Katrina Disaster

Homer_Rice

I don't normally call out my friends as this tends to be highly personal. However, the scope fo the disaster down south is immense, possibly thousands dead, so I hope you'll take this FWIW.

I'd like to suggest that those of us who can afford it, make a small donation to the charity of your choice to help out. I chose the American Red Cross and gave the equivalent of one day's pay.

It's bad enough that those folks have to root for the Saints.

Enough preaching, forgive me if I stepped on toes.

I would recommend donating to Catholic Social Services or another Catholic Charity, because 80% of the money will actually go to the victims.
That is what we will be doing, and I don't support the Catholic Church.

The Red Cross has lost all of my trust with the poor management of the 9/11 funds

This is the worst disaster in this country, in my memory.

Someone with a police scanner in the New Orleans area is streaming it over the internet. Here's the [url="http://205.252.89.181:8000/live.m3u"]link.[/url] Fascinating stuff. [edit] Here's [url="http://216.22.26.45:8002/listen.pls"]another link[/url] to the scanner.

Here's another [url="http://www.nola.com/"]link.[/url] It's the website for the NO Times-Picayune newspaper. The paper employees have had to evacuate, but they've kept their website up and running.

They're running a bunch of blogs for news etc. The "Your Stories", "Where Are Friends & Family?" and "What's Happened to MY Neighborhood?" sections are truly heartbreaking.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Sep 1 2005, 08:09 PM']Figures you would play the race card in a time like this. :254:
[right][post="140237"][/post][/right][/quote]

I found it on another site. Thought it was funny.

I donated 20 of my own hard earned.... dollars to the peeps at school collecting money to send down there. There's nothing else I can do. So lick my.... feces.

BTW, how is it playing the race card? It's blatantly obvious this time. Both groups of people have stole food from a grocery store to SURVIVE. Why only label one of them as looting?

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Sep 1 2005, 08:20 PM']BTW, how is it playing the race card? It's blatantly obvious this time. Both groups of people have stole food from a grocery store to SURVIVE. Why only label one of them as looting?
[right][post="140250"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

In all fairness, it was two different news organizations.

You're not wrong, though. That just sucks.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Boomer07' date='Sep 1 2005, 08:34 PM']In all fairness, it was two different news organizations.

You're not wrong, though.  That just sucks.
[right][post="140264"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It was jus for shits n giggles, IMO. I dont know how ya'll took it.

Newayz.... yea. I donated 20 dollars 2day. Only time I work is during the summer rite now, and I didnt get too much money. Almost out as a matter of fact. Idiots puttin in nickles and pennies in the cans n shit. What the fuck is someone gonna do with a nickel?

Bad I just watched Rev Al run his jibs about how we are just letting them die because they are black...BS! Having groups run around with guns and looting
nursing homes and hospitals is fucked up. How is someone is supposed to act
going in and take a risk of getting shot trying to help. NO is mostly black and sorry but that is the way it is. If they would allow someone to help they would.
People are comparing this to 9/11. New York didn't have 10-20 ft of water cutting everybody off. <_<

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:06 PM']Bad I just watched Rev Al run his jibs about how we are just letting them die because they are black...BS! Having groups run around with guns and looting
nursing homes and hospitals is fucked up. How is someone is supposed to act
going  in and take a risk of getting shot trying to help. NO is mostly black and sorry but that is the way it is. If they would allow someone to help they would.
  People are comparing this to 9/11. New York didn't have 10-20 ft of water cutting everybody off. <_<
[right][post="140273"][/post][/right][/quote]

Al is a retard.

Plain and simple.

Last nite I was watching Fox News(fuck the haters), and they were having people call on the show to let the authorities and folks know where they were n stuff, and where they were hiding and/or stuck at. Because of dude(I think it was the O'Reilley Factor i was watchin or somethin), mass people got out of there. It was cool as hell.

Hate to say it guy's but this just the beginning of what might sink our economy and who we are as a nation. Think about it. We could be 1 natural disaster,one terrorist act away from this country going into a panic,gas food,utilities being rationed. This country can't take it now. We got into a comfort zone and we are getting a wakup call. <_<

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Sep 1 2005, 10:10 PM']i wonder if theres sharks in those waters
:ninja:
[right][post="140279"][/post][/right][/quote]
Or Gators...
[img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/graphics/wcgator.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/looters.asp"]http://www.snopes.com/photos/katrina/looters.asp[/url]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Sep 1 2005, 10:16 PM']Hate to say it guy's but this just the beginning of what might sink our economy and who we are as a nation. Think about it. We could be 1 natural disaster,one terrorist act away from this country going into a panic,gas food,utilities being rationed. This country can't take it now. We got into a comfort zone and we are getting a wakup call.  <_<
[right][post="140282"][/post][/right][/quote]
Noone is willing to sacrifice.

I hope this will make people more communal, but I doubt it.

Did anyone see the psuedo documentary "Oil Storm" a few months ago?

Eerie :blink: It was about how a hurricane that disrupted our oil supply and changing the way we live as we know it. It started out by the gas raising to $3 a gallon

Fuking weird coincidence

Guest steggyD
I'm starting to think of a thread that happened during our lost days here at GoBengals forum. It was about the apocalypse. I mentioned the so called "fraud" John Titor, who was, according to him, from the future, I think about 2036. I even made fun of him, because he said that a civil war will begin in USA in 2005. I said that he must have failed history because I do not see a civil war starting by year's end. I'm not so sure if I feel that way now. Even if an actual war by paper does not start this year, I see what could escalate towards some pretty nasty times.

I do hope, however, that we can pull through the tough times that may lie ahead. Hang on tight, I think it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Guest bengaljet

[quote name='STRAYCAT' date='Sep 1 2005, 09:16 PM']Hate to say it guy's but this just the beginning of what might sink our economy and who we are as a nation. Think about it. We could be 1 natural disaster,one terrorist act away from this country going into a panic,gas food,utilities being rationed. This country can't take it now. We got into a comfort zone and we are getting a wakup call.  <_<
[right][post="140282"][/post][/right][/quote]

Agree. I saw a police officer from NO say that this was the end of life as we knew it.

Archived