To those who have Madden 08

I have it on Xbox 360 and the graphics and gameplay are sweet. The playbooks are very detailed. For example, in certain formations, TJ is lined up in the slot and in other formation, its Tab or even Holt. This game is much more detailed than 07 IMHO.

I havent played franchise yet. I played from like 1am-4am and had to go to work. I'm going to start my franchise when I get home tonight

[color="#FF0000"][b]My only complaint so far......

It seems that every fucking team has all kinds of different alternate uniforms EXCEPT for
the Bengals. Instead of having the black on black uniform option or the orange jersey option,
they gave us the fucking uniform the team wore in the 70's.....that's it.

In the grand scheme of things I know this is knit picking but I think it really would have been cool
to play as the Bengals sporting' the orange on black unis.

EA Cocksuckers.

Anyway, I have not found any chinks in the armour yet. The game is pretty damn solid as far as I can tell.
[/b][/color]

Well I know you are a Madden fiend, sneaky, so I'm going to trust your judgement. That Bengals uniform thing is pretty dumb. I know I played 06 on the PS2, and they had so many combinations of Bengals uniforms I usually couldn't decide what to wear. (that sounds gay) But seriously how hard can it be to edit some colors and put every combination imaginable? Either way the gameplay is tops on my list.

Any fumble issues? I heard that was a big deal about this game.

from what ive heard, it sounds like they just finally gave the PS3 and 360 all of the features that the last-gen systems have already had, such as franchise mode, created a few new tackle animations, and did a roster update :mellow:

untill they do something to the game ill just continue playing 05... i might pick it up used sometime after the season ends for cheap because my 360 still doesnt have a football game, but its definitly not happening anytime soon

madden 08 is great from what i have played so far. 06 sucked and 07 was ok, but so far i love 08. i like that you can catch the ball different ways and that different style players have different advantages and such in the game. the game feels way more in depth this year than it has ever been. EA actually put some effort into making a game this year even tho they didnt have any competition.

[quote name='sneaky' post='527543' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:14 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]My only complaint so far......

It seems that every fucking team has all kinds of different alternate uniforms EXCEPT for
the Bengals. Instead of having the black on black uniform option or the orange jersey option,
they gave us the fucking uniform the team wore in the 70's.....that's it.

In the grand scheme of things I know this is knit picking but I think it really would have been cool
to play as the Bengals sporting' the orange on black unis.

EA Cocksuckers.

Anyway, I have not found any chinks in the armour yet. The game is pretty damn solid as far as I can tell.
[/b][/color][/quote]

Speaking of unis - why in the hell do the Stains have brown pants for their road games? They have never worn brown pants. Are they getting new, more retarded looking unis this year??

The Bengals' lack of uniform choices is quite annoying.

But, as for the game, I've played 2 full games and I can't stand it. I loved the Madden series from 2001-2007 on the ps2, but this "next gen" version I cannot stand. It seems like they are trying to make it a complete simulation and it just seems over the top. There is so much you have to do pre snap every single play, that is just sucks some of the fun out of it.

Anyone know what they give you if you trade it in at a game store? Store credit? Cash? If I still don't like it after another week or so, I'm planning on dumping this and getting Tiger when it comes out in a couple weeks.

hahaha PC wins again.

15 uniform choices in all right from the beginning. 3 standard and 12 alternates of old jerseys and combos of new
[img]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6387/newbitmapimageyd1.jpg[/img]

Just got it on PC and i have never played anything so smooth, in depth and with such sweet graphics. Ive been missing out on PC sports games. Bought the logitech wireless rumblepad 2 and it feels better in my hand than the PS dualshock but same exact buttons and sticks.

Forgot the most important part, because i am a beta tester for EA for PC games, i paid 29.99 for the game.

[quote name='Tigris' post='527799' date='Aug 14 2007, 10:35 PM']I'm pissed because I'm not good at it yet.[/quote]

Me neither. Even worse, I picked up Resident Evil 4 for the Wii a couple days prior. I'm really good at the games where you shoot stuff, so I tend to play a half of Madden, get pissed that I haven't scored a couple touchdowns, and go shoot zombies instead...

Lol, that's me too. I'm such an FPS player and RTS player, on the PC, of course. I'm going to pick up Madden tomorrow, but I'm going to suck big time, quite sure of it. But give me an M4, and I'll shoot you in the fuckin' skull.

When I get online after I'm brave enough, you guys need to take it easy on me.

[quote name='whodey319' post='527778' date='Aug 14 2007, 08:53 PM']hahaha PC wins again.

15 uniform choices in all right from the beginning. 3 standard and 12 alternates of old jerseys and combos of new
[img]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6387/newbitmapimageyd1.jpg[/img]

Just got it on PC and i have never played anything so smooth, in depth and with such sweet graphics. Ive been missing out on PC sports games. Bought the logitech wireless rumblepad 2 and it feels better in my hand than the PS dualshock but same exact buttons and sticks.

Forgot the most important part, because i am a beta tester for EA for PC games, i paid 29.99 for the game.[/quote]

Cool, based on your recommendation I will pick it up for the PC

Can you take custom teams into franchise mode?

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='527885' date='Aug 15 2007, 05:06 AM']actually i may end up picking this game up sometime next week, they have a deal at toys r us where if you buy madden 08 there you can get a 2nd game from their list half off, and since bioshock is on their list i may have to do it[/quote]

posted in the other thread, but i'll post again. some toys r us stores have broken the bioshock release date... lemme dig up the pic i found online:

[img]http://myskitch.com/mongoloido/bioshock-20070815-095253.png[/img]

dude got bioshock a week early, and for $30. that's just sick

[quote name='Actium' post='527852' date='Aug 14 2007, 11:54 PM']Cool, based on your recommendation I will pick it up for the PC

Can you take custom teams into franchise mode?[/quote]
Yes, you can. We made a team fooling around over here. It's kind of cool.

What the hell is Bioshock?

[quote name='Tigris' post='528066' date='Aug 15 2007, 11:45 AM']Yes, you can. We made a team fooling around over here. It's kind of cool.

What the hell is Bioshock?[/quote]

TRAILER: [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23434.html"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23434.html[/url]

DEVELOPER VID: [url="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23523.html"]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23523.html[/url]

[quote name='Tigris' post='528066' date='Aug 15 2007, 10:45 AM']Yes, you can. We made a team fooling around over here. It's kind of cool.

What the hell is Bioshock?[/quote]

Cool, you couldn't do that in Madden 07--I don't think anyway. Watch out for the Los Angeles Celebrities!

Archived