Ja’Marr Chase: I’m open, Joe Burrow’s gonna get back to it in no time

15 hours ago, Spotto said:

For all the locals who follow the Bearcats, did Zac run the ball when he was there?  All I ever hear about is a how bad the offense was when he was OC, but has he changed at all?

Everywhere Zac's been the offense has been bad, it was awful here until Burrow and Chase came to town. It's easy to have your offense look good with an elite QB and WR. Throwing a slant to JaMarr Chase who breaks 3 tackles en route to a 75-yard TD doesn't make one an offensive genius. Kyle Shannahan is an offensive genius, he took the last pick in the draft and turned him into a future HOF'er because of his scheme.

Taylor has to figure out how to get this offense going by running the ball and getting Chase some big plays if he's going to have success this year, he can't rely on Burrow to make something happen off-script. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Spotto said:

For all the locals who follow the Bearcats, did Zac run the ball when he was there?  All I ever hear about is a how bad the offense was when he was OC, but has he changed at all?

This is one of the reasons I don't trust Taylor as an OC.  When has he had success calling plays?  UC?  Nope.  Miami?  Nope.  He ended up bounced down to QB coach.  I love the guy as a HC, but I don't believe in him as an OC at all. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This is one of the reasons I don't trust Taylor as an OC.  When has he had success calling plays?  UC?  Nope.  Miami?  Nope.  He ended up bounced down to QB coach.  I love the guy as a HC, but I don't believe in him as an OC at all. 

I think the problem is he fancies himself a QB/offensive guru like his counterpart, Sean McVay, when he's not. 

How did Zac Taylor go from Assistant WR Coach to HC in 2 seasons? It seems like he's in over his head when Burrow can't save the day. 

On 10/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, PatternMaster said:

I think the problem is he fancies himself a QB/offensive guru like his counterpart, Sean McVay, when he's not. 

How did Zac Taylor go from Assistant WR Coach to HC in 2 seasons? It seems like he's in over his head when Burrow can't save the day. 

Watch the better offenses.  Motion on almost every play, play action, etc. I just heard a stat that Burrow is dead last in yards throw past the line of scrimmage.  Hard to fathom with Tee and Chase on the team.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Watch the better offenses.  Motion on almost every play, play action, etc. I just heard a stat that Burrow is dead last in yards throw past the line of scrimmage.  Hard to fathom with Tee and Chase on the team.  

This year or overall? Big difference.

Could you imagine Kyle Shanahan or Mike McDaniel or Andy Reid with this offensive roster?  Cash explosion. 

Anyways, I learned something that makes me hate Zac Taylor a little bit less. It’s Burrow who doesn’t like motion so the offense doesn’t use it much. He likes to read the keys on defense pre snap and confirm post snap, if confirmed he goes with his first read, it not confirmed he moves to second read that much faster.  

• Upvote 1