THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

[quote name='mgbrown66' post='562035' date='Oct 2 2007, 07:38 AM']There. I said it.

We all know it needs to be said. He is not in the Manning/Brady class we all thought he was going to be this year. He is not as accurate as he was in 05.

Is it still the knee?[/quote]

Your reading to much espn bullshit

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562065' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:03 PM']I'll give ya that. But I still think they can come up with a gameplan that has more safe options. And there is no excusing him not using Reggie Kelly more. Reggie made some great catches lastnight, and IMO can be a 6-catch a game option if given the chance.[/quote]

agreed, he did make one hell of a jump last night to catch a ball. We really do need to work on getting the trust factor up with his other options.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562065' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:03 PM']I'll give ya that. But I still think they can come up with a gameplan that has more safe options. And there is no excusing him not using Reggie Kelly more. Reggie made some great catches lastnight, and IMO can be a 6-catch a game option if given the chance.[/quote]

i dont know that kelly was open that often, aside from a 6 yard route on 3rd and 25, etc, i will have to rewatch to see. kelly is a solid catching te tho, nothing flashy, i do agree a back to basics safe gameplan to get EVERYONE back on track isnt a bad idea, some short passes giving the Oline confidence and rest and wearing down the dline and DB's and then go for the bigger plays...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='561684' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:46 AM']I see plenty of problems with the team. Too many people on this board though don't want to talk about the actual problems. They'd rather make snide comments or place the blame where it doesn't belong (ie the offense lost the browns game thread).[/quote]

I think you don't like hearing comments unless they agree with you. I being the one that argued that the offense "lost" the Browns game with some very valid points that no one wants to hear, since the boys put up 45 leaving at least 7 or more points on the field. I believe the offense is the problem with all the games thus far. Defense won the game against the Ravens, the Offense helped lose the game against the Browns, the offense struggled to score points again with stupid turnovers in the Seattle game, and this game leaving a defense riddled with injuries on the field for as long as they did and not converting a third down. There are injuries on all sides of the ball and the team with over 65% of the cap space or more does not do crap. They need to set the tone and they need to keep the other teams offense and our defense and STs off the field. Until they do that we suck. We must hide our weaknesses as a team and all we have done the first 4 games is expose them for all the world to see.

[quote name='Patton' post='562079' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:20 PM']I think you don't like hearing comments unless they agree with you. I being the one that argued that the offense "lost" the Browns game with some very valid points that no one wants to hear, since the boys put up 45 leaving at least 7 or more points on the field. I believe the offense is the problem with all the games thus far. Defense won the game against the Ravens, the Offense helped lose the game against the Browns, the offense struggled to score points again with stupid turnovers in the Seattle game, and this game leaving a defense riddled with injuries on the field for as long as they did and not converting a third down. There are injuries on all sides of the ball and the team with over 65% of the cap space or more does not do crap. They need to set the tone and they need to keep the other teams offense and our defense and STs off the field. Until they do that we suck. We must hide our weaknesses as a team and all we have done the first 4 games is expose them for all the world to see.[/quote]

if you'd check my posts, I'm the first one to say the offense blew the Seattle game. The offense blew last night too and left the defense out to dry.

There are plenty of comments I view that I don't agree with, but leave be as they are well thought out. Saying the offense is the reason we lost the cleveland game though is just wrong.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562083' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:25 PM']if you'd check my posts, I'm the first one to say the offense blew the Seattle game. The offense blew last night too and left the defense out to dry.

There are plenty of comments I view that I don't agree with, but leave be as they are well thought out. Saying the offense is the reason we lost the cleveland game though is just wrong.[/quote]

Then go back and read the Cleveland thread and you will see where very valid points were made but the board regulars (regulators) bash me as a complete moron. The offense left the defense out to dry in 3 of the first 4 drives and many other instances in the game against Cleveland. If this offense goes up on teams like it should the whole team does well. The offense is the fuel to this team's fire and right now they are running on empty.

[b]Carson Palmer the last 3 games of '06:[/b]

He completed 50% of his passes against the Colts, 52.5% against the Broncos, and 52.6% against the Stealers.
He threw 6 TD`s and 5 INTs the month of December. He also had 5 fumbles.
He had an average completion percentage of 56% for the month of December.
He had QB ratings of 69.9 against the Colts, 63.4 against the Broncos, and 91.0 against the Stealers.
He had a QB rating of 77.1 for the month of December.

[b]Carson Palmer in his last 2 games of '07:[/b]

He completed 62.8% of his passes against the Seahawks, threw 1 TD and 2 INT`s.
And had a QB rating of 75.9

He completed 60% of his passes against the Patriots, threw 1 TD and 2 INT`s.
And had a QB rating of 65.7

In 5 of the Bengals last 7 games, Palmer has thrown a total of 8 TD`s and 9 INT`s.
The Bengals have a 1-6 record in that span.

[b]In Carson last 4 games against the other "Elite QB`s":[/b]

2004 against the Pats, Carson complteted 75% of his passes,
threw for 202 yards, 2 TD`s, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 110.1
before he was knocked out of the game.

2005 against the Colts, Carson completed 65.8% of his passes,
threw for 335 yards, 2 TD`s, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 100.2.

2006 against the Pats, Carson completed 57.1% of his passes,
threw for 245 yards, 0 TD`s, 0 INT`s, had 2 fumbles and had
a QB rating of 78.9.

2006 against the Colts, Carson completed 50% of his passes,
threw for 176 yards, 0 TD`s, 0 INT`s, had 4 fumbles (lost 1)
and had a QB rating of 69.9.

2007 against the Patriots, Carson completed 60% of his passes,
threw for 234 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT`s and a QB rating of 65.7.

So in his 5 games against the other "Elite" QB`s,
Carson has thrown 5 TD`s and 4 INT`s.

And he has thrown 1 TD and 2 INT`s in the last 3 games against the other
"Elite QB`s".

Yes that should teach him not to mess with all those wonderful people that comprise Cincinnati's sports "journalists". They are my heros. Particularly Chick Ludwig, who is a football genius and always asks polite, thoughtful questions and in no way deserved to be treated like a jackass, which again he is absolutely not.

/sarcasm

[quote name='T-Dub' post='562091' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:35 PM']Yes that should teach him not to mess with all those wonderful people that comprise Cincinnati's sports "journalists". They are my heros. Particularly Chick Ludwig, who is a football genius and always asks polite, thoughtful questions and in no way deserved to be treated like a jackass, which again he is absolutely not.

/sarcasm[/quote]
:lol:

what a bunch of homos some of you are...

"wah, madieu sucks" "the front office has give up on us" "marvin lewis is not a good coach"... the frong office has put a very good team and coaching staff on the field... mike brown lost his "God card" so he can't make sure we don't get injuries, but i guess with all this being said, our front office just wants to lose again... madieu has played pretty damn good... the comment that he isn't good is dumb as hell...

i've never in my short life seen a team more desimated by injuries... someone mentioned time of possession as the problem... well yeah i guess, but what caused that to be the case? how about trying to play a 5-2 defense, knowing damn well that the pats are going to run, run, run, run..... b/c they were able to get 5 yards a carry running the ball, that is WHY the time of possession was so wrong... so the real problem wasn't really that, was it? it was that we had no fucking LB's, which led to the pats able to run all over us like we weren't there...

injuries are no excuse, and a lose is a lose, but i've never seen anything like this before... never... i am pissed as fuck, but they didn't give up on us... if they had, we would have lost by 60 points last night... we're hurt but thank God we have a bye this week that is well needed.

take the sand out of your vaginas... we lost the first quarter this year, but its a long year... we will get healthy and be able to put a real NFL defense out there... just wait until after the bye...

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='561949' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:39 AM']if you're going to start a thread like this, at least come in and back it up with some reasons.[/quote]

my reasons are the browns game, the seattle game, the new england game.....he is a bad coach...got lucky 1 season. 8 and 8 is not good. wooo from 2 and 14 to 8 and 8...still didnt make the playoffs that season. we made it once, and last year and probably this year, were going to under achieve

[quote name='bengals8580' post='562101' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:51 PM']my reasons are the browns game, the seattle game, the new england game.....he is a bad coach...got lucky 1 season. 8 and 8 is not good. wooo from 2 and 14 to 8 and 8...still didnt make the playoffs that season. we made it once, and last year and probably this year, were going to under achieve[/quote]

yea marvin really should stop injuring his own players... its just bad coaching to take out your own guys.

[quote name='T-Dub' post='562091' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:35 PM']Yes that should teach him not to mess with all those wonderful people that comprise Cincinnati's sports "journalists". They are my heros. Particularly Chick Ludwig, who is a football genius and always asks polite, thoughtful questions and in no way deserved to be treated like a jackass, which again he is absolutely not.

/sarcasm[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :thumbsup:

[quote name='Goodfella' post='561680' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:45 AM']I like Marvin as a person, and I think he's a good football coach. I'm not sure he's a very good game manager, and his personnel decisions have been rather sketchy. That being said, seeing him all choked up tonight made me laugh out loud. This is the same man that treated the press like cocksuckers for asking tough questions, and now after being humiliated in Prime Time - he comes before them with his lips quivering.

I think Marvin can get things back on track, if and only if he has learned lessons from his mistakes. The BYE would be a good time to make a fresh start. They might not be able to salvage the season with this start and the injuries, but Marvin can get his team back and get them playing with the confidence and discipline they showed early in his tenure here.[/quote]

So, which one in the media are you? <_<

Chick? Chick, ...is that you? :lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562037' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:41 AM']BINGO

People make these threads saying "I told you so" and are happy that they can say that.

THIS is the very definition of a banwagon fan.[/quote]

So, people who don't follow the franchise with blind optimism are just bandwagon fans? It sure sounds like it after reading some of these comments. I've watched almost every game this franchise has played since the playoff game of 1975, so I gotta disagree with your definition. Extremely cynical? Yes. Bandwagon fan? No.

But arguing about this shit is about as productive as arguing about religion or politics. I'm not going to change anyone's mind with my cynicism and you guys sure aren't going to change my mind about this team with your optimism.

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='562081' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:25 PM']Did this game remind anyone of that sunday night mess in atlanta the year before Marvin Lewis came here? I couldnt help but get flashbacks, what an embarassment.[/quote]

Out come the brown paper bags with the eye holes cut out...saying DEY SUCK!!!

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='562119' date='Oct 2 2007, 01:03 PM']Chick is the only "journalist" whose opinion I put any weight into.
Maybe Daugherty.[/quote]

Chickism, "Ed Hartwell will be the starting MLB since Marvin told him he needs to add weight."

This is the guy you trust?

Archived