The Waiting Game

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='OldBear' post='245443' date='Apr 7 2006, 06:09 PM']I don't know what his problem is, but if he ever got his head out of his butt, KW can be a top-line receiver.[/quote]

Washington's problem isn't his head. Look at how he conducted himself last year. His problem is that he's as slow as molasses in January going in and out of his cuts. His burst is more like an ooze.

Guest Claptonrocks
the knocks on Washington are he doesnt separate well and he doesnt play special teams....
not being a starter should be enough to see him on ST but he's reluctant to do it due to his neck injury back at the U of Tenn...
He's worth is not that of a third round pick....
luckily he's not much against the cap for the team....

Would YOU give up a 3rd-rounder for him? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]

You would??? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//44.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] :pointlaff:

NOT going to happen so stop the :1062:

[quote name='Toast' post='250787' date='Apr 17 2006, 10:50 AM']Would YOU give up a 3rd-rounder for him? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img]
You would??? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//44.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] :pointlaff:
NOT going to happen so stop the :1062:[/quote]

For the Bengals? No.
For a receiver needy team? Maybe. I still think he is better than any receiver available in this year's 3rd round.

For a receiver starved team like SF? Hell yeah.

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='248810' date='Apr 13 2006, 02:35 PM']today the chargers traded sammy davis for wr reshan woods of the 49ers,

their WR depth chart is:

Arnez Battle, Otis Amey, Jason McAddley
Rasheed Marshall

Thats not too good if you ask me[/quote]

Most draft projections have the 49ers taking Vernon Davis. If they end up with him and those WRs then Davis may have 200 receptions this season.

[quote name='sparky151' post='251100' date='Apr 17 2006, 08:51 PM']For the Bengals? No.
For a receiver needy team? Maybe. [b]I still think he is better than any receiver available in this year's 3rd round.[/b]

For a receiver starved team like SF? Hell yeah.[/quote]

Definitely.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BengalsNYC' post='250094' date='Apr 15 2006, 03:10 PM']They may see it as a sign of arrogance or being a bit too confident since he was passed over by a rookie this year. This is a pretty weak WR class and hopefully that benefits us. Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson lead this group and I like how Kelley matches up w/ either of those guys. Teams are just hesitant to cough up a 3rd Rd'er but a team like the 49'ers should really consider it. The WR depth chart consists of a ex college QB (Arnaz Battle) and three other guys who probably don't even have 200 yds receiving combined among them. They need receivers in a bad way.[/quote]

You DO realize the 49ers signed Antonio Bryant right?

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='sparky151' post='251100' date='Apr 17 2006, 08:51 PM']For the Bengals? No.
For a receiver needy team? Maybe. I still think he is better than any receiver available in this year's 3rd round.

For a receiver starved team like SF? Hell yeah.[/quote]

That's the thing though. Receiver starved teams won't look for answers in the third round. Teams that need a receiver will be picking them up in the 1st and maybe 2nd round. The question you need to ask is would you rather have Kelley or any of the talent that will be sitting around in the 3rd. This draft may not be 3 rounds deep in wide receiver talent, but it sure looks deep at enough positions to make Kelley a reach. There are serious starter quality players available in the 3rd round this year. I just don't see Kelley as that caliber of player. If I'm a team like San Francisco, there's no way I wait til the 3rd for a receiver, and grab Washington. I get a receiver (or awesome TE) in the first, a TE (or receiver) in the second, and pick up a best available in the 3rd.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
So if Kelley doesn't sign his deal what will happen? Does he have a chance to sign a deal after the draft, is he out of football for a year.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='250083' date='Apr 15 2006, 02:57 PM']I honestly think that stupid fucking squirrel dance is a strike against him. As stupid as that sounds, I think it plays a part in why a lot of Bengal fans and other teams don't like him.

I'm not against celebrations but that thing is just painful to watch. When other teams watch tape of him, they have to look at that and think "what the fuck?".

I know, I know. If he can play, what difference does it make, but at least subconsciously it's a mark against him. Makes him look beyond the realm of immaturity and entering retard territory.[/quote]

i know what you mean, but i disagree. many people like the dance, im positive a guys dance has ZERO role in a team grabbing him. he did nothing when he was on the roster full time then in his contract year couldnt even make it onto the sidelines in pads... i have a feeling no one giving a fuck about kelley washington knowing god damn well any 3rd round WR is better than he is, probably is the clincher. we may deal him after the draft for a 5th rounder next year or soemthing.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='245350' date='Apr 7 2006, 03:13 PM']ditto[/quote]

Me as well. Washington seems so fluid when he runs his routes. I like to think of him as a gazelle running out there. The only thing keeping him from being "elite" is the attitude. He needs to catch that ball regardless of potentially being hit. He needs that "it's MY ball" kind of attitude. I still think he's a solid contributor to the team.

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='255975' date='Apr 27 2006, 02:39 AM']Me as well. Washington seems so fluid when he runs his routes. I like to think of him as a gazelle running out there. The only thing keeping him from being "elite" is the attitude. He needs to catch that ball regardless of potentially being hit. He needs that "it's MY ball" kind of attitude. I still think he's a solid contributor to the team.[/quote]
The squirrel is a fantastic athlete as evidenced by his being drafted by the Florida Marlins but since his days @ Tennessee when he sustained a bad neck injury he has always feared getting that injury again and this had definitely hampered his progress

Guest fredtoast
[quote name='GoBengals' post='255815' date='Apr 26 2006, 09:00 PM']he did nothing when he was on the roster full time then in his contract year couldnt even make it onto the sidelines in pads... i have a feeling no one giving a fuck about kelley washington knowing god damn well any 3rd round WR is better than he is, probably is the clincher.[/quote]

Actually in his first two seasons he had more TD receptions than TJ and CJ had COMBINED in their first two seasons.

He was ahead of Henry until he got injured in the preseason.

Also this is a very thin year for WRs in the draft. there is no third round WR that would be as good as Kelley Washington.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='256302' date='Apr 27 2006, 02:45 PM'][b]Actually in his first two seasons he had more TD receptions than TJ and CJ had COMBINED in their first two seasons.
[/b]
He was ahead of Henry until he got injured in the preseason.

Also this is a very thin year for WRs in the draft. there is no third round WR that would be as good as Kelley Washington.[/quote]

and in 1987 jerry rice had 22 TD receptions.. perhaps we should sign him up.

i guy who cant make the active roster WHEN 100% HEALTHY, isnt going to impress me with what he did years ago.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='255815' date='Apr 26 2006, 08:00 PM']i know what you mean, but i disagree. many people like the dance, im positive a guys dance has ZERO role in a team grabbing him. he did nothing when he was on the roster full time then in his contract year couldnt even make it onto the sidelines in pads... i have a feeling no one giving a fuck about kelley washington knowing god damn well any 3rd round WR is better than he is, probably is the clincher. we may deal him after the draft for a 5th rounder next year or soemthing.[/quote]Hey he did look good in camp last year....That should be worth a third round pick....

I think that the general consensus should be that nobody really gives a fuck whether his underachieving ass stays or goes, unless Henry gets murdered in a drive-by shooting and Tab Perry blows out his knee, while Chris Perry re-injures his hernia and simultaneously goes on the IR along with TJ with a ponytail injury, thus leaving Chad as our only receiver.....

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Bunghole' post='256538' date='Apr 27 2006, 09:16 PM']I think that the general consensus should be that nobody really gives a fuck whether his underachieving ass stays or goes, unless Henry gets murdered in a drive-by shooting and Tab Perry blows out his knee, while Chris Perry re-injures his hernia and simultaneously goes on the IR along with TJ with a ponytail injury, thus leaving Chad as our only receiver.....[/quote]

i want washington here, regardless of who we have at WR.

Archived