Orlando Brown Jr. has been helping Oklahoma OT prospect

Greg Wilson
Fri, Feb 2, 2024, 4:16 PM CST·1 min read

5e8444fc9a8305d99ba3a430b04e6df8

Cincinnati Bengals left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. has already been a great addition on the field, but he also tries to do what he can off the field as well helping other players.

He has been in contact with Tyler Guyton, a right tackle from his alma mater Oklahoma for a while now, trying to help him improve his game as the NFL Draft comes up.

“He’s been a great mentor. He’s been like a big brother,” Guyton said Jan. 30. “He’s telling me to take this time very personal because it’s going to separate me going into the draft. He’s very respectful to me even though he’s already in the league, but he talks to me like a brother.”

The 6-7, 328-pound Sooner will be drafted in April, and with the possibility of Jonah Williams leaving in free agency, the Bengals could be in need of someone on the right side of the line, and Guyton could fit that bill.

Brown has been in contact with Guyton for a while now, and whether the right tackle ends up with the Bengals in the draft or not, Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin said he’s been happy with the way Brown has contributed on and off the field.

“Orlando, his intangibles are off the charts,” Tobin said. “His tangibles are off the chart. He’s big. He’s hard to get around. He’s everything that we saw that we wanted and we wanted a guy with substance to him on and off the field and we got that. I’m pleased for Orlando and as he enters year two in our scheme with our players, he’ll get even better.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/orlando-brown-jr-helping-oklahoma-221654561.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

^ I already had a hunch Guyton could be the guy @ 18 because of his smooth pass blocking ability (said as much in a thread last week) -- but now with OBj personally working with him and Zac Taylor growing up in Oklahoma as a Sooners fan ... I would put the likelihood at 51% ...

IMG_20240203_183941.jpg

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Guyton has good movement skills. He's said to be not very strong in drive blocking. He looks more like a future LT than RT, though the Bengals don't make much of an effort to run the ball anyway. 

Seems like they say getting better at running it is a focus every offseason.  During games, not so much.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:30 AM, High School Harry said:

image.png.eb0b1f0c1991ee5a38ca47d283097a24.png

Joe Mixon explains to Orlando Brown why he, Mixon, is still on the team

by showing him pictures of Boi Toi Troy Blackburn at 

The Happy Trojans bath house south of Dayton.

Been there Harry?..😎