Programming Alert

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Do we not take him seriously when he says he told McAllister his routes, or do we not take him seriously when he says he's really a nice guy who's just misunderstood?

If he told everyone his routes then he is GOAT. He didn't tell anyone his routes. If anyone ever caught wind he'd be benched and probably suspended by the NFL for cheating. Chad was a great route runner but he ran the wrong route a lot that would leave Palmer out to dry. A decent chunk of the times I don't think he even knew his route lol.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Shit's pretty damned good so far, too

I can say that I now agree with you and agree.  I did not care for the first episode but just watched the second and it is pretty damned good.  I'm in for the long haul with it now.  Can't see it lasting nearly as long as Thrones or Sopranos or Wire.  But good series and props to Home BO for running it early so as not to conflict with Sunday Night Football (which I boycott unless the Bengals are on).

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I can say that I now agree with you and agree.  I did not care for the first episode but just watched the second and it is pretty damned good.  I'm in for the long haul with it now.  Can't see it lasting nearly as long as Thrones or Sopranos or Wire.  But good series and props to Home BO for running it early so as not to conflict with Sunday Night Football (which I boycott unless the Bengals are on).

:wub:  :wub: my 2 favorites of all time.

22 hours ago, High School Harry said:

A friend of mine is pretty high up on the production chain of that show, and he's been telling everyone that it really doesn't "kick in" until the second episode. (More like sharing pictures on FB and going "It'll make sense after episode 2")  It's slightly less annoying than my friend who works on Walking Dead posting pictures of gore chained to a tree and going "I can't tell you. Tee-hee."

As far as how long it will run... That's not how HBO shows are structured. The Wire was never intended to be more than one season. GOT is the exception, not the rule. 

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

A friend of mine is pretty high up on the production chain of that show, and he's been telling everyone that it really doesn't "kick in" until the second episode. (More like sharing pictures on FB and going "It'll make sense after episode 2")  It's slightly less annoying than my friend who works on Walking Dead posting pictures of gore chained to a tree and going "I can't tell you. Tee-hee."

As far as how long it will run... That's not how HBO shows are structured. The Wire was never intended to be more than one season. GOT is the exception, not the rule. 

Thank the Lord it was more than one season. That show and Omar hold a special place in my heart when it comes to tv/entertainment.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:16 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

:wub:  :wub: my 2 favorites of all time.

Mine, too.  Have you seen Deadwood and Carnivale?  Also very excellent.

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

GREAT post and thank you for the insight.  Any idea why Deadwood was cancelled after only three seasons with loose ends hanging?  And, yeah, I can see what you are saying about WW taking until the second episode to kick in.  Did for me and now I'm in for the long haul.

Sorry I can only give you and TKFan only one +1.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

GREAT post and thank you for the insight.  Any idea why Deadwood was cancelled after only three seasons with loose ends hanging?  And, yeah, I can see what you are saying about WW taking until the second episode to kick in.  Did for me and now I'm in for the long haul.

Not privy to the inner workings of HBO. I know the people who sell them shows, not the folks who buy them.

On 10/9/2016 at 2:20 PM, High School Harry said:

Idk why it was cancelled it was an awesome show but I did just recently read an interview with an actress I can't remember her name but she's either in Westworld or has something to do with it can't remember that either but she was in a few Deadwood episodes as well and it's apparently coming back with a reboot. She wouldn't give out much info or directly say she was in the show as I'm sure she has some sort of nda. She did go as far to say that she has read the script and it's gonna be great.

If Westworld is anything similar to the book there's a ton of potential for it to be a long standing show since in the book there's more than 1 world. That's what my guess is for what Fords project he's been working on. We will see Sunday though. 

As for the Walking Dead I'm thinking it's Glenn that's dead. The last episode at end you can hear the women screaming and calling out a name sounds like Glenn to me. I could be wrong but there's no doubt it's surely a 1 syllable name which cuts down the possiblities greatly. Also sounds like Maggie screaming louder than others but it's all just my guess who gets it. 

One things for sure at least there's some good Sunday night shows to take mind off of pittiful performances like last Sunday. Hopefully they get their shit together and don't need shows etc to get your mind off of it.

Archived