Noah Spence?

Jason

He left OSU because he had a problem with ecstasy.  But he has been clean since EKU.  He has first round talent and could be the SLB/pass rusher that people think Marvin has been looking for.  I don't know if I would take him in 1, but if he is still there in 2, what do you think?

He's 6'3" 261 and very athletic.

• 1 month later...

i'd take him at  #24...no ifs, ands, or buts! In fact, if he's still on the board he'll likely be my #1 overall wish. we have got to change this mindset of our RDE being a slow, lumbering 280 lb behemoth! noah spence has the potential to become the best (that's right, i said it) pass rusher out of this draft.

Not that I'm purposely trying to poke holes in your narrative, but Dre had some marijuana problems.  Got busted for it, and kicked out of middle school and hit with possession just a few months before the draft (later dropped/suspecting his fall guy got a nice chunk of change for that).  I think they do their homework and wouldn't touch someone with significant crazy like Nkemdiche, but a guy like Spence could be in their wheelhouse.  I also don't think he's going to last until 24.  Edge rushers fly up the board.

I don't know, I just think someone with multiple ecstasy related offenses that got him kicked out of the B1G just might be a little heavy for the Bengals taste as a first rd pick. 

I agree.

Then again, after the combine I don't think he will be there at 24 anyway.

Archived