RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

Guest mongoloido
It's either false, or he's done for. I just can't muster up the energy to care either way. I think we have a good group of linebackers, and we'll win with him or without him.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='495237' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:15 PM']It's either false, or he's done for. I just can't muster up the energy to care either way. I think we have a good group of linebackers, and we'll win with him or without him.[/quote]
You're absolutely right Mongo, and I agree with you, but dammit I want Odell to make it back. If he's really done something this stupid, so close to his reinstatement fuck him. But I'm not giving up on him till Marvin does.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='495216' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:05 PM']I thought he was in rehab?[/quote]

Well, this is from the thread about him getting 6 days.

[quote]Since his arrest he has completed an in-patient treatment program as well an intensive outpatient treatment, he said in court.[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=32122"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=32122[/url]

It's made it onto wikipedia so it's only a matter of time before it makes it to ESPN. Betcha they make it their cover story too <_<

[quote]On June 4th, 2007, It was reported by anonymous sources that Thurman was involved in an altercation in Georgia over the past weekend. "Thurman attended a house party in his hometown of Monticello, Georgia Saturday night. At around 3 a.m. on Sunday morning, he was grinding on another partygoer's girlfriend, which upset the partygoer in question. Said partygoer asked Thurman to stop, then returned his attention to a game of pool. Then, allegedly Thurman ran up to the guy, pushed him down, and kicked the shit out of his face knocking the guy out. He then left, and moments later came back with his entourage carrying guns. Some of the people there were able to calm him down, and get him to leave for good. No charges have been filed but are expected by the end of the day (June 4th, 2007). ***Please Update Accordingly via [8][/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odell_Thurman"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odell_Thurman[/url]

Guest mongoloido

Honestly, I hope it's false just to keep us out of the headlines again. Other than that, I just don't really care if O'Dell is on the team. In my mind, this has to be false, he has to get reinstated, he has to make the team, he has to get on the field, and he has to do some special things for this team before he really matters to me. It's a long road for him to travel before I cheer for him (not that he cares if I cheer for him). Until then, I'm more interested in seeing if guys like Earl Everett and Blue Adams can fight their way into contributing to the team. :)

im told this is BS, was someone pretending to be him or looked like him, but i dont completely believe my source at this point.

i sure hope its BS, tho if it were true, the REAL media would be all over it, far before "with leather"

thansk for the post tho, and thanks for posting "RUMOR" in front.. :thumbsup:

people get psycho around here.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Actium' post='495264' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:30 PM']:thumbsup: It's not known as the Pravda of the Football World for nothing[/quote]

That's awesome. In junior high, we spent a year on Russian History (Gotta love private schooling during the Cold War. We were all supposed to learn Russian history, and then take Russian as a foreign language). Our teacher had all of these great Pravda clippings that she matched up with New York Times articles on the same subject. The differences were absolutely hilarious.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='495271' date='Jun 4 2007, 02:36 PM']That's awesome. In junior high, we spent a year on Russian History (Gotta love private schooling during the Cold War. We were all supposed to learn Russian history, and then take Russian as a foreign language). Our teacher had all of these great Pravda clippings that she matched up with New York Times articles on the same subject. The differences were absolutely hilarious.[/quote]

There's nothing quite like a totalitarian state-controlled mass media organ for unintentional hilarity.

It just goes to show, truth is malleable. Which we as fans of the "hard-core ruggish thuggish Bone...I mean Bengals" know all about.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='495260' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:29 PM']Meh.... until PFT reports on it, then I'm not going to believe it.
:D[/quote]

:lol:
[quote name='GoBengals' post='495267' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:34 PM'][b]im told this is BS, was someone pretending to be him or looked like him[/b], but i dont completely believe my source at this point.

i sure hope its BS, tho if it were true, the REAL media would be all over it, far before "with leather"
people get psycho around here.[/quote]
I sure hope this is right. I'm not betting the future of the team on Odell's contributions, nor is Marvin, but I'd rather see him succeed than fail.

Guest BlackJesus

[center][font="Arial Narrow"][size=5] :shakesfist: [b]This better be a rumor ....

[img]http://www.jtgibson.ca/images/shoot_the_dog.jpg[/img][/b][/size][/font][/center]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='495267' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:34 PM']im told this is BS, was someone pretending to be him or looked like him, but i dont completely believe my source at this point.

people get psycho around here.[/quote]

Agree 100%

Plus innocent until proven guilty, right Edmondson? :contract:

Archived