Let's Hear it for Kitna

Actium

"I've never felt anything like that, and for it to clear up and go right back to as normal as I can be, is nothing short of a miracle," Kitna said. "I just definitely feel the hand of God. That's all it was. You can't explain it.

"I have no headaches, no symptoms, no lingering effects. But that was the worst my head has ever felt, and the worse my memory was in the second quarter. Yet, after halftime there was nothing."

God and Kitna are tizzight.

For the last fucking time, God doesn't care about football! If these players really think God has a hand in when they WIN, then they will also BLAME Him when they LOSE!
Enough about Ned Flanders and his sorry-assed football team!
Thanks for the prayer circles in the lockerroom and being golfing buddies with Carson, Jon!
:ninja:
:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='551495' date='Sep 18 2007, 02:22 PM']For the last fucking time, God doesn't care about football! If these players really think God has a hand in when they WIN, then they will also BLAME Him when they LOSE!
Enough about Ned Flanders and his sorry-assed football team!
Thanks for the prayer circles in the lockerroom and being golfing buddies with Carson, Jon!
:lol:[/quote]

Personally I don't mind if players think God is in the game with them. People need something to believe in, sometimes they don't believe enough in their team or themselves and so need something else.

I like Kitna and I like the fact he is becoming a beloved player in Detroit. The local fans there seem to like him, the press is fawning, and the team seems like they'd line up to take a bullet for him. He deserves it. I know Carson is happy for him too.

And now, for once, Kitna can sympathize with Palmer for his sub-par team.

[quote name='Actium' post='551498' date='Sep 18 2007, 03:25 PM'][b]Personally I don't mind if players think God is in the game with them. People need something to believe in, sometimes they don't believe enough in their team or themselves and so need something else. [/b]
I like Kitna and I like the fact he is becoming a beloved player in Detroit. The local fans there seem to like him, the press is fawning, and the team seems like they'd line up to take a bullet for him. He deserves it. I know Carson is happy for him too.

:ninja:[/quote]

Is that a direct quote, or did you paraphrase: [img]http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/44/4f1ab84f-9366-47e3-a472-5cfe509ac637.gif[/img]

Sure, Kitna. It was a miracle. Or you weren't injured in the first place. Either one...

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='551507' date='Sep 18 2007, 02:31 PM']Is that a direct quote, or did you paraphrase: [img]http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/44/4f1ab84f-9366-47e3-a472-5cfe509ac637.gif[/img]
Sure, Kitna. It was a miracle. Or you weren't injured in the first place. Either one...[/quote]

I liked the music from Angels in the Outfield.

[quote name='Actium' post='551553' date='Sep 18 2007, 04:00 PM']I liked the music from Angels in the Outfield.[/quote]
Ever see The Time Machine? I'm talking about the new one... the music in that movie is amazing. If I ever see it in at the store, I'm buying it... I could fall asleep to it every night.

[quote name='Actium' post='551498' date='Sep 18 2007, 01:25 PM']Personally I don't mind if players think God is in the game with them. People need something to believe in, sometimes they don't believe enough in their team or themselves and so need something else.

:ninja:[/quote]
I have and always will hate Kitna, mostly due to the fact that he sucks as an successful NFL QB and is only viewed as one because he's surrounded by elite WR's and/or coaches wherever he's been.
The guy's best season is 9-7, and that was an anomoly.
Great teammate? Yup.
Even remotely good NFL QB? Nope.
His stats are inflated due to the fact that he played with Chad here and with 1,243 first round WR's in Detroit.
Believe me, once pressured, he will give up the meat.
He is a fumbling machine that has a weak arm and at best, mediocre decision-making skills when under pressure.
So far, he hasn't been pressured much, hence his good start. Just wait until Detroit plays somebody good...he'll be fumbling all ove rthe place, and throwing INT's when it matters most.
The guy is NOT a clutch player, regardless of how Godly he is or how great of a person he is.
I don't root against him, but frankly...he sucks, and his fantasy numbers only look good because he's been passing for his life in a come-from-behind scenario his entire career at Detroit.
And God still doesn't care who wins the game.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived