!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ BRONCOS GAME THREAD!!!

Shit, if you didn't come into this game expecting to get our ass whooped then I question your intelligence. 5th round quarterback starting his second game against the best defense in the league with a playoff bye week in the line? The first half absolutely blew my mind because it was the exact opposite of what I expected.

We can't put the blame on a damn kicker. Yes he sucks but after the miss Marvin Lewis stood on the sidelines like a fucking statue.   What great coaching is he doing.  I don't get it.  How many times and years are we going go thru this.   The Bucs were a perennial playoff team with Dungey after theyfired him Gruden won them the superbowl.  It's time for a change.  Unless we are satisfied losing in the first round every fucking Year.

what the Fuck is he supposed to do???? Make Nugent run laps around the stadium?? Do you ever watch other football games??

Players said before the game that this was a Playoff Game.  Sure looked like it...we fucking lost--AGAIN!

Fuck Nugent - his miss changed the momentum of the game

Fuck Hue for not continuing to be agressive with AJ the second half and coaching like a little bitch

Fuck Marvin for playing 'not to lose' instead of 'to win'

Fuck AJ Green for giving up on the long pass in the end zone and failing to block on screen plays

Fuck Huber for punting into the end zone instead of pinning them inside the 10 yard line

Fuck Tate (as usual) for being the WORST kick returner in the league

Fuck the stealers (on general principle)

i can hear it now if our playoff fortunes come down to nujent. Wide left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit, if you didn't come into this game expecting to get our ass whooped then I question your intelligence. 5th round quarterback starting his second game against the best defense in the league with a playoff bye week in the line? The first half absolutely blew my mind because it was the exact opposite of what I expected.

Yeah your right. It's just that certain individuals on this team. Cannot be counted on to perform in big moments. I cringe even when he kicks extra points

Players said before the game that this was a Playoff Game.  Sure looked like it...we fucking lost--AGAIN!

Fuck Nugent - his miss changed the momentum of the game

Fuck Hue for not continuing to be agressive with AJ the second half and coaching like a little bitch

Fuck Marvin for playing 'not to lose' instead of 'to win'

Fuck AJ Green for giving up on the long pass in the end zone and failing to block on screen plays

Fuck Huber for punting into the end zone instead of pinning them inside the 10 yard line

Fuck Tate (as usual) for being the WORST kick returner in the league

Fuck the stealers (on general principle)

took the words right off my keyboard 

It sucks, but there's a tiny silver lining to the loss.... Denver's win eliminates all but one of Pittsburgh's lifelines.  They ONLY get in now with a win and a Jets loss.  There was another Steeeler playoff scenario involving the Broncos that just got taken off the table.

And we can still be #2.  We don't even have to win.

SD ain't gonna beat Denver, though. 

Also, the ESPN Playoff Machine has us as the #2 seed, and that's not right.

We can't put the blame on a damn kicker. Yes he sucks but after the miss Marvin Lewis stood on the sidelines like a fucking statue.   What great coaching is he doing.  I don't get it.  How many times and years are we going go thru this.   The Bucs were a perennial playoff team with Dungey after theyfired him Gruden won them the superbowl.  It's time for a change.  Unless we are satisfied losing in the first round every fucking Year.

Yeah he's pretty much reached his ceiling.

We need to filter out these negative personal if the team had any hope of winning. This kickers a veteran. How dear you choke with our playoff hopes on the line. How many games has this clown cost us.

The problem with negativity is that it spreads faster than HIV at Charlie Sheen's house.

Look at Marvin after Nuge missed the kick. Stone faced. You KNOW deep down he expects it now. Marvin has bridesmaid syndrome. He keeps getting close but is never going to be on the big stage.

Short of Mikey selling/moving the team(never going to happen, have you seen that lease?!), getting rid of Marvin, and to a lesser extent Andy, the negativity is here to stay for a long long time.

The problem with negativity is that it spreads faster than HIV at Charlie Sheen's house.

Look at Marvin after Nuge missed the kick. Stone faced. You KNOW deep down he expects it now. Marvin has bridesmaid syndrome. He keeps getting close but is never going to be on the big stage.

Short of Mikey selling/moving the team(never going to happen, have you seen that lease?!), getting rid of Marvin, and to a lesser extent Andy, the negativity is here to stay for a long long time.

He expects it because he fails to release people to a fault. We all knew what Nugent was. Lewis finally saw it himself on that miss. That miss changed everything-everything

I feel bad for guys like green that will spend their career on teams that only brush the playoffs. Nugent just may have single handedly put this franchise back years in the psychological game

Not happy with the conservative playcalling in the third quarter, but you didn't expect the Bengals to dominate the game for 4 quarters did you?  They were going to face some adversity one way or another.  Nugent misses too much for my tastes, but to blame it all on him isn't right.  The Bengals had plenty of chances to score in the second half, but stunk up the joint on offense.

Yes I agree, but confidence was riding high at the time. Adrenaline was pumping. This team believed it could score every time it had the ball. Including making that three-pointer. The Broncos believed we would score every time we had the ball. We had them on their heels. Nugent stole that momentum. He's a bloody veteran. No excuse for that!

I'd rather lose in first round on the arm of AJ. Than on lack of mental toughness of Andy Dalton. Keep AJ in no matter what happens. He has more heart

Are you joking?  First of all, this kid came out of college concerned more about a reality TV career than his football career.  He also said he was the best QB in the draft.  Second, when he gets the job due to injury, in the matter of a few days he had compared himself to Brett Favre and Tom Brady.  I know you like confidence in a QB, but he's a god damned narcissist without anywhere near the skills to back it up.  

Everyone is harping on Nugent (who sucks, yeah, but no more than half the kickers in this league.  Plus, Denver's kicker missed a bigger one, so even.), but look at that fourth quarter sack McCarron took, which I would argue completely changed the game.  He had both Green and Jones open early on the play but his eyes never go downfield.  He was focused only on the rush.  And even then, he didn't do the responsible thing when he missed his window and throw the ball away.  He took a huge, unnecessary sack.  He's basically a pretty lousy QB.  He makes some plays, but his grasp of the game is very limited.  And even worse, he seems to have that Bengals choke disease that all of our QBs since Boomer seem to have.  Let's not forget, this guy came from a run first, run second, and run third offense in college.  His passing there was based on defenses having to respect that monster 'Bama running game.  How everyone thinks he has all this "heart" and is destined for greatness is beyond me.  I'm not saying the loss was all on him, and he had his moments, but he definitely made a big contribution.  I'll root for him because he's in tiger stripes.  But I don't like him as a QB, or even as a person.  Hell, I wanted the Bengals to get Mallet last year, way before he became available for nothing. 

But this all ends in about two weeks anyway, so we may as well just stay drunk to kill the pain of what might have been once again and then let it go.  It's the cycle of being a Bengals fan.  I wish I weren't so stupidly loyal to my sports teams.

They people who call Hue and Marvin negative are the same ones claiming the sky is falling because a guy making his second start didn't put a team on his back and a kicker missed by about a foot. Away. In high altitude.

11-4. Oh noes.

Yeah it sucked. But it was a fuckton closer than I expected. We took the Broncos, in their house on MNF, to OT and lost because of a bad snap. That's not being an apologist, it's being a realist.

"But once Andy Dalton is off this team and McCarron starts we wont lose in the bright lights" ... oh wait that's what happened. We lost. Get off the fucking bandwagon and/or stop crawling out the woodwork. Cuntbags.

Are you joking?  First of all, this kid came out of college concerned more about a reality TV career than his football career.  He also said he was the best QB in the draft.  Second, when he gets the job due to injury, in the matter of a few days he had compared himself to Brett Favre and Tom Brady.  I know you like confidence in a QB, but he's a god damned narcissist without anywhere near the skills to back it up.  

Everyone is harping on Nugent (who sucks, yeah, but no more than half the kickers in this league.  Plus, Denver's kicker missed a bigger one, so even.), but look at that fourth quarter sack McCarron took, which I would argue completely changed the game.  He had both Green and Jones open early on the play but his eyes never go downfield.  He was focused only on the rush.  And even then, he didn't do the responsible thing when he missed his window and throw the ball away.  He took a huge, unnecessary sack.  He's basically a pretty lousy QB.  He makes some plays, but his grasp of the game is very limited.  And even worse, he seems to have that Bengals choke disease that all of our QBs since Boomer seem to have.  Let's not forget, this guy came from a run first, run second, and run third offense in college.  His passing there was based on defenses having to respect that monster 'Bama running game.  How everyone thinks he has all this "heart" and is destined for greatness is beyond me.  I'm not saying the loss was all on him, and he had his moments, but he definitely made a big contribution.  I'll root for him because he's in tiger stripes.  But I don't like him as a QB, or even as a person.  Hell, I wanted the Bengals to get Mallet last year, way before he became available for nothing. 

But this all ends in about two weeks anyway, so we may as well just stay drunk to kill the pain of what might have been once again and then let it go.  It's the cycle of being a Bengals fan.  I wish I weren't so stupidly loyal to my sports teams.

This.  I'll pile on.

McCarron talks big, but doesn't have the stones to play big.  LIke turk says he won't even look downfield.  Knows he can't make the throw.  He looks great when his team is dominating physically and all he has to do is make short throws.  The rest of the league will watch the film and copy what the Broncos did in the second half.  Stack the box, play zone and dare McCarron to throw deep.  McCarron is exactly what they said he was coming out of college.  Game manager.

Archived