THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

[quote name='Jeb' post='562129' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:10 PM']Chickism, "Ed Hartwell will be the starting MLB since Marvin told him he needs to add weight."

This is the guy you trust?[/quote]

No kidding, how many times has Chick been completely wrong?

I listen to what Lapham has to say, and thats about it.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='562231' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:00 PM']Eggs-jactly! I have a seizure anytime I hear local talk radio anymore...negative about dumbest shit on earth is the perfect description. I loved that people were booing when we went to kick the field goal last night and we were down by 17. Uhhhh, we need a field goal guys, way to make the town look stupid. I don't know how better/worse it is in other towns, I've lived in other cities, but not with an NFL franchise. Don't listen to the radio especially with that Mongloid Lance McAllister leading the charge...awful. It is good he's found work since [i]Life Goes On[/i].

[img]http://www.1530homer.com/cc-common/mlib/1120/02/1120_1172356494.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol:

Lance is a joke, its a damn shame that he has nobody to compete with him for cincinnati sports on that time slot.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562210' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:43 PM']better depth? the entire team of LBs in gone. we arnet talking about one dude gone and th team emploded, 8 dudes are gone. the d line and DB's are crippled by the LB's.

why is this hard to conprehend?

does NO ONE here watch any football at all?

why are there even linebackers on the field if the d line stops the run and the DB's stop the pass alone?[/quote]

To look pretty? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562210' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:43 PM']better depth? the entire team of LBs in gone. we arnet talking about one dude gone and th team emploded, 8 dudes are gone. the d line and DB's are crippled by the LB's.

why is this hard to conprehend?

does NO ONE here watch any football at all?

why are there even linebackers on the field if the d line stops the run and the DB's stop the pass alone?[/quote]

Even when we have had healthy LBs our defense hasn't been very good. And I'm not just referring to this season.

We knew Pollack wasn't going to be here back in April. And from what Marvin has said I don't know that he was expecting Odell either. And if he was, he was being a little foolish. But do we draft a LB? No. Who do we bring in? Ed Hartwell, who didn't even make the team.

Yes, the injuries have been bad, but the only LB we didn't have in Cleveland was Ahmad. And if Ahmad is that important to the defense, and we are awful without him, shouldn't something have been done about that?

[quote name='Jason' post='562251' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:35 PM']Even when we have had healthy LBs our defense hasn't been very good. And I'm not just referring to this season.

We knew Pollack wasn't going to be here back in April. And from what Marvin has said I don't know that he was expecting Odell either. And if he was, he was being a little foolish. But do we draft a LB? No. Who do we bring in? Ed Hartwell, who didn't even make the team.

Yes, the injuries have been bad, but the only LB we didn't have in Cleveland was Ahmad. [b] And if Ahmad is that important to the defense, and we are awful without him, shouldn't something have been done about that?[/b][/quote]
they tried and hartwell didnt work out.

ahmad does make that big of a difference. he is one of the most physically gifted players in the NFL.

[quote name='Jungle Jim' post='562111' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:59 PM']So, people who don't follow the franchise with blind optimism are just bandwagon fans? It sure sounds like it after reading some of these comments. I've watched almost every game this franchise has played since the playoff game of 1975, so I gotta disagree with your definition. Extremely cynical? Yes. Bandwagon fan? No.

But arguing about this shit is about as productive as arguing about religion or politics. I'm not going to change anyone's mind with my cynicism and you guys sure aren't going to change my mind about this team with your optimism.[/quote]

No people who come in and post masterbatory "i was right, look at me" threads care less about the team and more about being right are banwagon fans.

[quote name='Jason' post='562251' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:35 PM']Even when we have had healthy LBs our defense hasn't been very good. And I'm not just referring to this season.

Yes, the injuries have been bad, but the only LB we didn't have in Cleveland was Ahmad. And if Ahmad is that important to the defense, and we are awful without him, shouldn't something have been done about that?[/quote]

It wasnt just hartwell. We had a number of LBs that have been injured for the year or extended periods. Seriously we brought a guy in 12 days ago that was forced to start last night, and was one of only 2 guys on the field at one point, hell there was a couple times we ran plays with one LB on the field.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='561563' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:03 AM']Be proud of your prediction, but we aren't losing to Kansas City coming off a bye. Get real.[/quote]

Really? We are 1-3 after the bye under Marvin, and 2 of those losses were to Cleveland and Tampa Bay.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='562254' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:41 PM']they tried and hartwell didnt work out.

ahmad does make that big of a difference. he is one of the most physically gifted players in the NFL.[/quote]

One player takes us from being a [s]"great"[/s] [s]good[/s] AVERAGE defense to giving up 51 points to Cleveland? I don't buy it.

[quote name='Jason' post='562261' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:52 PM']One player takes us from being a [s]"great"[/s] [s]good[/s] AVERAGE defense to giving up 51 points to Cleveland? I don't buy it.[/quote]

I dont know if it makes a monumental difference, but Brooks has shown to be pretty good at rushing the passer, something we have needed in all these games he has been out.

[quote name='Jason' post='562261' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:52 PM']One player takes us from being a [s]"great"[/s] [s]good[/s] AVERAGE defense to giving up 51 points to Cleveland? I don't buy it.[/quote]
why would u? that would make you look bad. you will see. this will be a completely different defense when Brooks is back.

[quote name='CJBESTINAFC' post='562263' date='Oct 2 2007, 02:54 PM']You mean Seahawks and Patriots. Two playoff teams from a year ago.[/quote]

Me?

No, I mean Cleveland and Tampa, 2 of our 3 post-bye-week losses since 2003.

[quote name='Jeb' post='562129' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:10 PM']Chickism, "Ed Hartwell will be the starting MLB since Marvin told him he needs to add weight."

This is the guy you trust?[/quote]

with all the injuries, we may bring Ed back!

[quote name='Jason' post='562300' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:17 PM']Ok, if our problems are only as deep as our beat up LB corps, why did Marvin blow up last night?[/quote]
because he doesnt count hte lack of LBs because he wont use excuses. did u see how fucking immature they were last night? im shocked he didnt drop some asses on the sidelines.

did anyone see him walking down the field? he looked like tiny tim :lol:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='562305' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:20 PM']because he doesnt count hte lack of LBs because he wont use excuses. [b]did u see how fucking immature they were last night?[/b] im shocked he didnt drop some asses on the sidelines.
did anyone see him walking down the field? he looked like tiny tim :lol:[/quote]

Yes, I did. And it has been that way for 4 years now. If Marvin were all that good a coach the team shouldn't still be like this after 4 years.

How often in the past 4 years has Carson or Marvin, or one of the veterans said "we didn't play like a team"? You would think that would be fixed by now by a "Top 5" coach.

[quote name='Jason' post='562353' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:45 PM']Yes, I did. And it has been that way for 4 years now. If Marvin were all that good a coach the team shouldn't still be like this after 4 years.

How often in the past 4 years has Carson or Marvin, or one of the veterans said "we didn't play like a team"? You would think that would be fixed by now by a "Top 5" coach.[/quote]

whats the difference between our vets and the pats vets? the pats vets are ACTUALLY leaders they control the locker room. our leaders dont lead AND they are a part of the problem.

even with our linebackers, the D still sucks. its never been good. he is supposed to be a defensive coach. he's a lucky coach. the players he had in baltimore were handed to him. he comes in here with a shitty defense, and year after year after it sucks. maybe getting worse. 8-8 is no good. if u accept that, then u accept mediocrity. you dont do jack in the NFL with mediocrity. marvin's whole theory on not building a team through free agency is insane. look at the premiere teams, they use free agency to get better. we just sit there and wait for the draft so we can draft some shitty defensive players that are gonna get hurt. even though its the players who r sucking out there, or the players who r getting hurt. marvin is the one responsible for all of them. his in game decisions are terrible. 4th and inches, were punting. unless were down by so much it doesnt matter. questionable call? he'll challenge it if its meaningless. he calls timeouts at the worst of times, waste a timeout here and there. we have so much potential, and potential in the nfl only last so long. he's blowing it. fire him, immediately after the season. whats the worst that can happen? we go 0-16 or 8-8. neither makes the playoffs. i want a coach who can get us to where we should be. marvin has had his chances.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='562088' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:34 PM']you thought we were gonna lose to seattle?

damn debbie downer.

[attachment=421:debbiedowner.jpeg][[/quote]

based on what this team has shown us this year its possible that we be beat any week by any team. Im not saying that will happen because we all know it wont, but with all of the injury, the poor special teams play, missed tackles, poorly ran routes, and Palmer's timing seemingly off we are well, a pretty fucked up team right now...

[quote name='bengals8580' post='562362' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:54 PM']even with our linebackers, the D still sucks. its never been good. he is supposed to be a defensive coach. he's a lucky coach. the players he had in baltimore were handed to him. he comes in here with a shitty defense, and year after year after it sucks. maybe getting worse. 8-8 is no good. if u accept that, then u accept mediocrity. you dont do jack in the NFL with mediocrity. marvin's whole theory on not building a team through free agency is insane. look at the premiere teams, they use free agency to get better. we just sit there and wait for the draft so we can draft some shitty defensive players that are gonna get hurt. even though its the players who r sucking out there, or the players who r getting hurt. marvin is the one responsible for all of them. his in game decisions are terrible. 4th and inches, were punting. unless were down by so much it doesnt matter. questionable call? he'll challenge it if its meaningless. he calls timeouts at the worst of times, waste a timeout here and there. we have so much potential, and potential in the nfl only last so long. he's blowing it. fire him, immediately after the season. whats the worst that can happen? we go 0-16 or 8-8. neither makes the playoffs. i want a coach who can get us to where we should be. marvin has had his chances.[/quote]

and I want fans who have a clue about football

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562374' date='Oct 2 2007, 03:59 PM']and I want fans who have a clue about football[/quote]

the year before marvin came to cincy, he was the D coord. in washington. how good was that defense? it was 21st in the league. gave up about 500 less yards than our LAST place defense that year. his record with the bengals is 36-33. is that a good record? give me a smartass comment to that?

Archived