Guns in America

MichaelWeston

57 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I find it hilarious that you act like you're middle of the road "not towing a party line, don't partake in foolishness",

then go on and on from a party line and foolishness.

Anyway. Without trying to degrade like you did, I'll respond. 

It's the first time in all of the mass shootings that the victims are more famous than the fucking killer.

These kids stood up on their own. They weren't propped up by anyone. 

Do you really think the NRA was able to contribute $30 million to the Trump campaign alone from having 5 million members?

You think they are spending all of that money lobbying politicians because they just want to see them get elected?

You need proof that they are funded by gun manufacturers? Then google it. If you notice, every fucking stance they

take is to sell more guns. Hell, a member here posted a picture in this thread a while ago and they had a banner at 

one of their rallies that basically said if you let them take away one thing, they'll come for everything.

Kyle Kashvu has met with Trump and the first lady. And is being "puppeted" by the Right, constantly. 

Google him. Go to his twitter. 

Why debate their stances? Why should they have to say anything other than they don't ever want to see another

school shot up again with such ease?  They're no different than during the civil rights movement or during the

protests of the Vietnam war. They want change. There is nothing to debate. They want their voices heard and they

want positive change that moves this country forward in this regard.

Some would argue that Sandy Hook should have been the turning point. But since Sandy Hook, we've had the worst shooting 

in modern history (Vegas, 58 dead over 500 injured) the worst mass shooting in Texas' history (Sulphur Springs church)

the second worst shooting in modern history (Pulse night club) and the worst high school shooting in our history.

And those are just the ones that have had a lot of coverage and attention.

You see, it might be different if we were only limited to school shootings. 

Well Trump and the Republicans who have only offered Thoughts and Prayers and always talk about how "now" is not 

the time after every mass shooting, and biding time until it blew over, are part of what's driven it. But again, this is the

first time victims and those that were there stood up and raised their voices. 

I understand why the staunchest supporters of the 2nd amendment feel the way they do.

I understand some people like to hunt, want self protection or just like to shoot and/or collect guns.

I'm related and have a lot of friends who are those people. 

We have already established long ago that some people don't have the right.

I for one would like to see things change where it is not just a right, but a right that comes with 

huge responsibility. With great power comes great responsibility. Right now, all it really takes 

is the money and desire and boom, you're an instant killing machine. 

You're talking from a stance of total gun ban. Plus, you're also talking about needing your guns 

in case you need to go to war with the United States government. Most of the biggest supporters

of the 2nd amendment are also for having the biggest, most powerful military the world has ever seen.

Talk about not making much sense. Also, the true definition of treason is taking up arms against the

government. I don't know of too many people that think of the Confederates as "patriots" or

"freedom fighters". Anyway. I can only speak from my point of view. I'm not for disarming everyone.

I am for everyone that is armed to prove they are worthy, carry insurance and make gun sales more

like automobile sales. I'm also for making gun owners more like people that operate vehicles with, annual training,

licensing with renewals periodically and fines and other in some cases heavy punishments for "breaking the law".

I don't think all defenders of the 2a are advocating death and killing of children. I think they could be more 

willing to be  inconvenienced for the greater good of society and quit acting like because some people aren't

worthy, that is infringing on their rights. It's an individual right, it's not pie. 

Yeah.You totally seem to be right down the middle with your thoughts. 

No side at all. 

Again. No one is talking about taking YOUR right away. But my fucking god you would have to be

thick headed as fuck to see think there is no problem and the only answer as all or nothing. 

Cars and alcohol serve more purposes than guns. Guns sole purpose are to kill with little or no skill or effort.

The next time some one takes a car or a bottle of alcohol and murders people at concerts, churches, schools

and every day mundane places, it will be the first time. 

Cigarettes are a personal thing. It's not what you do to yourself that makes you a bad person.

It what you do to others. Again, no one is murdering people with cigarettes at every day mundane places.

That Daily Caller is right wing as fuck and was founded by Tucker Carlson. Really? You insult people and then

post shit like that? No other fucking comment on that shit.

The other video is dumb too. I do not need to know the chemical makeup of cancer cells to know

that it sucks and kills people.  A legislator is a person we send to government to figure out debate and 

enact laws. People are the ones that vote, protest and let them know it's time to act. 

Also, you sure seemed to go to the far left point to how the Left is and argue your points.

And you seemed to respond in a more far Right tone. Especially with the Daily Caller. SMFH at that one.

Just so you know, I held pretty Conservative views for pretty much my entire life.

And even though I have always voted as an Independent, over the past decade I have moved

more towards Liberal views across the board. But one thing that has consistently held true through out my adult 

life has been my view towards guns. but I do not consider myself far Left on the matter at all.

Haaaaaa.... I knew it'd be you. Much of what you said is typical liberal response in your complete dismissal of that which doesn't align with you and reverting right back to the "if you're not left you must be right".

First off, when I said I am unaligned to either side, it was in reference to overall political ideals/philosophy; not about this particular subject matter. If I HAD to "categorize": I'd say I lean towards the libertarian point of view, but have my differences in view from that political philosophy as well. You know, because I'm simply being more critical of the Left side doesn't make me in favor of the Right, but thanks for exhibiting an example of that perpetual paradigm and narrow train of thought. Apologies for not criticizing the Right enough - to demonstrate my disdain for both sides - to your standard. It might come to a shock to your binary point of view, but there's likely liberals who are more so "pro-gun" and conservatives out there who advocate for tighter control. So while my stance might align more with one side than the other, it doesn't necessarily make me "left-sided". Again, I might see where that could confuse you seeing as though you proudly champion the mantra of "If you don't agree with me, you're wrong".

Anyway, perhaps it was my mistake in not stating that the bits that I posted don't necessarily reflect my endorsement of said sources, but were rather there as a counter-point to the echo chamber postings of yours in the last few pages. Additionally, I hardly consider your take of "that video is dumb", "shit.. fuck ...shit" to be anything of a substance other than what I already mentioned - just typical liberal finger-in-the-ears, "I'm not listening" attitude. Quite honestly, I am unaware on most accounts of what is known to be Right or Left leaning outside of the universally-known, mainstream garbage (which brings up a whole different discussion about the state of "news" and how we must attempt to sift through all the bullshit in media to find the truth - it's nearly impossible); however, I'm well aware of the narrative the video was trying to create... but they were in fact words coming straight from people's mouths and words of which were logically flawed so what's so "bullshit" about it?

That Daily Caller is right wing as fuck and was founded by Tucker Carlson. Really? You insult people and then

It demonstrates that there are indeed people advocating against guns, in favor of more extreme measures than mere "stricter control" and spew the same flawed logic that gets regurgitated elsewhere. What exactly is your issue with it besides the source itself? Also, where was I insulting anyone?

The other video is dumb too.

Dumb, why? That's all you have? Demonstrating deflection... It was a video of one's anti-gun opinions (repeated ad naseam throughout all other anti-gun arguments) and a respective retort. Side note: One aspect I didn't agree with was Justin's response regarding minorities and self defense... the answer just seemed to pander to the self-righteousness surrounding "people of color". Just didn't make sense to me, but that's just me. But again, it demonstrates the fallacy in people's arguments from the Left.

"Why debate their stances? Why should they have to say anything other than they don't ever want to see another

school shot up again with such ease?"
"Wait are people really suggesting kids are being used and cant think for themselves?"

Yeah! Why should someone have to backup their stance with sound logic and reasoning? We'll just keep applauding unsubstantiated speeches from a 17 year-old so long as it elicits an emotional response out of people that coincides with the agenda being churned out by the media. No one wants to see another school shooting. At all. But when you open yourself to the national spotlight like these select children have, and express your opinions that are blatantly derived in irrationality, you're going to fairly take on harsh criticism. Again, being survivors of a tragedy does not make them immune to scrutiny with regards to where they are placing the blame. It's been reported and discussed already that no one acted upon the warnings surrounding this Cruz kid. Established protocols were supposedly taken in an attempt to prevent this kid from doing what people thought he might do and they failed. It is rationally irresponsible to place blame solely on the existence of guns and the NRA, but yet that's the narrative these kids are pushing. The dangerous part of it is not that they simply have these opinions, but how this message is being portrayed. Nothing I said was to imply these kids have NO thought of their own, but it is quite obvious that modern media, through the plethora of outlets that technology now provides, instills ideas and thought into people. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. - people have their faces in this shit all day every day and these ideas from one side of the political spectrum or the other continually drone on into the heads of whoever is listening. Of course liberal-minded people follow sources that align with their thoughts and vice-versa... it's brainwashing in sense. To tell me that impressionable kids being exposed on the national stage aren't in some way being coerced through means of the positive reinforcement for the things they say... I'd say you are naive. This Hogg kid? His head is growing by the day with the praise he's receiving. Their intentions may be pure, and by all means they have the right to have their say, but it's being derived from drastic misinformation. It is concerning from the stance that people are treating these kids' stance as gospel. "YOU DARE NOT DISAGREE WITH THE CHILDREN!"

"Kyle Kashvu has met with Trump and the first lady. And is being "puppeted" by the Right, constantly. Google him. Go to his twitter."
Ah, yes that's the kid. I ended up seeing some videos pop up along the side on YouTube. Of course it'd be Fox News exposing the kid, which totally plays in-line with the media bias. But I like how dismissive you were on the notion that the other kids were thinking for themselves and not being influenced but you concede to the thought of this kid being "puppeted" by the Right (which is true). As I've said, these kids are being used as a ploy because they present the perfect opportunity to convey a message with near-impunity. The Left media seems so much more exposed though; Fox News and the like have become a joke to people in part because of the joke of a political party they so clearly align themselves with. That's why David Hogg is being seen as the face of this debate and you hardly see anything about this kid (in comparison).

"Some would argue that Sandy Hook should have been the turning point. But since Sandy Hook, we've had the worst shooting 

in modern history (Vegas, 58 dead over 500 injured) the worst mass shooting in Texas' history (Sulphur Springs church)

the second worst shooting in modern history (Pulse night club) and the worst high school shooting in our history.

You see, it might be different if we were only limited to school shootings."
Yeah. All of this recent too. I ask genuinely - What do you think has changed? Access to guns hasn't changed. The Federal AWB of 1994 expired in 2004, but had no affect on criminal activity and murder. Between then, the Columbine shooting was carried out using handguns.

[Not able to finish response at the moment. Need to get my ass in gear for some Holiday running around... bleh. Perhaps I'll finish later]

1 hour ago, Jrod said:

Haaaaaa.... I knew it'd be you. Much of what you said is typical liberal response in your complete dismissal of that which doesn't align with you and reverting right back to the "if you're not left you must be right".  

First off, when I said I am unaligned to either side, it was in reference to overall political ideals/philosophy; not about this particular subject matter. If I HAD to "categorize": I'd say I lean towards the libertarian point of view, but have my differences in view from that political philosophy as well. You know, because I'm simply being more critical of the Left side doesn't make me in favor of the Right, but thanks for exhibiting an example of that perpetual paradigm and narrow train of thought. Apologies for not criticizing the Right enough - to demonstrate my disdain for both sides - to your standard. It might come to a shock to your binary point of view, but there's likely liberals who are more so "pro-gun" and conservatives out there who advocate for tighter control. So while my stance might align more with one side than the other, it doesn't necessarily make me "left-sided". Again, I might see where that could confuse you seeing as though you proudly champion the mantra of "If you don't agree with me, you're wrong".

Yeah I made a thread saying how I would actually like to discuss topics with people with different opinions than mine.

I'm not trying to win a debate. I could care less about winning a debate. I want to see our fractured society try

and be pieced back together. And you are the one that started off by taking about the Left and blah blah

and then came from a totally Right talking point. Just thought I would point that out to you since you

didn't seem aware of your own leanings.   

I'm not dismissing anything. Other than that totally far Right Daily caller that delves in to conspiracy shit.

if you want to meet in the middle. It is best not to come from the far Right. Because then EVERYTHING

is coming from the Left. Liberal and Conservative are different than Left and Right. At least to me they are.

I will try and sift through the snark. And "dismiss it" as to not get in to a pissing contest. 

That is absolutely the last thing I want.

Anyway, perhaps it was my mistake in not stating that the bits that I posted don't necessarily reflect my endorsement of said sources, but were rather there as a counter-point to the echo chamber postings of yours in the last few pages. Additionally, I hardly consider your take of "that video is dumb", "shit.. fuck ...shit" to be anything of a substance other than what I already mentioned - just typical liberal finger-in-the-ears, "I'm not listening" attitude. Quite honestly, I am unaware on most accounts of what is known to be Right or Left leaning outside of the universally-known, mainstream garbage (which brings up a whole different discussion about the state of "news" and how we must attempt to sift through all the bullshit in media to find the truth - it's nearly impossible); however, I'm well aware of the narrative the video was trying to create... but they were in fact words coming straight from people's mouths and words of which were logically flawed so what's so "bullshit" about it?

It demonstrates that there are indeed people advocating against guns, in favor of more extreme measures than mere "stricter control" and spew the same flawed logic that gets regurgitated elsewhere. What exactly is your issue with it besides the source itself? Also, where was I insulting anyone?

How would you like it if I posted all of the photo shopped pictures of those kids tearing up the Constitution

or all of the conspiracy bullshit about "crisis actors" and host of fringe views and said typical Conservative view points?

I nor anyone else I have seen posting in this thread are taking the position of banning all guns,

repealing the 2nd amendment or anything close to resembling that. So why even talk about that angle?

"Why debate their stances? Why should they have to say anything other than they don't ever want to see another

school shot up again with such ease?"
"Wait are people really suggesting kids are being used and cant think for themselves?"

Yeah! Why should someone have to backup their stance with sound logic and reasoning? We'll just keep applauding unsubstantiated speeches from a 17 year-old so long as it elicits an emotional response out of people that coincides with the agenda being churned out by the media. No one wants to see another school shooting. At all. But when you open yourself to the national spotlight like these select children have, and express your opinions that are blatantly derived in irrationality, you're going to fairly take on harsh criticism. Again, being survivors of a tragedy does not make them immune to scrutiny with regards to where they are placing the blame. It's been reported and discussed already that no one acted upon the warnings surrounding this Cruz kid. Established protocols were supposedly taken in an attempt to prevent this kid from doing what people thought he might do and they failed. It is rationally irresponsible to place blame solely on the existence of guns and the NRA, but yet that's the narrative these kids are pushing. The dangerous part of it is not that they simply have these opinions, but how this message is being portrayed. Nothing I said was to imply these kids have NO thought of their own, but it is quite obvious that modern media, through the plethora of outlets that technology now provides, instills ideas and thought into people. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. - people have their faces in this shit all day every day and these ideas from one side of the political spectrum or the other continually drone on into the heads of whoever is listening. Of course liberal-minded people follow sources that align with their thoughts and vice-versa... it's brainwashing in sense. To tell me that impressionable kids being exposed on the national stage aren't in some way being coerced through means of the positive reinforcement for the things they say... I'd say you are naive. This Hogg kid? His head is growing by the day with the praise he's receiving. Their intentions may be pure, and by all means they have the right to have their say, but it's being derived from drastic misinformation. It is concerning from the stance that people are treating these kids' stance as gospel. "YOU DARE NOT DISAGREE WITH THE CHILDREN!"

Sound logic and reasoning is we have a very unique problem in America where people are being murdered in everyday, mundane places.

How is that irrational? And you're shining a microscope on this shooting and acting like it's the only one. There was a shooting in Benton, Ky

just prior to this one. There was a shooting in Lake Mills Maryland just after this one. There have been other mass shootings at places other

than schools. So maybe you should focus on what is being actually said instead OMFG the MMS and Liberal agenda is the driving force here.

"Kyle Kashvu has met with Trump and the first lady. And is being "puppeted" by the Right, constantly. Google him. Go to his twitter."
Ah, yes that's the kid. I ended up seeing some videos pop up along the side on YouTube. Of course it'd be Fox News exposing the kid, which totally plays in-line with the media bias. But I like how dismissive you were on the notion that the other kids were thinking for themselves and not being influenced but you concede to the thought of this kid being "puppeted" by the Right (which is true). As I've said, these kids are being used as a ploy because they present the perfect opportunity to convey a message with near-impunity. The Left media seems so much more exposed though; Fox News and the like have become a joke to people in part because of the joke of a political party they so clearly align themselves with. That's why David Hogg is being seen as the face of this debate and you hardly see anything about this kid (in comparison).

In case you didn't realize, I said that because of how dismissive you are of the other kids because of their Liberal stance ect.

I want every kid, whether they were there or not, whether they have been impacted personally or not, whether they 

share my views or not speaking out. People their age were the driving forces behind the civil right movement and 

the Vietnam war. They are forcing the politicians and public to talk about this on a consistent basis. I do not share 

Kyle Kashvu's opinions. But I applaud him for forcing the issue of guns to be talked about consistently, until there

is positive change.

"Some would argue that Sandy Hook should have been the turning point. But since Sandy Hook, we've had the worst shooting 

You see, it might be different if we were only limited to school shootings."
Yeah. All of this recent too. I ask genuinely - What do you think has changed? Access to guns hasn't changed. The Federal AWB of 1994 expired in 2004, but had no affect on criminal activity and murder. Between then, the Columbine shooting was carried out using handguns.

[Not able to finish response at the moment. Need to get my ass in gear for some Holiday running around... bleh. Perhaps I'll finish later]

I think the think the biggest catalyst was Columbine and has been copy catted since by lone wolves rather than partners.

I realize Columbine was not the first school shooting. I just think it was the most publicized and even in some cases romanticized.

AR-15s and the like make it easier for 1 to do as much damage as 2. 

I think the shifting of our economy and both parents working, kids left alone and not nurtured like before and just

how our society has changed overall has had an impact. They were truly simpler times. But we can't put all of

that back in a box. For one I don't see our Government making it so where the middle class can live off of just one 

parent working. And they sure don't want to help single parents raise their kids with any kind of programs.

But those are other topics completely.

I do not think more guns is the answer. I just don't.

I don't think turning every day places in to fortresses is the answer. Sure some security helps at special events

but going to school, church and clubs (which the Pulse had armed guards) are not special events. It's every day

shit. You can't turn every soft target in to hard targets. That is not a land of the free. And it still wouldn't stop

people that shouldn't guns, from obtaining them and going on a shooting spree. The majority of them aren't

worried about dying. They end up taking their own lives. We can't turn everywhere you go in to potential

war zones. Where bullets are flying from both directions. So what can we control, with a bigger more 

effective impact? Guns. The weapons themselves. 

I realize the only person that thinks exactly like me on all the views I have is me. I'm not so arrogant 

to actually think "agree with me or be wrong". Hell, when I put that line in my signature it was completely

about the Bengals, because that is all I discussed. And it was meant as a joke. 

I hope we and others can start to try and understand each other more from this point forward.

Happy Saturday to you and your family. 

This is over a week old, but worth a read. If you click on the date, you will see they have different essays

listed by different survivors from Columbine, Virginia Tech and Sandy Hook. 

But here is a direct link from Vice's site ...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/topic/voices-of-school-shooting-survivors

From the moral authority that brought you Wang Dang Sweet Poontang 

I actually like some of his music. The person? Nah

Plus didn't he do insane stuff to dodge the draft and keep from

serving his country in Vietnam? Great American right there, I tell ya.

An observation...

All the gun violence being posted has been happening for decades, why is it now so terrible that people are finally posting so much about it?

19 years since Columbine happened...

Guess they didn’t give a damn prior to Trump becoming president?

This shit ain’t new people... 

42 minutes ago, USN Bengal said:

An observation...

All the gun violence being posted has been happening for decades, why is it now so terrible that people are finally posting so much about it?

19 years since Columbine happened...

Guess they didn’t give a damn prior to Trump becoming president?

This shit ain’t new people... 

Except this thread was created in 2014.

It's been 5 years since Sandy Hook. 5 months since Vegas. Shit wasn't changing or ever going to change.

A lot of people are saying enough. It has nothing to do with Trump other than he was doing the same 

shit Republicans since Columbine and before. 

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

It's been 5 years since Sandy Hook. 5 months since Vegas. Shit wasn't changing or ever going to change.

A lot of people are saying enough. It has nothing to do with Trump other than he was doing the same 

This. 

I believe the word is Inflection Point.

16 hours ago, oldschooler said:

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This. 

I believe the word is Inflection Point.

IDGAF when the thread was started... because the entire thread has now turned into a hysteria laden fuck fest.

This thread is NOW at 40 pages... 20 of them have been in the last 2 MONTHS. The first 20 pages have many of us talking about the fact that we need to take action, and that something should've been done already. No presidents were flamed, there were some partisan things thrown out there... but NOTHING like there has been since February of this year.

Go back and actually look at the posts, and it's now turned into a anti-GOP, anti-conservative, and anti-Trump gang bang. The sad fucking fact is that the actions that everyone is screaming about today should've been taken in 1999 when Columbine occurred. 19 fucking years later and DUMBASSES are blaming this shit on just one party, one "class" (see conservative) of people, and that is a fucking joke.

Every single damn president, congressman, senator, and SCOTUS... along with every damn American citizen, is to blame for this shit being what it is today.

Yes, there are those at the top of the pillar like the NRA who need to be brought down, but this disgusting display happening today with all the finger pointing is bullshit.

There is not one single accountable entity that should be blamed... it is everyone who has NOT taken action for over 2 fucking decades that is at fault.

Enough of the scorching rhetoric that makes anyone non-liberal be labeled as Satan... scorch every fucking person that has stood by and done nothing since at least Columbine.

GOP, DNC, SCOTUS... all fucking guilty for not protecting our children... whether it be gun control, guards and metal detectors for schools, mental health rebuilding and reporting, law enforecement agencies not doing their jobs etc... NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE AND EVEN THE SMALL AMOUNT THAT HAS BEEN HAS NOT SAVED LIVES.

Yes, it should have been dealt with after Columbine, and then again after that and after that and after that for every single school shooting.

That's kind of the point, that it hasn't been dealt with that every single time all we offer is thoughts and prayers and no policy initiatives. That's why we are now at an inflection point. People have had enough. IDGAF who is in power to fix it, it just happens that the majority at this very moment when people have finally had enough, is the Republican party, but you can put as many Dems who keep voting along with the NRA right there with them as far as I am concerned.

Archived