THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

I've never bought into the argument Mike Brown cares only about money. You don't put your father's name on the stadium if money is what drives you. Mike Brown may not no anything about winning football, but I just think it's foolish to think his family is devoted to putting out crap and making money off it.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='562585' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:19 PM']I never said that. All I ever said was that Mike Brown's happy place is maximum team profits, even at the expense of on field productivity, but not so bad that his grandkids are getting teased at school.

Mission accomplished.[/quote]

Hi. How ya doing ?

The 90`s are over now. Welcome to the new millennium.

[quote]Year / Total Payroll
Team Total Payroll
Indianapolis Colts $ 131,189,741
Minnesota Vikings $ 125,025,909
Dallas Cowboys $ 113,595,442
Cincinnati Bengals $ 113,000,016[/quote]

[url="http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2006"]http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf....aspx?year=2006[/url]

Yeah you`re reading that right.
The cheapskate Mike Brown that only cares
about profits had the 4th highest payroll in
the NFL last season.

Accept it. Embrace it. Move on . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='562605' date='Oct 2 2007, 05:39 PM']Hi. How ya doing ?

The 90`s are over now. Welcome to the new millennium.

[url="http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2006"]http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf....aspx?year=2006[/url]

Yeah you`re reading that right.
the NFL last season.

Accept it. Embrace it. Move on . . .[/quote]

Yeesh, the Vikings and the Bengals are getting ripped off.

:ninja:

[quote name='mongo' post='562597' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:27 PM']I've never bought into the argument Mike Brown cares only about money. You don't put your father's name on the stadium if money is what drives you. Mike Brown may not no anything about winning football, but I just think it's foolish to think his family is devoted to putting out crap and making money off it.[/quote]

which is why bitter old fools are the only ones saying it. it all makes sense in the end.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='562605' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:39 PM']Yeah you`re reading that right.
the NFL last season.[/quote]

Should also mention that he paid Dennis Weathersby his salary for the year he was injured prior to (even though he didn't have to)...

....and they (the Bengals) counted a two-point conversion as a play just so Kitna could claim a bonus (even though they didn't have to).

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562591' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:23 PM']and maximum profits is making more money, thats what profit means. and he could spend a maximim of 2-3 mil on the team, you know since there is a salary cap and all.[/quote]

All I can say about that is there are countless non-cap related ways to spend money on your team. This is where the Bengals are truly handicapped by a frugal owner.

[quote]and he would clear 10x that in merch sales events and other such profitable areas.[/quote]

Umm he already does. Without spending and even though we are 1-3, it was another record night at PBS. Now here's a question for you to ponder. Its the same question I pondered a few seasons ago at the opener against San Diego when Mike Brown started charging people for tap water on ice in a paper cup, after the bottled water ran out:

Why give people steak, when they are plenty happy eating shit instead?

[quote]its bullshit and uneducated bitter foolishness that states otherwise.[/quote]

When you answer the above question, then you will finally achive the Tao of being a Bengals Fan. Accept what the Bengals are. And wait for that next rare Bengal gem to treasure. ;)

[color="#FF0000"][b]Mike Brown isnt in it soley for the money.

If he was he had plenty of chances in the 90's to relocate the Bengals to a big market city. Say what you
want about Mike Brown but the man is loyal......sometimes to a fault.

That is the very reason why if anyone thinks Brown will fire Marvin Lewis, after all the good Marvin
has done, then they are fucking retarded.[/b][/color]

[quote name='mongo' post='562597' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:27 PM']I've never bought into the argument Mike Brown cares only about money. You don't put your father's name on the stadium if money is what drives you. Mike Brown may not no anything about winning football, but I just think it's foolish to think his family is devoted to putting out crap and making money off it.[/quote]

Never said he only cares about money. Just said that making money from the Bengal franchise is his top franchise related priority. As in, "above winning."

Now, there may be teams (like the Redskins for example) that, despite having winning as their top priority, still fail due to their own ineptitude.

But, all I am saying is that a team with winning as its top priority, will always have an initial edge against a team whose top priority is profit.

You get a team with winning as its top priority, add in a solid framework, then let it snowball for 4 or 5 years? You get the Patriots.

But withot winning as the top priority? As Bengals fans, people need to accept that with that handicap in place and with that mentality in place, this franchise can only go so far. But that is no reason to be down about it. Just enjoy the gems, like Carson Palmer for example. We are watching a hall of famer! Same with Chad.

The Brown family's only source of income is the Bengals therefore any cap money not spent is their bonus, they probably draw a meager salary and share the cut expenses, any payment to scouts, coaches and other operating expenses cut into their bottom line and jeopardize their living standards, unfortunetly they are all too incompetent to make a living and put a decent product on the field and make many bad financial decisions and overall bad football decisions.

They should be forced to sell the team in the best interest of the NFL

[quote name='Storm' post='562640' date='Oct 2 2007, 07:07 PM']The Brown family's only source of income is the Bengals therefore any cap money not spent is their bonus, they probably draw a meager salary and share the cut expenses, any payment to scouts, coaches and other operating expenses cut into their bottom line and jeopardize their living standards, unfortunetly they are all too incompetent to make a living and put a decent product on the field and make many bad financial decisions and overall bad football decisions.
They should be forced to sell the team in the best interest of the NFL[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Storm, I love you bro but you are not making any sense. The Brown family has been wealthy for generations... we have no idea how they use or spend the money. And the NFL forcing them to sell the team is insane.

Let go of the hatred for Mike Brown.....its killing you. :mellow: [/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='562645' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:12 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Storm, I love you bro but you are not making any sense. The Brown family has been wealthy for generations... we have no idea how they use or spend the money. And the NFL forcing them to sell the team is insane.
Let go of the hatred for Mike Brown.....its killing you. :mellow: [/b][/color][/quote]

Mike Brown spent most of his money to buy the team majority ownership, I read a story where they are one of the very few family's that run a team and have no other source of income, its pretty much the only thing that makes sense on why they run it like they do.

As far as the NFL forcing them to sell I can dream can't I?

[quote name='Storm' post='562650' date='Oct 2 2007, 07:16 PM']Mike Brown spent most of his money to buy the team majority ownership, I read a story where they are one of the very few family's that run a team and have no other source of income, its pretty much the only thing that makes sense on why they run it like they do.
As far as the NFL forcing them to sell I can dream can't I?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Come on Storm think about it....you dont think Paul Brown made some serious cheese in his lifetime?
He left it all to Mike......Do you realize how much a NFL franchise is worth?

True the Browns make their income from football but the same can be said about the Halas-McCaskeys (Bears),
the Rooneys (Steelers), the Irsays (Colts), and the Bidwells. (Cardinals). Thats why the family owners dont
get along with some of the modern day business tycoon owners. (Jones, Synder, Allen)[/b][/color]

[quote name='sneaky' post='562654' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:24 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Come on Storm think about it....you dont think Paul Brown made some serious cheese in his lifetime?

True the Browns make their income from football but the same can be said about the Halas-McCaskeys (Bears),
the Rooneys (Steelers), the Irsays (Colts), and the Bidwells. (Cardinals). Thats why the family owners dont
get along with some of the modern day business tycoon owners. (Jones, Synder, Allen)[/b][/color][/quote]

Football is a game in which millionaires serve as toys for billionaires

[quote name='Actium' post='562657' date='Oct 2 2007, 07:28 PM']Football is a game in which millionaires serve as toys for billionaires[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Tabernacle that and dip it in holy water.[/b][/color] -_-

[quote name='sneaky' post='562654' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:24 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Come on Storm think about it....you dont think Paul Brown made some serious cheese in his lifetime?

get along with some of the modern day business tycoon owners. (Jones, Synder, Allen)[/b][/color][/quote]

Paul Brown made some money but probably not as much as you think and yes the Bengals Franchise is worth a lot of money if they sold it but they're not selling their only source of income as of yet, I'm hopefull when the old fool dies Katie and company will sell the team and retire, I really can't see them continuing on this course.

As far as Halas and the Rooneys, how did they make their money? did they make their money and buy a team or did they buy a team to make money?

I'm willing to bet they made their money and bought a team whereas Paul Brown worked his way up from the bottom to own a team

[quote name='Storm' post='562661' date='Oct 2 2007, 07:37 PM']Paul Brown made some money but probably not as much as you think and yes the Bengals Franchise is worth a lot of money if they sold it but they're not selling their only source of income as of yet, I'm hopefull when the old fool dies Katie and company will sell the team and retire, I really can't see them continuing on this course.

As far as Halas and the Rooneys, how did they make their money? did they make their money and buy a team or did they buy a team to make money?

I'm willing to bet they made their money and bought a team whereas Paul Brown worked his way up from the bottom to own a team[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Art Rooney was part of the Irish mob...bootlegging, fixing boxing fights and gay male prostitution was how
he created his empire. I remember reading somewhere that George Halas bought the Bears in the 20's
for less than $1000 bucks....a lot of cash back then but not crazy kind of cash.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Storm' post='562661' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:37 PM']Paul Brown made some money but probably not as much as you think and yes the Bengals Franchise is worth a lot of money if they sold it but they're not selling their only source of income as of yet, I'm hopefull when the old fool dies Katie and company will sell the team and retire, I really can't see them continuing on this course.

I'm willing to bet they made their money and bought a team whereas Paul Brown worked his way up from the bottom to own a team[/quote]

Paul Brown made over $82,000 a year coaching the Browns back in the early 60`s.
He also owned, and sold 6% of the Browns after he left.

Paul Brown`s group paid $9 million for the Bengals.
But it was really $14 million because they didn`t
recieve television revenues until 1970.

The Bengals are now worth $912 million dollars (according to Forbes magazine)

It`s safe to say that Mike Brown isn`t hurting for money from his only source of income . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='562687' date='Oct 3 2007, 12:18 AM']Paul Brown made over $82,000 a year coaching the Browns back in the early 60`s.
He also owned, and sold 6% of the Browns after he left.

Paul Brown`s group paid $9 million for the Bengals.
But it was really $14 million because they didn`t
recieve television revenues until 1970.

The Bengals are now worth $912 million dollars (according to Forbes magazine)

[b]It`s safe to say that Mike Brown isn`t hurting for money from his only source of income . . .[/b][/quote]

No and he wants to keep it that way, thus always pocketing the extra cap money

[quote name='Storm' post='562764' date='Oct 2 2007, 09:16 PM']No and he wants to keep it that way, thus always pocketing the extra cap money[/quote]

This is the second time I`ve posted this info in this thread . . .

[quote]Year / Total Payroll

Team Total Payroll
Indianapolis Colts $ 131,189,741
Minnesota Vikings $ 125,025,909
Dallas Cowboys $ 113,595,442
Cincinnati Bengals $ 113,000,016[/quote]

[quote name='Storm' post='562764' date='Oct 2 2007, 08:16 PM']No and he wants to keep it that way, thus always pocketing the extra cap money[/quote]
Seriously man, under Marvin we have been pretty much against the cap every year. Do you really think that Mike Brown "pockets the extra cap money?"/
How exactly does one do that?
If he doesn't spend it, he doesn't spend it. It isn't like he's making money from that scenario, he'd be SAVING money, which just isn't the case. He's spending allright, but the question now is "is it on the right players for our team to succeed?", not "is it being spent at all?".
And you, of all people, are painting Mike Brown in an awfully sympathetic light when you didn't intend to.
Mike Brown is and always has been making LOTS of money.

Archived