Pick 18, what should Bengals do?

Pick 18   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which position is the biggest need at 18?

• OT
    • DT
    • Other
  2. 2. Of these OT at 18, which would rather have?

• Amarius Mims
    • JC Latham
    • Olu Fashanu
    • Troy Fatanu
    • Taluese Fuaga
    • Tyler Guyton
  3. 3. Of these DT at 18 which would you rather have?

• Byron Murphy
    • Johnny Newton
  4. 4. Do you want Brock Bowers if he's there?

• Hell yes
    • No, pass for other needs
  5. 5. Are you ok with taking CB Cooper Dejean?

• Yes, White Lightning baby!
    • I guess, but prefer trenches
    • No, don't need a DB early
  6. 6. Of these 4 guys most likely to be taken, who do you want?

• Amarius Mims
    • Byron Murphy
    • JC Latham
    • Johnny Newton
  7. 7. Should the Bengals trade up?

• Yes, quality over quantity
    • No, save the picks
  8. 8. Should the Bengals trade back?

• Possibly, if the main guys are gone
    • No, just take the best guy at 18
  9. 9. Would you be ok with taking a WR at 18?

• Yes, need Tee's replacement
    • No, focus on the trenches
  10. 10. Would you be ok with taking WR Brian Thomas?

• Yes, LSU Tee Clone
    • No, focus on the lines
  11. 11. Should the Bengals consider packaging pick 18 and Tee to go into top 10 for Alt or Nabers?

• Yes, be aggressive
    • No, we need Tee for New Orleans SB run

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

Maybe anti-Jerry from a "staying in your lane" standpoint, but there's no doubt Jerry is a very astute businessman. He's made tons of of $, not only in football, but in real estate investments, oil and gas, other franchises (e.g pizza)... And he's made the other NFL owners a lot of money, too, especially early on with re-vamped licensing agreements, etc..  

You are usually a go-to guy for decent Dallas info, tex. They seem to always have stuff leak out before the draft. Keep hearing that the Cowboys have settled on Graham Barton in the 1st, RB Johnathan Brooks in the 2nd. Have you heard this?

39 minutes ago, dex said:

You are usually a go-to guy for decent Dallas info, tex. They seem to always have stuff leak out before the draft. Keep hearing that the Cowboys have settled on Graham Barton in the 1st, RB Johnathan Brooks in the 2nd. Have you heard this?

Spaulding (aka Jerry’s kid Stephen) pretty much said on their draft presser today that they are going OL in round one. May be a smokescreen but it’s pretty obvious they need help after losing 2 starters, plus Zack Martin isn’t getting any younger. They have Terrence Steele outside, plus Tyler Smith who has played both G and T well, so they have some position flex about which way to go.

They could use some DL help, too, and at WR and LB.  DeMarcus Lawrence has been great but he’s no kid, and they lost Dorrance Armstrong in FA and now that DC Dan Quinn is gone, not sure how they will use Parsons - more as a

rusher or use him more as an off-ball

LB. He’s worn down some when they rush him too much, as dominant a player as he’s been. He’s not a huge guy. 

Re OL in the draft, I’ve heard any combo of Mims, Guyton, Barton, Powers-Johnson, Fashanu… depends on who’s there when they pick. They don’t have a lot of equity to trade up and if anything, they may trade back to accumulate more picks. 

At RB, Brooks is a popular choice

because of proximity, familiarity and need. But he’s coming off a tough injury and not sure how quick he will be able to contribute. I’ve heard Benson also, even Blake Corum. 

They still have got a good roster but there are more cracks in it than before… which is why I think they’ll likely trade back unless there’s a can’t miss value at 24. Barton may be that guy, not sure, but they have done well drafting the OL and he fits a lot of what they look for. 

• Like 1

1. Fuaga

2. Murphy

3. Bowers

4, Latham

5. Mims

Need to protect Joe and really have to have a DT that is respectable vs. the run.  Doubt Bowers id there (they all could be history by #18), but too good to pass up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, snarkster said:

1. Fuaga

2. Murphy

3. Bowers

4, Latham

5. Mims

Need to protect Joe and really have to have a DT that is respectable vs. the run.  Doubt Bowers id there (they all could be history by #18), but too good to pass up.

I'm in....

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I'm in....

However unlikely it is, I'd love to snag Murphy @ #18 and miraculously find one of the RT's ranked above Morgan fall into our laps at #49.  Another goal would be to come out of the draft with a RT and a IOL that could both be ready to be solid starters by 2025.  If they keep all 10 picks (unlikely?) I'd be fine with an RT, a G/T and a C/G at some point.  I'm not fond at all of our OL depth.

• Like 1

My unrealistic wish list for pick 18 ...

1. Joe Alt

2. Malik Nabers 

3. Brock Bowers

My realistic wish list for pick 18 ...

1. Amarius Mims

2. Byron Murphy

3. Cooper DeJean

4. Troy Fautanu 

5. Olu Fashanu

6. Graham Barton
7. Darius Robinson

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

However unlikely it is, I'd love to snag Murphy @ #18 and miraculously find one of the RT's ranked above Morgan fall into our laps at #49.  Another goal would be to come out of the draft with a RT and a IOL that could both be ready to be solid starters by 2025.  If they keep all 10 picks (unlikely?) I'd be fine with an RT, a G/T and a C/G at some point.  I'm not fond at all of our OL depth.

Agree..

Wouldn't be great to draft a big talent in rd1 for Pollack to work with?

We have no depth Anywhere on the Oline....Scrubs actually.

Murphy would give the dline  another force up front in this run heavy division so I'm good with him.

Katy has been burning late nite candles trying to resolve this ..

Trick for sure but..

In Katy I Trust...

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

1. Fuaga

2. Murphy

3. Bowers

4, Latham

5. Mims

Gut feelin right now is you may have their big board draftees .

Looks strong..