O-Line Problems -- Coaching, Scheme or Players

6 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Please advise on this hope. What does he show that would make you believe there is hop for him? Furthermore, what did he do in college that would make you believe there is hope for him?

First year starting & it's not like he could get much worse. I'm much more concerned about Alexander's influence on both our current group & anyone who might replace the weak links. I'd love to see this OL after a year under a different coach.  I suspect the difference would be shocking.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

First year starting & it's not like he could get much worse. I'm much more concerned about Alexander's influence on both our current group & anyone who might replace the weak links. I'd love to see this OL after a year under a different coach.  I suspect the difference would be shocking.

Alexander picked him (and Bodine and Zeitler). 

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah, I'm aware.  Zeitler looked good his first year & has steadily gone to shit under Alexander's tutelage. 

I said it once before and it was not taken well but Zeitler looks like Steinbach deja vu all over again.  And I think you have hit the nail on the head with "Coach" Alexander.

Look at the first 3 draft choices for the last 5 years and you will find the answer to the question "What is wrong with the Bengals?"    We have been losing quality players to FA and age and replacing them with sub par replacements.  

Other than RB, we haven't upgraded any position and in most cases have gotten worse.

Hall, Newsome and even Crocker were a better lineup than what we have now. 

Gresham missed  6 games in 5 years, Eifert 26 in 4 years. 

Andre Smith is far superior to whatever the fuck played today.  Horrid display.  The other guy is still watching Whit get flagged for holding.

Is Zeitler better than Bobbie Williams before he got old?  No.

Burfict is the only quality starter other than Gio we have added to this roster in years,...and he was an UDFA!!!

Boyd won't be better than Jones,  just don't see it.

Ced has played 4 games as a starter.  He isn't helped by Zeitler and Bodine to his left.  He had some good moments.  Hopefully he is learning.

Zeitler is garbage unless you like penalties and missed assignments.  Saw him shaking his head in the huddle today.  He knows he's bad and he is rattled.

I'm done talking about Bodine.  

When 3 out of your 5 linemen aren't getting it done how can you expect to win?

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Ced has played 4 games as a starter.  He isn't helped by Zeitler and Bodine to his left.  He had some good moments.  Hopefully he is learning.

Zeitler is garbage unless you like penalties and missed assignments.  Saw him shaking his head in the huddle today.  He knows he's bad and he is rattled.

I'm done talking about Bodine.  

When 3 out of your 5 linemen aren't getting it done how can you expect to win?

At some point the coaches  needed to get him (Ced) some help because he was getting abused which puts Dalton in harm's way.  Never happened.

• 2 weeks later...

So i was actually at the game yesterday, so i didn't pay attention to whitworth leaving, who came in and 70 getting benched and then who came in for him....

Can one explain to me what happened with subs?

Did Mr. NFLPA come in for Ced, then when whit got hurt did Eric Winston slide to LT and Ced came back in???

Thanks

Archived