Numbers

Bengals vs Chiefs preseason game thread...

#StillSucks :P

Why does every single play have to have a penalty?  They called that absolute nothing against Jefferson?  Just kinda up in his shoulder pad?  If that's holding this season will be looooooooooooooong

If Marvin was still coach, Nickerson would have sealed a starting job with that pick.

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

#StillSucks :P

Why does every single play have to have a penalty?  They called that absolute nothing against Jefferson?  Just kinda up in his shoulder pad?  If that's holding this season will be looooooooooooooong

Probably a make-up call for some earlier mistake.  The refs aren't there to enforce rules, they're only dictating tempo of the game.

1 minute ago, Le Tigre said:

Just back from Cincinnati FC/Crew. Rollicking match. 

Miss anything here? 

Who won?

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Miss anything here? 

Dalton and Co. had a nice long drive to open the game but not much since. Lot of penalties, no tackling by the defense and Fejedelem is out with an ankle injury.

1 minute ago, Shebengal said:

Who won?

2-2 draw...but the house was rocking. Lots of Cinti folk in the building too. Great rivalry beginning it looks like. 

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

2-2 draw...but the house was rocking. Lots of Cinti folk in the building too. Great rivalry beginning it looks like. 

👍My son went to his first Crew game a few weeks ago. He’s starting to get into soccer a little bit. He got to go courtesy of CD 102.5.

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Miss anything here? 

I just got in from fishing but I checked NFL.com and from the 3 game highlights they've uploaded so far I can confirm that we are indeed the opponent of the Kansas City Chiefs tonight.

Also Hardy Nickerson is sloooooooooow.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I just got in from fishing but I checked NFL.com and from the 3 game highlights they've uploaded so far I can confirm that we are indeed the opponent of the Kansas City Chiefs tonight.

Also Hardy Nickerson is sloooooooooow.

Bring in a good catch? 

On the plus side, most of these guys will be bagging groceries an a couple of weeks. (Except Phillips, who will be dropping your eggs)

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Bring in a good catch? 

Better than the Bengals punt returners apparently, in that I didn't drop anything in the creek.  Otherwise no, very still out there tonight.  Beats working though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gupps said:

On the plus side, most of these guys will be bagging groceries an a couple of weeks. (Except Phillips, who will be dropping your eggs)

😂😂 I’m sorry. That’s funny.

I know it's an old preseason saying,  but really: these guys are all college-educated young men...how many will actually be working in grocery store checkouts, or other high school summer jobs, if perchance they are not playing in the NFL? 

5 minutes ago, FulcherVulcher33 said:

Malik Jefferson looks lost

Crap, was hoping he'd take Nickersons spot.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Aquino hit 3 homers tonight in a 10-1 beatdown of the Cubs.  

bill-murray-caddyshack-promo.webp

👍😀 Sweet!

Sure he was playing against scrubs, but that was a pretty clean series by Finley.  Certainly better than Driskel.  With all the negative press he's been getting (even by Knobson), it's nice to see he's got some confidence.