The Israel Invasion Thread

Nati Ice

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='293058' date='Jul 13 2006, 12:31 AM']This isnt good.
[url="http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=newsOne&storyID=2006-07-13T035031Z_01_L136400_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-LEBANON-AIRPORT.xml"]http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle....NON-AIRPORT.xml[/url][/quote]

[b]I guess it isn't terrorism when you attack another countries airport ... but drop the bomb from a plane .... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='293070' date='Jul 13 2006, 12:45 AM']The thing that worries me is that our support for them isnt likely to change, and Im a bit worried that if they keep going like this it will pull us into it as well.[/quote]

[b]They have already pulled us into Iraq .... this would be the key time for them to stir shit up ... with big Uncle Sam in the neighborhood to come to the rescue if things get too hairy ...

Basically Israel is just going to continue attacking civilians, people, countries, etc .... Until someone really lays a good deserving shot on their ass .... and then they will use that attack as an escuse to attack more people and expel the Palestinians.

for them it is a win-win. If nobody stops them they'll just kill away till they tire of it. As soon as the Palestinians or Hezbollah etc retaliate ... and get a large attack on Israelis ... then they'll use it as justification to really start carpet bombing people. [/b]

Guest steggyD
What if we're setting them up? What if we make them think that we're going to be there for them, get the entire middle east angry, then pull out when shit hits the fan?

Hmm, the conspiracy behind the conspiracy...

Btw, I'm only half-joking here, and being imaginative, don't go calling me a dumbass.

[quote name='steggyD' post='293079' date='Jul 13 2006, 01:05 AM']What if we're setting them up? What if we make them think that we're going to be there for them, get the entire middle east angry, then pull out when shit hits the fan?

Btw, I'm only half-joking here, and being imaginative, don't go calling me a dumbass.[/quote]

i wish that your right on that one! let them take care of them selfs :whistle:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='steggyD' post='293079' date='Jul 13 2006, 01:05 AM']What if we're setting them up? What if we make them think that we're going to be there for them, get the entire middle east angry, then pull out when shit hits the fan?

Btw, I'm only half-joking here, and being imaginative, don't go calling me a dumbass.[/quote]

[b]actually that was the best idea you've had in a while .... too bad it isn't true. <_< [/b]

Guest steggyD
Actually, if you think about it, we seemed to have been pulling out of the area recently, as far as our Navy goes.

[url="http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy.asp?id=146"]http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy.asp?id=146[/url]

A carrier recently arrived home, in California. Other than that, we have no carriers in the immediate area. Otherwise, we have one ESG in the Red Sea, and a command ship in the Med.

[url="http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.4753"]http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.4753[/url]

There's the British Naval positions. They have a small presence there.

I also understand that there are other European ships patrolling the area right now. I don't know how to look those up though. Maybe it is a ploy to get them involved, take some of the weight off of our backs.

A decent theory, though.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='steggyD' post='293095' date='Jul 13 2006, 02:08 AM']Actually, if you think about it, we seemed to have been pulling out of the area recently, as far as our Navy goes.

[url="http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy.asp?id=146"]http://www.navy.mil/navydata/navy_legacy.asp?id=146[/url]

A carrier recently arrived home, in California. Other than that, we have no carriers in the immediate area. Otherwise, we have one ESG in the Red Sea, and a command ship in the Med.

[url="http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.4753"]http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.4753[/url]

There's the British Naval positions. They have a small presence there.

I also understand that there are other European ships patrolling the area right now. I don't know how to look those up though. Maybe it is a ploy to get them involved, take some of the weight off of our backs.

A decent theory, though.[/quote]

[b]problem is that the U.S. could never pull it off because Mossad is potentially tapped into millions of Americans phone lines as they heavily spy on the US population ... and the Zionists literally make up about half of Bush's inner circle ....

Not to mention who knows how many Mossad cells are in the U.S. .... I would estimate hundreds of them ... all well funded and dorment just in case the U.S. ever did come to their senses. [/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Holy shit ...

if you ever doubted that the major US media was affected by the fact that it is all owned by Zionists .... just watch the damn news tomorrow.

Just in like the last 10 minutes ... I have heard lead stories talking about how Israel is defending themself by attacking the Beirut airport ... and they are now saying that Hezbollah kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers = WHILE FAILING TO mention that those Israeli Soldiers [u]were taken inside of Lebanon[/u] = after they violated Lebanons sovereignty and crossed their borders. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='293103' date='Jul 13 2006, 12:56 AM'][b]Holy shit ...
if you ever doubted that the major US media was affected by the fact that it is all owned by Zionists .... just watch the damn news tomorrow.
Just in like the last 10 minutes ... I have heard lead stories talking about how Israel is defending themself by attacking the Beirut airport ... and they are now saying that Hezbollah kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers = WHILE FAILING TO mention that those Israeli Soldiers [u]were taken inside of Lebanon[/u] = after they violated Lebanons sovereignty and crossed their borders. [/b][/quote]
Where did you see that the soldiers were kidnapped while inside Lebanon?

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='293171' date='Jul 13 2006, 09:08 AM']Escalation. Wouldn't surprise me to see Syria involved within the next few days.

Where do they get these names? "Operation Adequate Retribution."

I'm waiting for "Operation Pull The Rabbit Out Of The Hat" to follow closely on the heels of "Operation Bullwinkle."[/quote]
That's funny. I often wondered at that myself. it seems there is an endless litany of cheesy names for military operations. And let's not even mention acronyms..... :onoudidnt:

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='293310' date='Jul 13 2006, 03:05 PM']Well some people will enjoy this...

[url="http://news.netscape.com/story/2006/07/13/fox-crew-shot-at-in-israel/"]http://news.netscape.com/story/2006/07/13/...t-at-in-israel/[/url][/quote]

this is why i'm happy being in the middle of this battle, and not on one side or the other...

you have the [url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1664483/posts"]crazy ass right[/url] w/ comments like this:

[i]- I told my husband this morning that Isaiah 17 maybe fulfilled tonight or tomorrow.[/i]

[i]- For those of us watching scripture and the daily news, remember according to scripture Israel does not come out unscathed, though she does come out victorious. Pray for Israel and her people, God bless them![/i]

[i]- Go Jews, Go! [/i]

[i]- On the other hand...we have troops, Navy ships, etc., already in that area...

I betcha the word has already been put out to send more by now.[/i]

i'm sure that similar responses are coming from news like this, about israel... i think both sides are FUCKING NUTS!!!

personally, i think this whole war sucks ass....

Let's keep this thread active and not start another Israel invasion thread. So what are you all thinking now that Israel has almost pulled out all the stops on Lebanon? Fear, loathing, Las vegas?
I for one am appalled at the depth of the Israeli incursion, but they are going to do what they are going to do.
I just hope my gut is wrong and I'm not smelling Syrian, Iranian and US involvement in this recent escalation of attacks...from both sides.
This could very well pour into the entire region....and if nukes get involved (I don't think that they will) it will be all over.
I also think that Israel is about to wipe Lebanon and anyone else that dares to take them on off the map.
Not saying they are right, but they have the capability....

Don't know what to think. I hope it is just another short burst of military strikes and it will cool off but it doesn't look that way. If the shit hits the fan we just need to draw our troops back and take care of things here because it will spill over here with the mix we have here at home. <_<

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#006600"][b]Now the Israeli civilians are getting in the Mix .... [/b] [/color]

[size=3][u][quote]Extremist group: We kidnapped 2 Palestinians[/u][/size]

‘Gilad Shalhevet Brigades’ organization claims it kidnapped two Palestinians, residents of the Jerusalem area. Group says hostages will be released only in exchange for Israeli soldiers abducted in Gaza, Lebanon
Efrat Weiss

An extremist organization called the “Gilad Shalhevet Brigades” claimed it kidnapped two Palestinians, residents of the Jerusalem area. In a statement issued by the groups it was said that the hostages will be released only in exchange for the Israeli soldiers abducted in Gaza and Lebanon.

Jerusalem District Police said they are looking into the group’s claim.

Thursday afternoon the Ynet news desk received a statement reading: “For your information, a few minutes ago we kidnapped two Palestinian workers in the Jerusalem area. The two are being held in a hidden location and we will conduct negotiation for their release through the media.

“We demand the immediate release of the kidnapped (Israeli) soldiers; if they will not be released within the next 48 hours, the lives of the Palestinians will be in danger.”

The announcement has not been confirmed as of yet.

The “Shalhevet Gilad Brigades” is an extremist organization that has claimed responsibility for past shooting attacks in which Palestinians were murdered in the territories, but until now no proof has surfaced linking the group to the actual incidents, and no arrests have been made.[/quote]

[url="http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3275195,00.html"]http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3275195,00.html[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='293125' date='Jul 13 2006, 08:03 AM']Where did you see that the soldiers were kidnapped while inside Lebanon?[/quote]

[b]I have seen reports of both stories .... ones that they were taken while they were already inside of Lebanon ... others that that they were taken inside Israel ...

The inside Lebanon version is usually from press favorable to Palestine and the other version is from press in the US or west favorable to Israel ...

so who knows really for right now ?[/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#FF0000"][b]Keep this in mind ... as you follow this developing story here in the U.S. [/b][/color]

[center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/0001b4f0.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote][size=3][u][b][size=5]The Israel Lobby [/size] [/b]
Michael Massing
THE NATION
May 23, 2002[/u][/size]

On May 2 the Senate, in a vote of 94 to 2, and the House, 352 to 21, expressed unqualified support for Israel in its recent military actions against the Palestinians. The resolutions were so strong that the Bush Administration--hardly a slouch when it comes to supporting Israel--attempted to soften its language so as to have more room in getting peace talks going. But its pleas were rejected, and members of Congress from Joe Lieberman to Tom DeLay competed to heap praise on Ariel Sharon and disdain on Yasir Arafat. Reporting on the vote, the New York Times noted that one of the few dissenters, Senator Ernest Hollings of South Carolina, "suggested that many senators were after campaign contributions."

Aside from that brief reference, however, the Times made no mention of the role that money, or lobbying in general, may have played in the lopsided vote. More specifically, the Times made no mention of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. It's a remarkable oversight. AIPAC is widely regarded as the most powerful foreign-policy lobby in Washington. Its 60,000 members shower millions of dollars on hundreds of members of Congress on both sides of the aisle. It also maintains a network of wealthy and influential citizens around the country, whom it can regularly mobilize to support its main goal, which is making sure there is "no daylight" between the policies of Israel and of the United States.

So, when Congress votes so decisively in support of Israel, it's no accident. Yet, surveying US newspaper coverage of the Middle East in recent months, I found next to nothing about AIPAC and its influence. The one account of any substance appeared in the Washington Post, in late April. Reporting on AIPAC's annual conference, correspondent Mike Allen noted that the attendees included half the Senate, ninety members of the House and thirteen senior Administration officials, including White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card, who drew a standing ovation when he declared in Hebrew, "The people of Israel live." Showing its "clout," Allen wrote, AIPAC held "a lively roll call of the hundreds of dignitaries, with individual cheers for each." Even this article, however, failed to probe beneath the surface and examine the lobbying and fundraising techniques AIPAC uses to lock up support in Congress.

AIPAC is not the only pro-Israel organization to escape scrutiny. The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, though little known to the general public, has tremendous influence in Washington, especially with the executive branch. Based in New York, the conference is supposed to give voice to the fifty-two Jewish organizations that sit on its board, but in reality it tends to reflect the views of its executive vice chairman, Malcolm Hoenlein. Hoenlein has long had close ties to Israel's Likud Party. In the 1990s he helped raise money for settlers' groups on the West Bank, and today he regularly refers to that region as "Judea and Samaria," a biblically inspired catch phrase used by conservatives to justify the presence of Jewish settlers there. A skilled and articulate operative, Hoenlein uses his access to the State Department, Pentagon and National Security Council to push for a strong Israel. He's so effective at it that the Jewish newspaper the Forward, in its annual list of the fifty most important American Jews, has ranked Hoenlein first.

Hoenlein showed his organizing skills in April, when he helped convene the large pro-Israel rally on Capitol Hill. While the event itself was widely covered, Hoenlein, and the conference, remained invisible. An informal survey of recent coverage turned up not a single in-depth piece about Hoenlein and how he has used the Presidents Conference to keep the Bush Administration from putting too much pressure on the Sharon government.

Why the blackout? For one thing, reporting on these groups is not easy. AIPAC's power makes potential sources reluctant to discuss the organization on the record, and employees who leave it usually sign pledges of silence. AIPAC officials themselves rarely give interviews, and the organization even resists divulging its board of directors. Journalists, meanwhile, are often loath to write about the influence of organized Jewry. Throughout the Arab world, the "Jewish lobby" is seen as the root of all evil in the Middle East, and many reporters and editors--especially Jewish ones--worry about feeding such stereotypes.

In the end, though, the main obstacle to covering these groups is fear. Jewish organizations are quick to detect bias in the coverage of the Middle East, and quick to complain about it. That's especially true of late. As the Forward observed in late April, "rooting out perceived anti-Israel bias in the media has become for many American Jews the most direct and emotional outlet for connecting with the conflict 6,000 miles away." Recently, an estimated 1,000 subscribers to the Los Angeles Times suspended home delivery for a day to protest what they considered the paper's pro-Palestinian coverage. The Chicago Tribune, the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Miami Herald have all been hit by similar protests, and NPR has received thousands of e-mails complaining about its reports from the Middle East.

Do such protests have an effect? Consider the recent experience of the New York Times. On May 6 the paper ran two photographs of a pro-Israel parade in Manhattan. Both showed the parade in the background and anti-Israel protesters prominently in the foreground. The paper, which for weeks has been threatened with a boycott by Jewish readers, was deluged with protests. On May 7 the Times ran an abject apology. That caused much consternation in the newsroom, with some reporters and editors feeling that the paper had buckled before an influential constituency. "It's very intimidating," said a correspondent at another large daily who is familiar with the incident. Newspapers, he added, are "afraid" of organizations like AIPAC and the Presidents Conference. "The pressure from these groups is relentless. Editors would just as soon not touch them."

Needless to say, US support for Israel is the product of many factors--Israel's status as the sole democracy in the Middle East, its value as a US strategic ally and widespread horror over Palestinian suicide bombers. But the power of the pro-Israel lobby is an important element as well. Indeed, it's impossible to understand the Bush Administration's tender treatment of the Sharon government without taking into account the influence of groups like AIPAC. Isn't it time they were exposed to the daylight?[/quote]

[url="http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020610/massing"]http://www.thenation.com/doc/20020610/massing[/url]

Guest steggyD

Palestinian supporters fight back...

Via the internet. :D

[quote]Pro-Palestinian hackers attack Israeli websites
The fighting between the Palestinians and Israelis has expanded into the internet battle field yesterday, with 700 Israeli web domains being hacked by worms and viruses planted by hackers sympathetic to the Palestinians. The group call themselves "Team-Evil" and claim to be based out of Morocco. They have been spreading their 'evil' since 2004.

A range of different Web sites were targeted by the group, including Web sites of banks, medical centers, car manufacturers and pension funds. Well-known companies and organizations, including Bank Hapoalim, the Rambam Medical Center, Bank Otsar Ha-Hayal, BMW Israel, Subaru Israel and Citr en Israel, real estate company Tarbut-Hadiur and the Jump fashion Web site all found their Web sites shut down and replaced by the message: "Hacked by Team-Evil Arab hackers u KILL palestin people we KILL Israel servers".
...[/quote]

[url="http://www.freedomszone.com/archives/2006/06/propalestinian_hackers_attack.php"]http://www.freedomszone.com/archives/2006/...kers_attack.php[/url]

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Looks like this new documentary coming out will be pretty timely ... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] - [size=3][color="#CC0000"]"Occupation 101" [/color] [/size]

View the Powerful Trailer [color="#006600"]--->[/color] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdEjGrbcPQ&eurl="]Link[/url]

Watch the first 4 minutes of the film (which are excellent) [color="#006600"]---> [/color] [url="http://www.occupation101.com/Intro_stream_hi.html"]Link[/url]

The Films Website [color="#006600"]--->[/color] [url="http://www.occupation101.com/index.html"]Link[/url]

[color="#3333FF"] :contract: [color="#006600"]--->[/color] FACT: Israel, whose population is 0.1% of the total world population, gets roughly 30 % of all US foreign aid. (More than the entire continent of Africa.) [/b][/color]

Archived