick that is one of the last picks of the draft, so it doesn't really matter.

Colvin could be a smart pick for the Bengals. I actually don't think we have a huge need at CB in 2014 as I like our top 4 guys and Manning can play nickel CB if we are hit with some injuries. It's 2015 and beyond where we definitely have a big need at CB. If you can get Colvin in the late 3rd or 4th round, it's almost like trading for a 1st or 2nd rounder next year.

If we double up in the middle and/or late rounds on CB, Colvin would be a really good pick.

yea I'd be happy with Verrett (though like others more), Colvin, Murray and Halapoi, but the lack of an OT is really errant IMO.

And while its not a definite, if you read between the lines of Hobson's comments, they're taking a RB at some point (and Hobson has repeatedly suggested "early")

All evidence is they were looking to take a RB in 2012 too, but they refused to budge from BPA and targeted RBs got taken right before the Bengals pick. It has worked out that way with safeties too, so that they either didn't draft one at all or took one later than they would have preferred.

All evidence is they were looking to take a RB in 2012 too, but they refused to budge from BPA and targeted RBs got taken right before the Bengals pick. It has worked out that way with safeties too, so that they either didn't draft one at all or took one later than they would have preferred.

oh yea, its no slam dunk.  You never know how the board will end up falling.  It just certainly seems like RB is high up on their wish list.

If we double up in the middle and/or late rounds on CB, Colvin would be a really good pick.

the only problem with that mindset is this, there are probably 31 other teams stacked with that very same knowledge. it's a crap shoot that we'd be so lucky to get a guy like that...a guy we could stash with all that potential.

Matt Miller 4/4 Mock:
I doubt they draft 3 corners, but id be happy with Verrett and Murray in the 1st and 3rd.http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2016211-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-updated-7-round-predictions/page/25
1. Jason Verrett CB TCU
2. Carl Bradford LB Arizona St.
3. Aaron Murray QB Georgia
4. Robert Herron WR Wyoming
5. Jon Halapoi OG Florida
6a. Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
6b. Taylor Hart DE Oregon
7a. Corey Linsley C Ohio St.
7b. Carrington Byndom CB Texas

Draftek 4/2 Mock:
Solid draft here. I would rather see Verrett in round 1 (no CB in round 3). I would be very happy with Williams in the 4th.

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

1. Dee Ford OLB Auburn
2. Scott Crichton DE Oregon St.
3. Jalen Watkins CB Florida
4. Andre Williams RB Boston College
5. James Hurst LT North Carolina
6a. George Uko DT USC
6b. Josh Brown WR Pittsburgh St.
7a. Garrett Gilbert QB SMU
7b. Jemea Thomas CB Ga. Tech.

Draftsite (date unknown) Mock:
Im not really crazy about this mock at all. Not a fan of Roby at 24 would rather have Verrett here. This site had Green and Dalton picked in 2011 months before the draft so I keep an eye on this site throughout the offseason 

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

1. Bradley Roby CB OSU
2. Juwan James OT Tennessee
3. Dion Bailey S USC
4. Victor Hampton CB South Carolina
5. Mike Davis WR Texas
6a. Kenarious Gates OT Georgia
6b. Glenn Carson LB Penn St.
7a. Isiah Crowell RB Alabama St.
7b. Justin Ellis DT Louisiana Tech

I actually kinda like that draft site mock. I'm fine with Roby and think he is re-emerging as one of the top 3 or 4 CBs. Love OT/OG in the 2nd and James seems like a solid option. 2 more DBs in round 3 and 4 is overkill, but we'd also be setup at DB for a long time and get a huge injection of youth. Also like having multiple young guys come in the same year and compete with each other.

The 7th round RB Crowell is one of my favorites and I think he is going to be the Vontaze Burfict of this draft class. I also like the WR Davis as I think the whole Texas offense looked worse than their true talent levels due to crap coaching. He'd be a 2nd or 3rd rounder if he played in an inventive offense with a good QB.

Archived