Notre Dame quarterback transfers to UC !!!!!!

ONYX

[color="#FF0000"][b]The future is looking bright for Cincinnati.[/b][/color]

[quote]Report: Ex-Notre Dame QB picks Cincinnati

The Detroit News

Former Notre Dame quarterback Demetrius Jones has transferred to the University of Cincinnati, the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting.

Jones started for the Fighting Irish in their season-opener against Georgia Tech on Sept. 1. But he became disenchanted with the program after he was benched during that game.

Jones, who is from Chicago, originally expressed interest in transferring to Northern Illinois.

Jones watched the Bearcats practice on Wednesday and told Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly he wanted to play for the Bearcats on Thursday, according to the newspaper.

Kelly is in his first year at Cincinnati after coaching at Grand Valley and Central Michigan.

"He's athletic," Kelly is quoted as saying about the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Jones. "He can run it and he can throw it. In this day and age, we see that position requires more than a guy who can just drop back (and throw). He has to be able to do things with his feet."

Kelly said Notre Dame has granted Jones' release.

"My whole point of going to Notre Dame was the same reason I committed here (Cincinnati) -- the atmosphere on campus, they've got top-notch facilities," Jones is quoted as saying. "I can put some of my best qualities on display. I just think it was a perfect fit."[/quote]

[url="http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070927/UPDATE/709270499/1132/rss18"]http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0499/1132/rss18[/url]

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='558945' date='Sep 28 2007, 02:41 PM']I don't understand why you uc homos are getting hyped..He blows..Not much better than grutza or mauck..[/quote]

And that combo has UC undefeated, and ranked for the first time in decades.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='558945' date='Sep 28 2007, 02:41 PM']I don't understand why you uc homos are getting hyped..He blows..Not much better than grutza or mauck..[/quote]

Listen, Debbie Downer...He's young, and was a nice prospect coming from HS - not too many purebred prospects have wound up at UC in recent years. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come...perhaps not. Either way, the guy was good enough to be Notre Dame's starting QB this year, and the fact that his services are no longer needed there as they don't have the personnel to run his specialty offense, the dude can still play...you'll see.

he is > anyone OSU has at QB.

he was a top 35 prospect coming out of HS. he is going to be in an offense that will actually support his talents. you are truly a fucking idiot. i hate people who live in cincinnati and hate on cincinnati and root for OSU. fuckin fags, need to be shot.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='558964' date='Sep 28 2007, 03:39 PM'][b]he is > anyone OSU has at QB[/b].
he was a top 35 prospect coming out of HS. he is going to be in an offense that will actually support his talents. you are truly a fucking idiot. i hate people who live in cincinnati and hate on cincinnati and root for OSU. fuckin fags, need to be shot.[/quote]

Tod Boeckman is currently 10th in the nation in QB rating.

[quote name='Jason' post='558975' date='Sep 28 2007, 03:50 PM']Tod Boeckman is currently 10th in the nation in QB rating.[/quote]
because his supporting cast is very good. ken dorsey used to be a stud in college. hell, troy smith did good in college :lol:

im only talking talent, not stats. stats are VERY misleading in college. does that mean the QB at Texas Tech is the next Peyton Manning?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='558964' date='Sep 28 2007, 08:39 PM']i hate people who live in cincinnati and hate on cincinnati and root for OSU. fuckin fags, need to be shot.[/quote]
The only thing more annoying are folks that live in the Buckeye state and hate on OSU out of pure jealousy. Why not be a fan of both UC and OSU? Especially when you don't go to either school...

That's right. Because you are a fucking tool. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

At least you're on the Dean's list at Toothlessburger U. - Evidently majoring in homosexual studies, since you seem to be able to identify all things gay better than anyone.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='560139' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:13 AM']The only thing more annoying are folks that live in the Buckeye state and hate on OSU out of pure jealousy. [b]Why not be a fan of both UC and OSU?[/b] Especially when you don't go to either school...

That's right. Because you are a fucking tool. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

At least you're on the Dean's list at Toothlessburger U. - Evidently majoring in homosexual studies, since you seem to be able to identify all things gay better than anyone.[/quote]
because around OSUs campus is majority browns fans. therefore OSU is a browns fans team. PLUS ive never seen an OSU fan from cincy who roots for UC. They all talk shit about how UC sucks. OSU fans = garbage.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='560153' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:37 AM']because around OSUs campus is majority browns fans. therefore OSU is a browns fans team. [b]PLUS ive never seen an OSU fan from cincy who roots for UC[/b]. They all talk shit about how UC sucks. OSU fans = garbage.[/quote]

:wave:

I became an OSU fan at the age of 13. As I began rooting for sports teams I generally rooted for the same team my grandfather did, and he was a tOSU fan. When I went to UC (late 80s early 90s) I went to one UC game (when Miami of Florida came to town in the late 80s). But the UC football program never did anything to win my heart away from OSU. All of my days as a student there, and most of them since, UC football did suck. That's not a "judgement" it's just the truth. To this day OSU is my #1 team, but I do root for UC (unless they are playing OSU of course). And I am happy to see what Brian Kelley has been able to accomplish so far.

[quote][quote name='Jason' post='560274' date='Oct 1 2007, 02:07 PM']
:wave:

I became an OSU fan at the age of 13. As I began rooting for sports teams I generally rooted for the same team my grandfather did, and he was a tOSU fan. When I went to UC (late 80s early 90s) I went to one UC game (when Miami of Florida came to town in the late 80s). But the UC football program never did anything to win my heart away from OSU. All of my days as a student there, and most of them since, UC football did suck. That's not a "judgement" it's just the truth. To this day OSU is my #1 team, but I do root for UC (unless they are playing OSU of course). And I am happy to see what Brian Kelley has been able to accomplish so far.[/quote]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='560296' date='Oct 1 2007, 02:27 PM']:wave: x2[/quote]
[/quote]

and i wasnt ripping you two, hell ive never met you two ;) and you guys dont count !!! one of you is in florida and the other in europe!

The sad thing is whenever anyone would bring up UC football in this area or on the radio until last year, they would get RIPPED by the typical..."UC basketball/OSU football" fans. I wasnt a college football fan or UC football fan until 3 years ago when i got sick of the UC football bashing. I went to a couple of games that year and even though they werent good, i enjoyed it. I wasnt expecting people to be UC fans out the womb. But my hatred is for those who HATE UC for no reason at all. Even today, if i bring up UC to the OSU fans i know, they talk shit about how UC isnt on their level (gee, no fucking shit).

They probably would if they had the funds to pay players like OSU does...:ninja:

And to cover my ass for HATING UC, i hated UC basketball because i had many things against bob huggins because of his ways of recruiting and a few things i witnessed from him when i saw/met him in public. I am a huge Bob Knight fan so it has nothing to do with the blows up on the court, those are hilarious. My three favorite coaches of all time are Coach K, Bob Knight, and Skip.

[color="#FF0000"][b]I am both a Bearcat and Buckeye fan, so I am very happy to see them both in the top 25 this year.

As far as the Jones transfer, I am very excited for UC. Blue chip recruits rarely come to UC but hopefully
that will start to change. Weis does not have a fucking clue and he gave up on Jones way too soon.

Jones felt like he got screwed over for various reasons......[i](I can already think of one obvious reason)[/i]
so he landed in UC's lap.

BTW, I saw the UC-San Diego State game Saturday and even though Cincy won easily, I am not confident
with Ben Mauck. He made some really bad throwing decisions but was able to get away with it because the
Aztecs suck.

If he makes the same kind of throws against Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia or USF, Cincy will be in big trouble.[/b][/color]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='558736' date='Sep 28 2007, 04:11 AM']The next Brady Queer at UC, and you are excited? :huh:[/quote]

[img]http://boifromtroy.com/wp-content/grabbybradyquinn.jpg[/img]

[center]
[size=7][b]=/=[/b][/size][/center]

[img]http://eteamz.active.com/MPFootball/images/DEMETRIUSJONES5_17B200.JPG[/img][img]http://www.bleacherreport.com/image/file/834/lead/jones.demetrius.1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='560314' date='Oct 1 2007, 02:45 PM']The sad thing is whenever anyone would bring up UC football in this area or on the radio until last year, they would get RIPPED by the typical..."UC basketball/OSU football" fans.[/quote]thats smeeeeee!

although ive never "ripped" anyone for rooting for UC football or OSU basketball as those are my secondary squads, even in spite of the fact ive attended osu and have next to no connection to uc outside of location and an aunt and uncle that went there. but yea, i dont know what you are talking about when it comes to the whole "make fun of someone for rooting for a lesser squad" argument. either you associate yourself with some shitty people or you are lying because in all of my life i have never witnessed someone seriously antagonize another person over their support of a lesser ncaa squad (i am not counting rivalries, ala osu/meatchicken).

oh, and osu is pretty evenly split when it comes to bengals/browns fans, although id give the slight edge to the browns faithful as osu receives its fair share of cleveland suburban faggots since there is literally nowhere else for them to go to school, whereas the cincinnati area has uc, xavier, nku, miami and its branches, cincinnati state and its ilk, wright state, and ud all within driving distance.

[quote name='WhoD[quote name=' post='560139' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:13 AM']The only thing more annoying are folks that live in the Buckeye state and hate on OSU out of pure jealousy. Why not be a fan of both UC and OSU? Especially when you don't go to either school...That's right. Because you are a fucking tool. :loser:At least you're on the Dean's list at Toothlessburger U. - Evidently majoring in homosexual studies, since you seem to be able to identify all things gay better than anyone.[/quote]

No, being a tool is suggesting the retarded notion that you have to support an Ohio St. U because they're an Ohio school. Who gives a shit? People hate OSU, almost 98% of the time I'd imagine, because of their fan base and its opinions on who/what Ohio residents should root for.

Archived