this Teacher should be FIRED

Quakerz

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Boomer07' post='207819' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:41 PM']None of the kids that couldn't handle the reprocussions (besides the "special-ed" kids), would have worn the jersey in the 1st place.[/quote]
No. Sorry, that's wrong. That shouldn't happen, ever, by a teacher in a school. Like I said, the child may expect a little ribbing, etc. But what happened should have never, ever been allowed by a teacher (period)

And I will say it again, "I hope that teacher never, ever teaches again!"

He needs to be knocked down to working the concession stands at Heinz Field. See how much he likes the Steelers then.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='steggyD' post='207828' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:48 PM']What the hell? No, I am usually for the toughing up of our children. We do treat them like fragile glass anymore, but this is completely out of line. Yeah, the kid may expect to get picked on, even by a teacher. But that usually deserves a simple word or two. Something like, you know your boys are gonna get stomped. But for the teacher to put the kid on display like that, way out of control. And for sports? Come on, that doesn't even matter in the school world. Maybe put the child on display if he fucks up big time on a test. But for sports? I hope that teacher never teaches again... ever.

And for you all to call him a pussy? That's not necessary. He took it, but he is not happy with the end results. It didn't say that he cried and ran out of the classroom. He did what he thinks is right. The teacher tells him to do something and he listened. Of course maybe he should've done something different, but he listened. That's what I expect children to do. I know the kids at my children's school are punks and pay no attention to the teachers, and it interferes with my children's learning. I'm glad to see that there are students out there who will listen, yet question the judgement afterwards and bring it to the attention of people they trust even more.[/quote]

The guys 17 years old, he should have a pretty good idea of whether or not what the teacher is doing to him is right or not, and whether or not he'd get in trouble if he knocked his ass out.

I know that if I were in that position, somebody would be getting punched. Then when they expel me, there would be a lawyer involved. I would determine all of that within the first 30 seconds of paper being thrown at me as the teacher laughs about it.

Maybe just maybe...he should have went out to his car, gathered the gernades loaded his 100 rd magazine 12 ga street sweeper and came in the school and cleaned house :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Then they'll think again before they fuck with a 17 yr old.

:blink:

:ninja:

(The above comments were an effort at sarcasim. No intent or malicious behavior would or should be condoned.)Disclosure statement.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='207838' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:55 PM']The guys 17 years old, he should have a pretty good idea of whether or not what the teacher is doing to him is right or not, and whether or not he'd get in trouble if he knocked his ass out.

I know that if I were in that position, somebody would be getting punched. Then when they expel me, there would be a lawyer involved. I would determine all of that within the first 30 seconds of paper being thrown at me as the teacher laughs about it.[/quote]
Not everyone reacts in a violent manner. Why should the student stoop to his level. I think the best situation happened, especially if the teacher loses his license to teach. Otherwise, if this never happened, and the student punched him, then the teacher may only have been suspended.

Some people react to things in their own manner. I don't see how one has to prove they are not a pussy by punching everyone who gets in their way.

[quote name='steggyD' post='207828' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:48 PM']What the hell? No, I am usually for the toughing up of our children. We do treat them like fragile glass anymore, but this is completely out of line. Yeah, the kid may expect to get picked on, even by a teacher. But that usually deserves a simple word or two. Something like, you know your boys are gonna get stomped. But for the teacher to put the kid on display like that, way out of control. And for sports? Come on, that doesn't even matter in the school world. Maybe put [b]the child [/b] on display if he fucks up big time on a test. But for sports? I hope that teacher never teaches again... ever.[/quote]

I agree (and have stated several times) that the teacher should be fired. He went too far.

But, this is not a "child", he's 17. We're not talking about an 8 year old here.

[quote name='steggyD' post='207828' date='Jan 23 2006, 08:48 PM']And for you all to call him a pussy? That's not necessary. He took it, but he is not happy with the end results. It didn't say that he cried and ran out of the classroom. He did what he thinks is right. The teacher tells him to do something and he listened. Of course maybe he should've done something different, but he listened. That's what I expect [b]children[/b] to do. I know the kids at my children's school are punks and pay no attention to the teachers, and it interferes with my children's learning. I'm glad to see that there are students out there who will listen, yet question the judgement afterwards and bring it to the attention of people they trust even more.[/quote]

Again, this is not a "child" we're talking about. I don't know when this kid's birthday is, but he'll be an "adult" in a matter of months.

Maybe calling him a "pussy" was a bit harsh, but the kid should know how to handle himself by now. Apparantley... he doesn't.

Hopefully, he'll learn a life-lesson from this.

Doubtful. His mom will probably sue, and he'll end up with a bunch of cash to pay for college and probably a new car. <_<

In my world, you need to be able to stand up for yourself by the time you're 17 years old. If not, you're pretty much screwed. Although these days, you can sue and not worry about it. Give me a fucking break <_<

Guest steggyD
Guys. He's the victim. You all go on about how he wore the jersey, therefore he should expect these things to happen... So the girl who's just too damn sexy and wore high heels one day, she deserved to be raped, right? I know they are not really comparable, and rape is definitely a far worse crime, but I was showing how you all almost excuse the actions of the teacher because he wore the "wrong" jersey.

And yea, Boomer, your world is different. In New York, everyone's a loud mouth. Frankly, I'm tired of the loud mouths in New York, but I'm probably stuck here for life now. I think violent reactions just keep the wheels in motion. Yet, his lack of reaction actually allows this act to be written down in the records, and his punishment will go on to persuade other teachers not to do this type of shit. Otherwise, if the kid didn't allow it to happen, then we would never have known if something like this would happen, and the records would only indicate a loud mouth tempermental student. If someone on the streets asks him to do this, then I would hope he has a different reaction. But this is in school. Maybe he could have walked out, but maybe he also really cared about taking his test.

I can't believe we pick on the kid who had this happen to him. He's the victim here, dammitt.

[quote name='steggyD' post='207867' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:25 PM']Guys. He's the victim. You all go on about how he wore the jersey, therefore he should expect these things to happen... So the girl who's just too damn sexy and wore high heels one day, she deserved to be raped, right? I know they are not really comparable, and rape is definitely a far worse crime, but I was showing how you all almost excuse the actions of the teacher because he wore the "wrong" jersey.[/quote]

I agree, he's the victim. The teacher deserves to be fired. I just think he should've been able to handle it without running to his mommy. It's nothing even close to being raped. Did he deserve it? Nope. Should he have been able to handle it? Yep. That he couldn't, bothers me.

Here's another analogy... What if, next time you head down to the city, you were to get off the train at 125th street instead of Grand Central, wearing a white sheet and a pillow case over your head, and tried to walk the rest of the way to your school. How far do you think you would get?

Another extreme example, but you'd have to know that, whether you're in the Klan or not, that's a really bad idea and that something is going to happen to you.

I think a 17 year old should be smart enough to know that wearing Broncos gear in a Steeler-centric high school would cause problems, or he should be prepared to take the consequences.

[quote name='steggyD' post='207867' date='Jan 23 2006, 09:25 PM']And yea, Boomer, your world is different. In New York, everyone's a loud mouth. Frankly, I'm tired of the loud mouths in New York, but I'm probably stuck here for life now. I think violent reactions just keep the wheels in motion. Yet, his lack of reaction actually allows this act to be written down in the records, and his punishment will go on to persuade other teachers not to do this type of shit. Otherwise, if the kid didn't allow it to happen, then we would never have known if something like this would happen, and the records would only indicate a loud mouth tempermental student. If someone on the streets asks him to do this, then I would hope he has a different reaction. But this is in school. Maybe he could have walked out, but maybe he also really cared about taking his test.

I can't believe we pick on the kid who had this happen to him. He's the victim here, dammitt.[/quote]

Not everyone in NY is a loudmouth and you frikkin know it. We have our fair share, but most people aren't. Besides, what's wrong with speaking up for yourself? Why is that so bad?

I never said anything about "violent reactions". I was talking about handling the situation like an adult. See my above posts.

Guest steggyD

Yeah, yeah. I know, Boomer. It's Ok, I like you city folk too. Most of you are very entertaining, to say the least. ;)

For what it's worth, I showed the story to one of my daughters, and told her that if anything like that ever happened to her, then she needs to walk out and speak to someone else in charge. I told her that she needs to respect teachers until they disrespect her.

About the violent reaction, I suppose I was ansering many people at one time. I believe it was Own who said that the kid should have punched the teacher.

I guess the way I was looking at it, is that the kid is the victim. Of course he should have walked out or something else, but hind-sight is 20/20. If we go by hind-sight, then we would've run the ball on the second play of our offensive opening series, and this may have never happened. However, this all went down, and I am more focused on the teacher's actions than how the kid should have handled the situation.

oh, by the way, I always wear my Klan robe in Manhattan :ninja: (Just kidding guys, really)

[quote name='steggyD' post='207885' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:11 PM']Yeah, yeah. I know, Boomer. It's Ok, I like you city folk too. Most of you are very entertaining, to say the least. ;)

For what it's worth, I showed the story to one of my daughters, and told her that if anything like that ever happened to her, then she needs to walk out and speak to someone else in charge. I told her that she needs to respect teachers until they disrespect her.

About the violent reaction, I suppose I was ansering many people at one time. I believe it was Own who said that the kid should have punched the teacher.

I guess the way I was looking at it, is that the kid is the victim. Of course he should have walked out or something else, but hind-sight is 20/20. If we go by hind-sight, then we would've run the ball on the second play of our offensive opening series, and this may have never happened. [b]However, this all went down, and I am more focused on the teacher's actions than how the kid should have handled the situation.[/b]

oh, by the way, I always wear my Klan robe in Manhattan :ninja: (Just kidding guys, really)[/quote]

Don't blame you there. You're a parent... I'm not. If I had kids, I might look at this differently.

It's all good Steggy. :)

[quote name='steggyD' post='207885' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:11 PM']Yeah, yeah. I know, Boomer. It's Ok, I like you city folk too. Most of you are very entertaining, to say the least. ;) [/quote]

Oh, and I'm not really "city folk". I've never lived in the city. I was born and raised in the 'burbs. Ossining, to be exact. You've been through the train station. The one where you go through the middle of the prison immediatley after. That's my home town.

I don't live there anymore, but my folks do.

However, I do like to think I'm entertaining anyway. :D

Guest steggyD
I know, I was just trying to sound country. I'm aware of Ossining. Pretty cool looking, the prison is. Don't know what it is about big concrete walls and such, I just kinda like huge architecture. I really enjoy seeing West Point every time I train down there.

[quote name='steggyD' post='207897' date='Jan 23 2006, 10:39 PM']I know, I was just trying to sound country. I'm aware of Ossining. Pretty cool looking, the prison is. Don't know what it is about big concrete walls and such, I just kinda like huge architecture. I really enjoy seeing [b]West Point [/b] every time I train down there.[/quote]

Yep, you have one hell of a scenic commute.

How about Bannerman's castle?

The Hudson line rules, as far as sightseeing goes.

I can't figure this one out based on the info but I CAN concur with the sightseeing opportunities along upstate NY along the Hudson....West Point is an amazing piece of architecture, American lore, and an honest-to-goodness serious institution of higher learning and a cool place in general. My Dad and both of my Uncles graduated from there, and I've lived there as a very young child. Michie Stadium is super-cool.

The kid should expect to catch some shit for wearing a Broncos jersey in Stooler nation. But not from the teacher. The teacher is there to set an example. I'd go so far as to say that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that some of the Steeler trolls that frequent this board had that douchebag as a teacher. Is the kid a pussy? I personally don't think so. He seems, from what little information I have, to have been raised to respect his elders. He was probably afraid to leave the room. He should have left though and gone straight to the principal. If he had gotten his ass kicked around by another kid then so be it, shit happens. But for a teacher to humiliate a kid like that....it's just fucking wrong.
MULLY

Wow, you guys are being dicks about the kid being 17.

If he would have stood up for himself in his class, he would have gotten it even worse.

I've been in that position MANY times, you don't fight back when it's happening cause you're gonna get it worse if you do.

I'm sure the kid expected trouble, I'm sure he wore just to piss people off, but to have a TEACHER do what he did, and to have a TEACHER direct the rest of the class to terrorize him is NOT what he expected.

In 5th grade, We were standing outside of the school waiting to go in for the day. It was winter and I had one of those Starter jackets on with my hands inside the coat cause it was cold. About 5 of my classmates came up behind me, grabbed my coat sleeves and dragged me over to a bike rack. They then procedded to tie me to the bike rack, wrapping the empy sleeves around a pole and knotted the slevves up as many times as they could.

I then remained outside in the cold, tied to a bike rack for 2 whole periods before anyone even thought to notice that I wasn't in class.

Now this was not teacher induced, that incident was.

If I had tried to fight back when this happened, god knows what else would have happened. I could have instead been tied to a tree behind the school where NO ONE would have seen me all day, I could have just been beat up.

Fighting back when you're the one getting picked on will only make it worse b/c there is usually a GROUP of people who are doing the bullying, one against a group...yeah those are great odds.

Bullying should not be tolerated, no matter what the age of the Kid is. Cause even if he's 17...IT'S STILL BULLYING, it does not make it magically OK just b/c he's almost an adult. I'm sure the kid expected his classmates to give him shit, but to have a TEACHER direct such a show is unexcusable.

So a Teacher clearly abuses his power, deserves to be punished and yet the kids just a pussy cause he's 17 and crying about it.

To bad most of you are not teachers or have been the kid that was bullied around. You're tune on this might be a little different.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='207987' date='Jan 24 2006, 06:33 AM']Wow, you guys are being dicks about the kid being 17.

If he would have stood up for himself in his class, he would have gotten it even worse.

I've been in that position MANY times, you don't fight back when it's happening cause you're gonna get it worse if you do.

I'm sure the kid expected trouble, I'm sure he wore just to piss people off, but to have a TEACHER do what he did, and to have a TEACHER direct the rest of the class to terrorize him is NOT what he expected.

In 5th grade, We were standing outside of the school waiting to go in for the day. It was winter and I had one of those Starter jackets on with my hands inside the coat cause it was cold. About 5 of my classmates came up behind me, grabbed my coat sleeves and dragged me over to a bike rack. They then procedded to tie me to the bike rack, wrapping the empy sleeves around a pole and knotted the slevves up as many times as they could.

I then remained outside in the cold, tied to a bike rack for 2 whole periods before anyone even thought to notice that I wasn't in class.

If I had tried to fight back when this happened, god knows what else would have happened. I could have instead been tied to a tree behind the school where NO ONE would have seen me all day, I could have just been beat up.

Fighting back when you're the one getting picked on will only make it worse b/c there is usually a GROUP of people who are doing the bullying, one against a group...yeah those are great odds.

Bullying should not be tolerated, no matter what the age of the Kid is. Cause even if he's 17...IT'S STILL BULLYING, it does not make it magically OK just b/c he's almost an adult. I'm sure the kid expected his classmates to give him shit, but to have a TEACHER direct such a show is unexcusable.

So a Teacher clearly abuses his power, deserves to be punished and yet the kids just a pussy cause he's 17 and crying about it.

To bad most of you are not teachers or have been the kid that was bullied around. You're tune on this might be a little different.[/quote]
PUSSY! :254:

I would also like to say that even though this kid is 17, and some think he's being a sissy, you should stop and REALLY think about the situation.

The teacher said that he would take points off the kids MID-TERM exam. I don't need to explain the importance of a mid-term in high school. They do carry a bit of weight on the final grade.

The kid is also in an advanced class, so his grades mean a lot to him, as does getting into a good college once he graduates.

If the kid didn't comply and sat in a chair, how many points would have been taken off?

Enough to drop him a letter grade or two?

What long term effect does that have?

It could possibly lower is overall GPA by just enought that it means the difference between getting into Princeton or Ohio State.

I'd be pissed as fuck if those few points from that teachers "Joke" were the difference between Ivy leauge and OSU.

Thats some kids life that teacher could have been fucking with.

I'd say that's a big deal.

Stop and think.

The problem with the "The kid's a pussy" arguments is that this went beyond a joke and crossed into harassment territory. Once you isolate one student in a situation completely unrelated to curriculum, you've stepped out of line. Now, as far as punishment for the teacher, may I suggest that we tie a cheeseburger just below his left knee and have Shawn Smith have a dive at it. Paybacks a bitch.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='208041' date='Jan 24 2006, 11:37 AM']The problem with the "The kid's a pussy" arguments is that this went beyond a joke and crossed into harassment territory. Once you isolate one student in a situation completely unrelated to curriculum, you've stepped out of line. Now, as far as punishment for the teacher, may I suggest that we tie a cheeseburger just below his left knee and have Shawn Smith have a dive at it. Paybacks a bitch.[/quote]

:lol: :headbang:

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='207998' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:54 AM'][quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='207987' date='Jan 24 2006, 06:33 AM']
Wow, you guys are being dicks about the kid being 17.

To bad most of you are not teachers or have been the kid that was bullied around. You're tune on this might be a little different.[/quote]
PUSSY! :254:
[/quote]
Damn Nati... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

im a big fella, im a pansy, but i look plenty mean.. if anyone, let alone a fucking school teacher, did something to publicaly ridicule my child.. i would be all over that motherfucker.... people who are fans of a team, and know thier team is better and beat a worse team, fair and square, dont act like this, they dont troll and cause problems, did we troll the vikings, bears, packers, ravens or others sites? no, we were the better team and won fair and sqwuare as we should have, if this asshat needs some form of superiority over a child as the steeler trolls needed some superiority feeling over us, its because of an insecurity, or just being a shithead... either way, the teacher should be fired, on the spot, no more pay. we all know teachers arent rich, perhaps he could ask bill cower for a place to stay or a job...

i dont care if the kid was a pussy i dont care if he dressed like a girl and wore a dress, people are different, let alone just a different sporting teams fan, to exploit it is juvenille and petty.... how else was the kid supposed to get back at the asshole? kick his ass? anything he did would have landed HIM in trouble and suspended or expelled, i hope he is threatening to sue the school.

Archived