RUMOR - Odell stomps some dude at a party

[quote name='IKOTA' post='495291' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:50 PM']I can't imagine even Odell Thurman would be that stupid to screw up in such a blantant manner as this when his professional football career is dependant on him staying out of trouble. I can't imagine that Odell would go and beat someone's ass for simply being asked to stop grinding on the dude's girlfriend. I refuse to believe this story.....[/quote]

Stranger things have happened when young guys start thinking with the wrong head. <_<

This story once again brings up the environment that Goodell has created for some of the players. Any asshole steeler fan (or raven fan) can do more than Big Ben (or Ray Lewis) himself to help his favorite team win a division championship...simply by provoking certain individuals into fighting. :rant:

[quote name='rizzy' post='495286' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:49 PM']this has to be 100% false

this guy reporting this now put up a picture of this supposed guy that got the shit kicked out of him by odell

this is supposed to show his split lip from odells foot

[img]http://www.withleather.com//ul/672-jacked%20up.jpg[/img]

His lip would not look like that if it just happened that is a lip of someone that messed it up a long time ago and there are no other markings on him at all

what a moron this person is he doesn't deserve all the traffic his website is getting[/quote]

I doubt this pencil necked geek even likes chics so therefore it has to be a lie.

Guest rmcna86394
Wouldn't the police report be public if he truely was arrested?

edit: Jasper county police record search has no records for the name of odell thurman past or present.

[quote name='rmcna86394' post='495427' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:30 PM']Wouldn't the police report be public if he truely was arrested?

edit: Jasper county police record search has no records for the name of odell thurman past or present.[/quote]

it doesnt say he was arrested, just that he stomped some guy..

[quote name='TigerJ@w' post='495429' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:33 PM']Does anyone find it kind of odd that this site has a link to Thurman jerseys on sale at ebay and a link to PBS to get tickets?[/quote]

no, its just an add system, click another topic and article and it has shit associated with that topic, its content based advertising...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='495294' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:53 PM']Plus look at him. No way does he have a girlfriend.
:ninja:[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Storm' post='495296' date='Jun 4 2007, 03:55 PM']He doesn't have an earlobe either, must have mistaken Odel for Mike Tyson[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest rmcna86394
[quote name='GoBengals' post='495431' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:41 PM']it doesnt say he was arrested, just that he stomped some guy..
no, its just an add system, click another topic and article and it has shit associated with that topic, its content based advertising...[/quote]

oh well no biggie then....people are freaking out over nothing. Even if it was true.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='GoBengals' post='495431' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:41 PM']it doesnt say he was arrested, just that he stomped some guy..[/quote]

I was reading through the comments posted, and saw this one:

[quote]06/04/2007 17:02
DatDude says
[b]This story is 100% true. I was there. There is a court date Friday around noon.[/b][/quote]

This whole thing doesn't make sense to me...

1) A guy who hangs with a group of gun toters asks Odell politely to stop dry-humping his lady, and walks away.

2) Odell, trying to get back into the NFL, loses it and attacks a dude who was shooting pool.

3) He then makes matters worse by getting his gun toting friends to return with him after having guns pulled on him.

4) No one can confirm any arrests, let alone Odells, and yet this DatDude is saying there's a court date.

5) Absolutely no credible source is saying a darned thing about it, when they've jumped on everything bad that has actually happened (and not happened, in the case of Henry's drug test).

6) I think we can all agree the picture is bogus.

I guess it's possible the credible sources got bit with the drug test, and are waiting on verifiable sources. However, why haven't they found any yet? It's June. It's a Bengal. There was a fight. There were guns. There were apparently cops.

There just isn't enough to say the whole thing is crap, but there's almost nothing to say the story is righteous either. It smells to me mostly like a site trying to get noticed.

Guest ONYX

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='495442' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:09 PM']how does getting your ass kicked give you a cleft pallet?[/quote]

<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, people are born with it. It is a minor birth defect of the lip that is more common amongst boys.

It has to be repaired surgically, but it leaves a scar on the lip that lasts for life.
[/b][/color]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate[/url]

did you guys read the comments from posters on that page ? fucking silly ass mother fuckers!

[quote]There are 19 comments about this post:

06/04/2007 14:30DeadlyDeadlyHawk says
I think he might have stolen my bike too.

06/04/2007 14:30BigFan says
This terrible slander against the fine upstanding gentlemen of the Bengals Organization must cease.

06/04/2007 14:31hbick says
Pacman Jones < Odell Thurman

pacman ain't got shit on that, kicking someone's teeth out (hopefully), then showing up with an entourage full of guns.

06/04/2007 14:32Mike01 says
Gomer Pyle was overheard saying, "Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!" as he and other partygoers shuffled towards the door.

06/04/2007 14:34Hercules Rockefeller says
Odell's got a real good head on his shoulders there. He's always thinking.

06/04/2007 14:34TEXAS says
I think that ALL the Bengals should be forced to wear their uniform when in public. Kinda like this guy:

06/04/2007 14:34Ben Ogilvie Home Perm says
According to the tipster, Thurman attended a house double-wide party in his hometown of Monticello, Georgia Saturday night.

06/04/2007 14:34Punch Rockgroin says
I wonder if this will hurt his chances for reinstatement?

06/04/2007 14:37mynamehere says
Seems like the Bengals should just remove the black from their uniforms. You can't argue with that kind of seamless move from work to home wardrobe.

06/04/2007 14:38lieutenant winslow says
a handsome anonymous tipster has reported...

i didnt know there were more than one of us.

06/04/2007 14:40Raskolnikov says
He's got pecs and tecs.

06/04/2007 14:41Weed Against Speed says
This post is just making Gary Sheffield's comments more famous.

06/04/2007 14:42Punch Rockgroin says
Doesn't seem like he knew what the legal definition of "Probation" is. Two years is a long time... he didn't even make two days.

06/04/2007 14:44Tim says
"Honey, should we invite some of the Bengals to our party?""Great idea."
You say "the Bengals' embattled linebacker" like there's only one.

06/04/2007 14:51hardawayhatesyou says
he was grinding on another partygoer's girlfriend, which upset the partygoer in question.

"Mind if I dance with yo date?"

06/04/2007 14:54Grimey says
"It was a FIREFIGHT!!!!!"

06/04/2007 15:01MaxwellDemon says
What a coincidence. I went to a party at a friend's house and we played a spirited game of Pictionary. Because I won't let the man keep me down neither.

06/04/2007 15:03Careless says
Oh those endearing Bengals...They're like the NFL's version of the Little Rascals. Only instead of getting mixed up in acts of harmless mischief, they're more apt to rape and pillage.

06/04/2007 15:04Otto Man says
I'm starting to understand why the Bengals uniforms have black stripes.[/quote]

[quote name='sneaky' post='495464' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:32 PM']<_<

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, people are born with it. It is a minor birth defect of the lip that is more common amongst boys.

It has to be repaired surgically, but it leaves a scar on the lip that lasts for life.
[/b][/color]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate[/url][/quote]
you act like i dont know what im talking about, i wouldnt have said anything if i didnt know what it was.

he has a scar from a cleft pallet surgery, he has no fresh wounds and there is no blood. perhaps i should post some scars of an appendix surgery and claim pacman jones knifed me?

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='495465' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:35 PM']did you guys read the comments from posters on that page ? fucking silly ass mother fuckers![/quote]

While I often read them out of boredom, sites like Deadspin, Kissing Suzy Kolber, and With Leather are too clever by half. Their contributors seem to try to hard and it doesn't always work. It's like an overwrought social satire play trying (unsuccessfully) to straddle the fine line between relevance, and irreverance.

[quote name='Actium' post='495469' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:40 PM']While I often read them out of boredom, sites like Deadspin, Kissing Suzy Kolber, and With Leather are too clever by half. Their contributors seem to try to hard and it doesn't always work. It's like an overwrought social satire play trying (unsuccessfully) to straddle the fine line between relevance, and irreverance.[/quote]
[i]nice merriam-webster reference dude![/i]

yea, the effort put forth in their comment sections tend to scare me away as well

Closest thing I could find was [url="http://www.themonticellonews.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=91&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=3886&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1096&hn=themonticellonews&he=.com"]here[/url] for may 17, 2007

[quote]Markese Deon Thurman, Monticello—probation violation.[/quote]

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='495471' date='Jun 4 2007, 07:42 PM'][i]nice merriam-webster reference dude![/i]
yea, the effort put forth in their comment sections tend to scare me away as well[/quote]

That's mainly what I mean, especially over at deadspin.

But boredom does tend to make me check there--sometimes they can be funny.

Guest ONYX
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='495468' date='Jun 4 2007, 08:39 PM']you act like i dont know what im talking about, i wouldnt have said anything if i didnt know what it was.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Sorry about that, I did not catch your sarcasm.[/b][/color]

Archived