WARNING! OFF-Color Bengals joke ahead!!!

[quote name='sneaky' post='435406' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:59 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, you are wrong.

Example:

I'm assuming you are white, and a white guy comes up to you and calls you or somebody else a "crackah" or "honkey"
while telling a joke........

Whether that offends you are not, you can't call the guy a racist because the irony of it all, is that he is using racially derogatory
language against white people and he's white himself. A lot of people could find humor in that just for that reason alone.

The same would apply for other races. Blacks can call other blacks, "niggers", and Jews can call other Jews, "hymies" and
Latinos can call other Latinos, "spics" and etcetera.

If you belong to the same race that you are making derogatory comments about, you are not a racist. You may be either stupid or insane but by realistic definition, you can't be a self-hating racist.

Are we clear now?

[/b][/color][/quote]

The difference is that if a black publicly made a derogatory comment about whites, he wouldn't get sued, fined, fired, ruined or even chastised at all. The reaction would be: "He was just making a joke. Lighten up people!".

[quote name='Hooky' post='435578' date='Feb 1 2007, 08:03 AM']You speak for all of society now? And this "Go down to the hood and say that" retort is getting old. No matter how many times Onyx says it, you think that a joke about a white guy getting his ass kicked by a bunch of blacks is hilarious. Who's fucked up now?[/quote]

Oh give me a break, you know damned well what society's opinion is on the matter and I dont have to "speak for them" quit twisting it. The point about going downtown and making that joke is that the reality is you cant, and we both know this, that wasnt a joke about a white guy getting beat up it was an illistration about the reality of making that joke in front of those you wouldnt make it on as opposed to the comfort of making it on the net. Twist that however you want you know what Im saying is true.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='435562' date='Feb 1 2007, 04:11 AM']racist[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

how the fuck is that racist?

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='435433' date='Jan 31 2007, 07:45 PM']The white people dont have a reason to be offended tho because they control everyone into their way of thinking. They make themselves look better by not getting offended and not becoming defensive as other races get defensive and are offended. Then the whites use this to make themselves look like the "superior race" and continue to fuck all other races over. It is wrong as fuck, but imo thats what happens. White people run the news and they mention all the minorities getting arrested and causing crimes because it makes the minorities look worse than the whites. You rarely see a white person on the news for something negative because that takes away from the "superior race" image that white people try to keep up. Thats how i see all this shit at least.[/quote]
WTF are you talking about? This has to be the dumbest post I have ever seen on this board, or any board for that matter. No one is making themselves "look better" by not laughing at a joke that is exactly that: a joke. These things should not be taken so fucking seriously. That's where the problems come from. It's like anything else; if you don't like it, change the channel/turn the TV off/click away from the thread/walk away/leave. No one runs the news to show minorities getting arrested. It's to report the news. Nothing more or less. There's no "'superior race' image" anyone's trying to keep up. Those are what we call racists.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we didn't see color in a person at all? Unfortunately, at least in any of our lifetimes, I don't believe it will ever happen. Race is always going to be an issue in this country, that's just the way it is. Of course there is going to be a big deal about two (one) black head coaches being in the super bowl for the first time, and I don't see a problem with it, as it is a great accomplishment and means a lot for African Americans all over the country. Will there be as big of a deal about it next time? No, I don't think so.
As for the "N" word, which i think is the most dirtiest word in the English language, I surely never say it (or type it) because being a caucasian I know what the word represents and it's not my place to say it. African Americans saying it? i honestly don't understand why they use that word, but i don't think it's my place to say whether they should or not
The whole joke thing you guys are talking about, I dont' know what's right, but sometimes I think people are way too sensitive anymore...

[quote name='sneaky' post='435406' date='Jan 31 2007, 06:59 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, you are wrong.

Example:

I'm assuming you are white, and a white guy comes up to you and calls you or somebody else a "crackah" or "honkey"
while telling a joke........

Whether that offends you are not, you can't call the guy a racist because the irony of it all, is that he is using racially derogatory
language against white people and he's white himself. A lot of people could find humor in that just for that reason alone.

The same would apply for other races. Blacks can call other blacks, "niggers", and Jews can call other Jews, "hymies" and
Latinos can call other Latinos, "spics" and etcetera.

If you belong to the same race that you are making derogatory comments about, you are not a racist. You may be either stupid or insane but by realistic definition, you can't be a self-hating racist.

Are we clear now?

[/b][/color][/quote]

I was with ya sneaky until I saw that you posted this in the "what do I believe forum":

"that NASCAR stands for Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks"

Is one not as bad as the other?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='436448' date='Feb 3 2007, 01:26 PM']I was with ya sneaky until I saw that you posted this in the "what do I believe forum":

"that NASCAR stands for Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks"

Is one not as bad as the other?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I have always viewed the moniker "redneck" as an insult associated with some one's class in society
not as a racial one. However some people want to believe that the word is just as bad as other
derogatory racial slurs. If you are one of those people, I apologize if it offended you.[/b][/color]

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='sneaky' post='436458' date='Feb 3 2007, 02:41 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I have always viewed the moniker "redneck" as an insult associated with some one's class in society
not as a racial one. However some people want to believe that the word is just as bad as other
derogatory racial slurs. If you are one of those people, I apologize if it offended you.[/b][/color][/quote]
he is reaching to fuck with you. we were discussing all of these words in one of my education classes the other day: redneck we agreed was based on class and white trash we agreed was based on an attitude. just thought it was funny that all this started up on here cuz we had just discussed these very things in class. (we talk about a lot of racial and diversity things at miami and its kinda funny because miami has no diversity).

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='436467' date='Feb 3 2007, 03:18 PM']he is reaching to fuck with you. we were discussing all of these words in one of my education classes the other day: redneck we agreed was based on class and white trash we agreed was based on an attitude. just thought it was funny that all this started up on here cuz we had just discussed these very things in class. (we talk about a lot of racial and diversity things at miami and its kinda funny because miami has no diversity).[/quote]

I am glad your panel of "experts" agreed it was based on class. :ninja: To me a racial statement, slur, or anything of the sort is wrong, especially when you are not part of the race you are making the statement about. I really wish that African Americans would refrain from using the N word when refering to each other because I believe it would show themselves as having more self respect and would discourage anyone from ever using the word again.

I am not reaching just to fuck with him...not even trying to fuck with him. Just pointing out something I saw in another thread which contradicted the statement I quoted from sneaky.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='436494' date='Feb 3 2007, 04:34 PM']I am glad your panel of "experts" agreed it was based on class. :ninja: To me a racial statement, slur, or anything of the sort is wrong, especially when you are not part of the race you are making the statement about. I really wish that African Americans would refrain from using the N word when refering to each other because I believe it would show themselves as having more self respect and would discourage anyone from ever using the word again.

I am not reaching just to fuck with him...not even trying to fuck with him. Just pointing out something I saw in another thread which contradicted the statement I quoted from sneaky.[/quote]

i'm glad you pointed it out, now i know that sneaky hates all poor white people.

Guest Agent Orange
Gotta love how a thread about a harmless off color joke turns into a debate

seems like this crap happens way too often here...

and Hooky, you are right. Some may have not found it funny but if someone like Dave Chappele had said it, I bet it would be a different story..

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Killa Nati' post='448078' date='Mar 1 2007, 06:07 PM']WTF, U think dat diz iz a fuck'n joke wigga!!! Fuck U Fo Makin Diz Thread U Fuck'n White Son Of A Bitch...Im Back Muthafuckaz!!! Fuck Ya'll White Devil'z Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!![/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Thank you for putting that so eloquently, we have definitely missed your class around here and it is an honor
to have you back.[/b][/color]

:bowdown:

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Archived