!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ COWBOYS GAME THREAD!!!

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

On the old Jungle board, Hobson was on there when he (you?) was with the Enquirer.  Things would be said on the board and appear verbatim in his column the next day or so.  No kidding.

I always thought it was Harley.   I remember both Hobson and Harley had similar flairs of the written word.   I accused Harley of this on several occasions.  Those were certainly the days.  Our current batch of trolls are better than those from the old Enquirer days. 

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

I always thought it was Harley.   I remember both Hobson and Harley had similar flairs of the written word.   I accused Harley of this on several occasions.  Those were certainly the days.  Our current batch of trolls are better than those from the old Enquirer days. 

Were you on the old Jungle board with MOC and Coyotyle and Dixonator (speaking of trolls but an amusing one)?  I know Bengal Backer was on there and he put me on to this board.  Backer is a great guy and I would like to see more of him here.  But, yeah, Hobson was on there because I recall (with all modesty. really) I posted something and it appeared in the Enquirer without one change.  Other stuff by others on the board also appeared in Hobsob's column sometimes slightly altered, sometimes not.

Coy also claimed Andy Fuhrman was on there for awhile.  I think/maybe so because Coy called him out and he disappeared.

I like our trolls here and find their "input" very amusing.  Never did see what it was about Scharm that whizzed so many people off and am sorry he is gone.  Our trolls (some I refer to as "bullet proof" because they never post about the Bengals, just other posters) are fantastic popcorn fodder :popcorn:.  I am not a favorite with a couple of the mod squad (you know who you are) and sometimes pull my punches or delete posts entirely to keep from exile.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Never did see what it was about Scharm that whizzed so many people off and am sorry he is gone. 

From what I understand he reported other's posts and complained about people way more than anyone ever complained about him.  He also flat-out stated he was just here to be a nuisance, and repeatedly got shitty with the mods.  I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did TBH.

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

From what I understand he reported other's posts and complained about people way more than anyone ever complained about him.  He also flat-out stated he was just here to be a nuisance, and repeatedly got shitty with the mods.  I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did TBH.

OK.  Makes sense.  A lot.  Thanks (and damn, out of +'s ... will have to try to catch up tomorrow)

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Were you on the old Jungle board with MOC and Coyotyle and Dixonator (speaking of trolls but an amusing one)?  I know Bengal Backer was on there and he put me on to this board.  Backer is a great guy and I would like to see more of him here.  But, yeah, Hobson was on there because I recall (with all modesty. really) I posted something and it appeared in the Enquirer without one change.  Other stuff by others on the board also appeared in Hobsob's column sometimes slightly altered, sometimes not.

Coy also claimed Andy Fuhrman was on there for awhile.  I think/maybe so because Coy called him out and he disappeared.

I like our trolls here and find their "input" very amusing.  Never did see what it was about Scharm that whizzed so many people off and am sorry he is gone.  Our trolls (some I refer to as "bullet proof" because they never post about the Bengals, just other posters) are fantastic popcorn fodder :popcorn:.  I am not a favorite with a couple of the mod squad (you know who you are) and sometimes pull my punches or delete posts entirely to keep from exile.

There were technically two versions of the Enquirer board.   The first version was pretty unfiltered except language.   Harley was like member number 2 or something really low.   Way back when to keep up with the Bengals I subscribed to the Enquirer paper version on the dial-up internet while stationed overseas.  Those that were subscribed received emails about a new Bengals board sponsored by the Enquirer.   Alot of those OGs I still see regularly during the season.   LT is one of the elder statesman.   We even had females that participated in the forum nonsense back then.   Really,  I'm not kidding...   My name back then was just a series of numbers strung together which became too difficult to pronounce after a tailgate or two and I became numbers afterwards.

Fortunately,  these guys here accepted me here as a member and I'm happy to belong to the best Bengal's forum on the internet and one of the few that are owned and ran solely by Bengal's fans. 

Please excuse my long winded post.   I was just strolling down Memory Lane.   Thanks for the memories HSH. 

23 hours ago, big_dish said:

While he could have made a couple different decisions today (and most games) he is about as far removed from being on the list of issues as one player can possibly be.

Have you not watched the games and the shit players and coaches and game plans they've been trotting out there?

Yes I have watched every game multiple times. However I doubt I'll watch the Dallas game again.  

The offensive game plan is a freak show. Were the only clowns in the league that line up with two O-linemen out wide. Like I said "we must have the worst offensive playbook in the league."   None of that is Dalton's fault.  What I don't see in Dalton is a guy that can elevate the play of his teammates. Sometimes he will make a good move to buy extra time but he can't hit the side of a barn when throwing on the run. Dalton was drafted to be a game managing QB and that is exactly what he has done.  What this team needs now is a guy that can turn nothing into something with nifty and quick reaction.

13 hours ago, Numbers said:

There were technically two versions of the Enquirer board.   The first version was pretty unfiltered except language.   Harley was like member number 2 or something really low.   Way back when to keep up with the Bengals I subscribed to the Enquirer paper version on the dial-up internet while stationed overseas.  Those that were subscribed received emails about a new Bengals board sponsored by the Enquirer.   Alot of those OGs I still see regularly during the season.   LT is one of the elder statesman.   We even had females that participated in the forum nonsense back then.   Really,  I'm not kidding...   My name back then was just a series of numbers strung together which became too difficult to pronounce after a tailgate or two and I became numbers afterwards.

Fortunately,  these guys here accepted me here as a member and I'm happy to belong to the best Bengal's forum on the internet and one of the few that are owned and ran solely by Bengal's fans. 

Please excuse my long winded post.   I was just strolling down Memory Lane.   Thanks for the memories HSH. 

Who you calling elderly? :lol:

Great days on that place. Dixonator was a frequenter on Bengals Jungle several years ago. He and I had some epic go-arounds. 

Even should this be a down season, it will be in no way a harbinger of return to those late-90's times which sprung the neg nellies of that time. Those days are long gone. 

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Who you calling elderly? :lol:

Great days on that place. Dixonator was a frequenter on Bengals Jungle several years ago. He and I had some epic go-arounds. 

Even should this be a down season, it will be in no way a harbinger of return to those late-90's times which sprung the neg nellies of that time. Those days are long gone. 

I believe...  The Nellie's here will grow and flourish should this team revert back to the 90s. 

I believe...   Clinton Bourgeois and Jesus of Nazareth shall be resurrected along with all other incarnations of the Super Troll, should this team revert back to the 90s. 

6 and 10 at best... 

Archived