Helmet to Helmet penalty

Why was there not a penalty called against Cleveland on the Chad Johnson hit. Helmet to helmet, Chad had no chance of catching the ball and was out of the play. I thought helmet to helmet was an automatic penalty now? Bulletin board material if nothing else I guess.

I think helmet to helmet applies if it's the tops of the helmet. These guys are going to run face mask into each other left and right. I could be wrong but that's the way I thought it meant. Going head first and smashing helmets. Anyone? Bueller?
MULLY

[quote name='staticx682000' post='342454' date='Sep 17 2006, 04:57 PM']I say this hit on chad was a long time in the works,as much as chad talks shit and all he is on tv.Some people can only take so much and he hit chad clean,and cleaned his clock...I'm not hating,i'm just suprised this hit took this long...[/quote]
Yeah, point taken. Chad sure does seem to get his share of "extra-cirricular" hits, shoves, elbows, etc. both during and after the whistle, and I'm sure it's due to the attention he brings on himself and opponents taking their revenge.

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='342442' date='Sep 17 2006, 04:48 PM']i agree, that was an obvious helmet to helmet hit. I'm glad he was ok. We won, but we were beat up. Braham, Pollack, D. Jackson TJ and Levi were already out. Next week will be rough w/o some or all of those players. I guess it's time to test out our depth.[/quote]

Tab was limping off after the final kick-off.

[quote name='esjbh2' post='342466' date='Sep 17 2006, 05:08 PM']Yeah, point taken. Chad sure does seem to get his share of "extra-cirricular" hits, shoves, elbows, etc. both during and after the whistle, and I'm sure it's due to the attention he brings on himself and opponents taking their revenge.[/quote]

as much as i luv chad, it's pretty hard to make an argument against that. he seems to bring a lot of crap his own way.

Archived