Greatest College Football Game of All Time

Greatest College Football Game of All Time  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What was the greatest college football game of all time?

• Cal vs Stanford 1982 (The Band is on the Field)
    • Boston College vs Miami 1984 (The Flutie Game)
    • Ohio State vs Miami 2003
    • Ohio State vs Michigan 2005
    • USC vs Texas 2006
    • Ohio State vs Michigan 2006
    • Other - name below

Well?

I know there are a few OSU games, but I think those were some great games. So I left out the OSU/Arizona State Rose Bowl in 1997, which could have also made the cut.

Another contender was Colorado vs Michigan when Kordell Stewart completed the Hail Marry, does anyone remember what year that game was?

Guest ONYX

[color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, how can you leave out last year's Fiesta Bowl?

If you are a college football fan, you cannot deny that game was one of the best ever.

:onoudidnt:

BTW, make sure OG does not see this. I don't want her to start getting emotional.[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='496535' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, how can you leave out last year's Fiesta Bowl?

If you are a college football fan, you cannot deny that game was one of the best ever.

[color="#0000FF"]BTW, make sure OG does not see this. I don't want her to start getting emotional.[/color][/b][/color][/quote]

:lol:

Guest WhoDeyForever
Ohio State vs. Miami was probably the greatest game I have ever seen..Homerism aside..So many great plays in that game..I will never forget that Clarett strip..Awesome comeback play..Probably the best night of my life..The OU-Boise State game comes in second..

[quote name='Jason' post='496511' date='Jun 6 2007, 03:57 PM']Well?

I know there are a few OSU games, but I think those were some great games. So I left out the OSU/Arizona State Rose Bowl in 1997, which could have also made the cut.

[b]Another contender was Colorado vs Michigan when Kordell Stewart completed the Hail Marry, does anyone remember what year that game was?[/b][/quote]

[quote]Playing for Colorado in 1994 Kordell Stewart completed a Hail Mary pass to beat the University of Michigan 27-26, a play known as "The Miracle in Michigan."[/quote]

Notre Dame vs Colorado bowl game were the phantom holding call or something on a Rocket punt return.

Notre Dame beating No. 1 ranked FSU.

Last years OSU vs Michigan.

Alabama whopping Miami in the National Championship game.

FSU vs Va Tech with Peter Warrick and Vick. (Peter Warrick was so awesome in college, sigh)

Those are ones that come to mind.

Best game I ever attended:

[quote]In 1995, Virginia hosted Florida State in the first-ever Thursday night game in Charlottesville. Playing in front of a sell-out crowd and a national television audience, the Cavaliers defeated the second-ranked Seminoles 33-28. With the victory, Virginia snapped FSU's 29-game winning streak against ACC teams since joining the conference in 1992. Florida State became the highest-ranked team to ever fall to the Cavaliers.[/quote]

Anthony Poindexter, Wally Lundy and co. stopped Warrick Dunn cold on the 1/2 yard line to end the game. We immediately stormed the field, and partied until the wee hours of the morning. (I'm watching a DVD of this game now :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: )

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='496777' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:20 PM']the fiesta bowl game last year. nothing else compares.[/quote]
yea, totally... i mean it would take what, like a back and forth slug fest with huge hits and game breaking plays resulting in a triple overtime outcome where the underdog upsets the extremely heavily favored defending champs to be a better game than that?

hmm, if only... :rolleyes:

[quote name='sneaky' post='496535' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, how can you leave out last year's Fiesta Bowl?

BTW, make sure OG does not see this. I don't want her to start getting emotional.[/b][/color][/quote]
I am so upset with you, i thought we were friends! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='496777' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:20 PM']the fiesta bowl game last year. nothing else compares.[/quote]
I hate you guys.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='496793' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:37 PM']yea, totally... i mean it would take what, like a back and forth slug fest with huge hits and game breaking plays resulting in a triple overtime outcome where the underdog upsets the extremely heavily favored defending champs to be a better game than that?

hmm, if only... :rolleyes:[/quote]
It was a FLUKE!!!!! :shakesfist:

Guest ONYX

[quote name='sneaky' post='496535' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]
BTW, make sure OG does not see this. I don't want her to start getting emotional.[/b][/color][/quote]

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='496799' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:42 PM']I am so upset with you, i thought we were friends! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
I hate you guys.
It was a FLUKE!!!!! :shakesfist:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]See what I mean?[/b][/color]

^_^

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='496830' date='Jun 6 2007, 11:06 PM']i'm making a hit list now. :rant:[/quote]
Don't worry about it OG..How do you think how I felt when Ohio State got raped by UF twice? :thumbsdown:

Guest ONYX

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='496830' date='Jun 6 2007, 11:06 PM']i'm making a hit list now. :rant:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Hell Knows No Fury Like A Woman Scorned.[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='496535' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Dude, how can you leave out last year's Fiesta Bowl?

you must be crazy to think that it's one of the best ever!!!

it is the best game ever :)

Guest LeakyBengal

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='496793' date='Jun 6 2007, 10:37 PM']yea, totally... i mean it would take what, like a back and forth slug fest with huge hits and game breaking plays resulting in a triple overtime outcome where the underdog upsets the extremely heavily favored defending champs to be a better game than that?

hmm, if only... :rolleyes:[/quote]

oh. the game where the big star rb got hurt and the game ended in one of the worst calls ever in sports.

:rolleyes: i had it right.

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='497011' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:33 AM']oh. the game where the big star rb got hurt and the game ended in one of the [b]worst calls ever in sports[/b].

:rolleyes: i had it right.[/quote]

I assume you mean the PI against Miami?

Here's proof:

[img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8687/passinterferenceongamblbh7.jpg[/img]

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='497011' date='Jun 7 2007, 09:33 AM']oh. the game where the big star rb got hurt and the game ended in one of the worst calls ever in sports.

:rolleyes: i had it right.[/quote]

I was wondering when the whiny bitches would come out. I just expected it to be NastyNati.

i voted for usc vs texas. but would of voted for last years fiesta bowl. I think the poll is biased toward OSU fans, some of the games were great games for osu fans. but just average games to everyone else. Just like the bengals vs chiefs game is one of the greatest games i have ever seen. But doesn't even show up on a non bengals fans radar.

Archived