Peter King blames Dalton

King acts like Dalton just wanders onto the field over Marvin's objections/influence. 

It's...weird.

Odder still, King never pauses to remind himself why Dalton wandered onto the field in the first place.

Carson Palmer's refusal to honor the terms of his contact forced the Bengals to fill the starting QB position on the flyy, without the benefit of long-term planning.

As a result it is Palmer, not Dalton, who deserves the lions share of blame for failures at the QB position during the Lewis era.

Palmer went 0-2 as a playoff starter before abandoning his role as franchise player and the circumstances surrounding the manner of his departure dictate he still receive a portion of blame for the playoff struggles of the current team.

Carson Palmer was the most selfish player to ever play for the Bengals.

Small wonder the Bengals head coach continues to support the player who replaced Palmer.

Palmer is to blame for Dalton playing like shit in the playoffs?    

Dalton defenders shovel a lot of shit just to avoid the reality that Dalton is marginal and he's not the high potential QB that they once hoped during his first few years.

Let's really blame Akili Smith.   Because here is the reality.    IF he would have fulfilled his NFL potential as the number 2 pick.    The Bengals wouldn't have had to sign Kitna, Ferotte, and eventually draft Palmer.    Then if they didn't draft Palmer he couldn't have quit on the Bengals then the Bengals wouldn't have drafted Dalton.

When you think about it, right now we should be planning for the eventual Akili retirement/replacement plan.  

Thanks a lot Akili Smith for losing those 6 playoff games. 

Scharm, I have ignored you for weeks now, but will step into your crazed world to ask directly - you do acknowledge that Andy Dalton is the QB of this team because Marvin Lewis wants him to be, right? 

I'm not done ignoring you.   So you'll have to wait for your answer.

:363:

Palmer is to blame for Dalton playing like shit in the playoffs?  

Dalton is responsible for his own play.

Palmer is responsible for Dalton being drafted by the Bengals.

Let's really blame Akili Smith.  

Akili Smith departed Cincy in an all too familiar but entirely conventional way.

Comparing the way Palmer refused to honor a contract with muliple years remaining to the way Akili Smith left is incredibly disingenuous and intellectually dishonest.

But you already knew that, right?

So, Scharm, no acknowledge that Dalton is Marvin's guy, selected by Marvin, contract extension approved by Marvin, no competition brought in and no real replacement option drafted per Marvin, and has developed (or, not developed) under Marvin and his staff's guidance?

That all of the yelling about Dalton really, at this point, is probably energy that ought to be directed at the coach?

okay.

So, Scharm, no acknowledge that Dalton is Marvin's guy, selected by Marvin, contract extension approved by Marvin, no competition brought in and no real replacement option drafted per Marvin, and has developed (or, not developed) under Marvin and his staff's guidance?

That all of the yelling about Dalton really, at this point, is probably energy that ought to be directed at the coach?

okay.

I think he's still ignoring you, but I don't think scharm is a Marvin supporter at all and he actually wants Marvin to be replaced.  

I on the other hand, am OK with Marvin, aside from his support of Dalton.  I think any head coach would say what he's been saying about his starting QB that there is no clear cut alternative for at the moment.   

Khat:

Thanks. I also don't think he necessarily is a Marv fan either, but was genuinely curious why, if that's the case, he seems to leap past Marvin to just Dalton on the endless attacks. Literally, if you want Dalton gone, it has to start with Marvin being gone. Absent that, it is much screaming into the wind.

Dalton is here, for better or worse, because Marvin wants him here. They had a shot to move on from Dalton last year (when I was asking for Bridgewater in the first and no extension for Dalton). Instead, they extended Dalton and didn't really bring anything close to viable competition much less a replacement for Dalton. Point is, Marvin isn't suffering Dalton, Marvin has CHOSEN Dalton. This isn't an accident, this is on purpose. 

I have been for a long, long time, calling for a new coach. I am not getting that. It isn't happening. Clearly. So, I will cross my fingers and hope that this time around Marvin has figured things out, and will hope similar things for his hand-picked QB. But screaming, endlessly, about Dalton, as if Dalton is this team's QB by happenstance, without acknowledging or discussing that it is at Marvin's clear behest that this is his hand-picked QB strikes me as bizarre. 

Archived