THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

[quote name='bengals8580' post='562488' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:07 PM']injuries happen to every team..the bengals rnt the only team with injuries.

What is clear is this: The 2007 are Marvin Lewis' football team. There is just one defensive player, end Justin Smith, left from Lewis took over. Lewis has had five drafts and five free-agency periods.

look how good he is doing with his players.

im out, most of u can accept this type of play, i cannot. im still and always will be a bengals fan, but i will not be reading this board. its full of mediocrity[/quote]

I should just post this shit in my signature.
Maybe the people that need to read it the most,
would actually see it . . . .

2000: Bengals allowed 359 points. That averages out to 22.4 allowed a game.
2001: Bengals allowed 309 points. That averages out to 19.3 allowed a game.
2002: Bengals allowed 456 points. That averages out to 28.5 allowed a game.
2003: Bengals allowed 384 points. That averages out to 24 allowed a game.
2004: Bengals allowed 372 points. That averages out to 23 allowed a game.
2005:Bengals allowed 350 points. That averages out to 21.8 allowed a game.
2006:Bengals allowed 331 points. That averages out to 20.7 allowed a game.
2007: Bengals have allowed 129 points (51 in one game). That averages out to 32.5 allowed a game.

Marvin gutted the Defense when he came here. And has been trying to
rebuild it since.

Keep in mind that there are two Defensive players left from the 2003 roster,
John Thornton and Justin Smith.

I`ll bold the draft picks that are on the 53 man roster now . . .

Our Defensive draft picks from 2003: Dennis Weathersby, Khalid Abdullah,
Langston Moore, Elton Patterson.

Our Defensive draft picks from 2004: Keiwan Ratliff, [b]Madieu Williams[/b], [b]Caleb Miller[/b],
[b]Landon Johnson[/b], Matthias Askew, [b]Robert Geathers[/b], Greg Brooks.

Our Defensive draft picks from 2005: David Pollack, Odell Thurman, [b]Jonathan Fanene[/b]

Our Defensive draft picks from 2006: [b]Johnathan Joseph[/b], [b]Frostee Rucker[/b], [b]Domata Peko[/b],
[b]Ethan Kilmer[/b].

Our Defensive draft picks from 2007: [b]Leon Hall[/b], [b]Ahmad Brooks[/b] [b]Marvin White[/b], Matt Toeaina,
[b]Chinedum Ndukwe[/b].

Highest Defnsive pick in 2003 was Weathersby. A couple of freak accidents ended his career.
Highest pick in 2004 was Ratliff. He never became the ballhawk he was touted to be.
There were a couple of solid players drafted that year though. Highest draft pick in
2005 was Pollack. Freak injury to his neck put him out for almost 2 seasons.
Odell was a valid Rookie of the Year candidate in 2005. And hasn`t played since.
Jonathan Joseph has been slowed by an injury this season. Rucker hasn`t
even sniffed the field. And Kilmer hasn`t seen the field since training camp.

You can`t expect to have such a high turnover rate of personell, in such a short time,
have some of the highest picks you drafted to help rebuild, get injured/suspended or
be a bust (Ratliff) and not feel it.

I didn`t even mention the injuries to Jeanty and Henderson.

If Marvin had all the players that they were counting on
to help rebuild the Defense, and the Defense was still
struggling, then I`d see people`s point who question
his "Defensive Genius" title . . .

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562530' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:35 PM']Name one team for me that has lost this numer of players at the same position and done any better. Until you can I recomend apologizing to the entire board for making us read your drivel and then shutting up while the adults talk football.[/quote]

I am waiting for you to cite all of the high-quality team sectors that Marvin can take credit building.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562534' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:37 PM']Excellent summation. Reading that really makes you pine for what could have been doesn't it?[/quote]

Agreed but counting on all the cards lining up for you is not the path to success. Yes everything fell into place for Marvin in Baltimore. But you can't count on that. When the going gets tough...you gotta man up, double your effort, and prove everyone wrong.

The Bengals bail out at the first sign of adversity EVERY TIME. People say the Cleveland game was an anomaly. No it wasn't. We do that at least once every year. Let some shitty team run the score up on us. No...the anomaly was the Baltimore game. Baltimore hit and we hit back harder. Knocked the Ravens the fuck out of the game. I was giddy. I was like "what fucking team am I watching?!? This isn't the Bengals! Where is the whining? Where's the baby soft defense? Did DJ just stick Todd Heap so hard that he dropped the ball? OK wake up I must be dreaming...lol

THATS the part that gets me about the players AND fans. If you want a constant winner, they just left town. Go root for them. Being a Bengals fan is not easy. There will be many many letdowns and only a few gems. But when you do get a gem, it means so much more than a Yankees fan will ever understand.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562540' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:42 PM']I am waiting for you to cite all of the high-quality team sectors that Marvin can take credit building.[/quote]

By the way you keep changing what you want. First it was great units, then units that he can field and now it's units he can take credit for, that is another classic whiney liberal tactic.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562541' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:42 PM']Agreed but counting on all the cards lining up for you is not the path to success. Yes everything fell into place for Marvin in Baltimore. But you can't count on that. When the going gets tough...you gotta man up, double your effort, and prove everyone wrong.

The Bengals bail out at the first sign of adversity EVERY TIME. People say the Cleveland game was an anomaly. No it wasn't. We do that at least once every year. Let some shitty team run the score up on us. No...the anomaly was the Baltimore game. Baltimore hit and we hit back harder. Knocked the Ravens the fuck out of the game. I was giddy. I was like "what fucking team am I watching?!? This isn't the Bengals! Where is the whining? Where's the baby soft defense? Did DJ just stick Todd Heap so hard that he dropped the ball? OK wake up I must be dreaming...lol

THATS the part that gets me about the players AND fans. If you want a constant winner, they just left town. Go root for them. Being a Bengals fan is not easy. There will be many many letdowns and only a few gems. But when you do get a gem, it means so much more than a Yankees fan will ever understand.[/quote]

Sure, every team has a few things that go wrong, but so many all at once is impossbile for ANY team to overcome. If we could just get one or two of those cards to line up we are a better football team.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562530' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:35 PM']Name one team for me that has lost this numer of players at the same position and done any better.[/quote]

I can't. But you know what? I can't name ONE team that had EVERYONE at that position get injured.

That sure is some darn rotten luck isn't it.

Last year was some darn rotten luck too.

I wonder when all this bad luck will stop happening to the Bengals..

:rolleyes:

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562550' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:53 PM']I can't. But you know what? I can't name ONE team that had EVERYONE at that position get injured.

That sure is some darn rotten luck isn't it.

Last year was some darn rotten luck too.

I wonder when all this bad luck will stop happening to the Bengals..

:rolleyes:[/quote]

I wonder the same thing sans the sarcasm. Your namesake is an arrogant prick too. Imagine that.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562547' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:49 PM']By the way you keep changing what you want. First it was great units, then units that he can field and now it's units he can take credit for, that is another classic whiney liberal tactic.[/quote]

I'm hardly liberal. I hold people accountable.

Other than the passing game, nothing that Marvin has put together (after five drafts) is a high-quality team sector. nothing. And that's why you can't cite them.

How many more years of petunia Marvin are you willing to endure?

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562556' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:58 PM']I'm hardly liberal. I hold people accountable.

Other than the passing game, nothing that Marvin has put together (after five drafts) is a high-quality team sector. nothing. And that's why you can't cite them.

How many more years of petunia Marvin are you willing to endure?[/quote]

Endure? Really man what choice do I have? I am just a fan. Even if I wanted to fire Marvin I can't do anything about it. I am certainly not going to start cheering for another team.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562553' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:55 PM']:lol: Yep. Just gotta get over all this darn bad luck... :P[/quote]

Play the blame game all you want, it does not change the reality that our team is currently a MASH unit. I want results as badly as you do, but playing the blame game gets us no where. There doesn't always have to be someone to blam for bad things happening. Sometimes bad things do just happen.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562071' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:07 PM']i dont know that kelly was open that often, aside from a 6 yard route on 3rd and 25, etc, i will have to rewatch to see. kelly is a solid catching te tho, nothing flashy, i do agree a back to basics safe gameplan to get EVERYONE back on track isnt a bad idea, some short passes giving the Oline confidence and rest and wearing down the dline and DB's and then go for the bigger plays...[/quote]

[i]Thank you, thank you, thank you for seeing this...... I thought I was going to have problems with you [/i]:ninja:

[i]But, I also wanted to throw in something on that screen-pass play to Watson; which we did pick up nice yardage. In the past, I have said we do not execute this play very well, Chatman got called for holding negating the play. [/i] :(

[quote name='rudi32' post='562531' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:36 PM']I respect old, jamie, go and others. but I feel bad when I see u all blindly follow marvin and make excuses for him. Are there injuries?. of course, but I do think it is time to question marvin..i didnt say fire marvin, I said question some things.

I hope one day here we can have a conversation about marvin without both sides getting to polarized[/quote]

I`ve pretty much said all I`ve had to say about it.

No one responds to my post about it though.

I guess they just skip over me because it has to many
words and to much facts.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562558' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:00 PM']Endure? Really man what choice do I have? I am just a fan. Even if I wanted to fire Marvin I can't do anything about it. I am certainly not going to start cheering for another team.[/quote]

After five years, coaches, like pantywaist Marvin, who fail to build a high-quality team have no excuses. Nor are their apologists able to cover for them either.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562561' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:03 PM']There doesn't always have to be someone to blame for bad things happening. Sometimes bad things do just happen.[/quote]

Maybe when the ball bounces a certain way, things like that. Yeah I hear ya there...

But the whole LB corp? And everyone brought in to replace them? Nope. Don't buy it. THAT is somebody's fault. Last year it was the O-Line. All of them. Except the one we let Cleveland have...lol

Anyway... all sarcasm aside, it isn't luck, and it is somebody's fault.

Bad luck is losing the coin toss in overtime, not losing your entire LB corp that was "average at best" to begin with.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562570' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:09 PM']Maybe when the ball bounces a certain way, things like that. Yeah I hear ya there...

But the whole LB corp? And everyone brought in to replace them? Nope. Don't buy it. THAT is somebody's fault. Last year it was the O-Line. All of them. Except the one we let Cleveland have...lol

Anyway... all sarcasm aside, it isn't luck, and it is somebody's fault.

Bad luck is losing the coin toss in overtime, not losing your entire LB corp that was "average at best" to begin with.[/quote]

Who do you bring in? We were all ready scouring the waiver wire for linebackers. If we have a linebacker vending machine at the stadium I will start blaming with the rest of you but shrot of that what do you propose to fix it?

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562569' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:08 PM']After five years, coaches, like pantywaist Marvin, who fail to build a high-quality team have no excuses. Nor are their apologists able to cover for them either.[/quote]

Jeebus, how about you get off your lazy ass and do a search, this has been covered ad nauseum. Here's a hint: search member: oldschooler. His posts should give you all you need ya fucking grit. TIA!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562575' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:11 PM']what foolsih mind thinks 8-8 or 9-7 makes more money than 10-6 ot 11-5??[/quote]

I never said that. All I ever said was that Mike Brown's happy place is maximum team profits, even at the expense of on field productivity, but not so bad that his grandkids are getting teased at school.

Mission accomplished.

[quote name='Bean Counter' post='562574' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:11 PM']Who do you bring in? We were all ready scouring the waiver wire for linebackers. If we have a linebacker vending machine at the stadium I will start blaming with the rest of you but shrot of that what do you propose to fix it?[/quote]

Agreed. All the decent LBs out there this offseason either

a- would take less money to play elsewhere

or

b- just plain would never sign with us

...I guess that is just dumb ole luck too?

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562585' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:19 PM']I never said that. All I ever said was that Mike Brown's happy place is maximum team profits, even at the expense of on field productivity, but not so bad that his grandkids are getting teased at school.

Mission accomplished.[/quote]

and maximum profits is making more money, thats what profit means. and he could spend a maximim of 2-3 mil on the team, you know since there is a salary cap and all. and he would clear 10x that in merch sales events and other such profitable areas.

its bullshit and uneducated bitter foolishness that states otherwise.

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562569' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:08 PM']After five years, coaches, like pantywaist Marvin, who fail to build a high-quality team have no excuses. Nor are their apologists able to cover for them either.[/quote]

You`re an awful abrasive asshole for someone that has been
a member of this board for a week. I hope you have better social
skills in the Real World. I doubt it though.

What the fuck do you want people to say ?

Marvin was hired to turn the fucking doormat
of the NFL around, HE HAS.

He already had Pro Bowl caliber players in place on Offense.
He used his first, and I might add highest ever draft picks
as a Head Coach, to enhance the talent that was already in place.
He used the #1 overall pick to draft Palmer, and used the #33 overall
pick to draft Steinbach.

He gutted the Defense, added middle tier Free Agents to take
the place of players of the old regime. The highest pick he used
in 2003 for Defense was a 4th round pick (Weathersby). He
drafted some solid players in 2004. Spent 1st and 2nd round
picks in 2005 on Defensive players that aren`t on the roster right now.

Marvin made the Offense the strength of the team,
because that`s where the most talent was when he
was handed the reins. The players he has drafted
for the Offense has been to ENHANCE the players that
were already in place. The players he drafted to
REBUILD the defense, have been injured, suspended
or busts.

Because of the way things have went, the Offense is
considered one of the best the NFL. And the Defense is decimated and struggling.

It`s that fucking simple. Deal with it or get off the bandwagon . . .

[quote name='ItsTime' post='562569' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:08 PM']After five years, coaches, like pantywaist Marvin, who fail to build a high-quality team have no excuses. Nor are their apologists able to cover for them either.[/quote]

Again, what the hell can you or I do about it? Even if your hilariously bad logic was correct there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Archived