Official Hire Joe Girardi Thread

ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Bunghole' post='564957' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:05 AM']I'd go for a combo of Gherardi and what's his nuts the former GM of St Louis....[/quote]
why would u want a guy who has left STL with no farm system and spent millions more than cincy? please explain to me how walt jocketty is good. he is the EXACT opposite of what kind of GM we need here.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='564987' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:08 AM']why would u want a guy who has left STL with no farm system and spent millions more than cincy? please explain to me how walt jocketty is good. he is the EXACT opposite of what kind of GM we need here.[/quote]
not sure hwo many times i have to say they are reigning world series champs and have been in the hunt every year for how long now?

[quote name='whodey319' post='565195' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:15 PM']not sure hwo many times i have to say they are reigning world series champs and have been in the hunt every year for how long now?[/quote]
ok and are you going to continue ignoring the counter to that? the reason they are in the fucking hunt is they can go out and spend MORE MONEY than we do to bring players in. THE REDS CANNOT FUCKING DO THAT. THE REDS HAVE TO ACTUALLY BUILD THROUGH THEIR FARM. JOCKETTY DID NOT BUILD THEIR FUCKING FARM SYSTEM.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='565200' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:24 PM']ok and are you going to continue ignoring the counter to that? the reason they are in the fucking hunt is they can go out and spend MORE MONEY than we do to bring players in. THE REDS CANNOT FUCKING DO THAT. THE REDS HAVE TO ACTUALLY BUILD THROUGH THEIR FARM. JOCKETTY DID NOT BUILD THEIR FUCKING FARM SYSTEM.[/quote]
i dont care if they destroy the minors if they win a world series. ill trade 1 world series title for shitty minor leagues for 10 years

[quote name='whodey319' post='565306' date='Oct 8 2007, 03:56 PM']i dont care if they destroy the minors if they win a world series. ill trade 1 world series title for shitty minor leagues for 10 years[/quote]

ok well check this:

THE REDS HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING WITHOUT A FARM SYSTEM.

THEY HAVE TO BUILD FROM THEIR OWN HOME GROWN TALENT.

THEY CANNOT DROP ASSLOADS OF MONEY INTO FA TO SIGN WHAT THEY NEED.

IT IS 100% IMPOSSIBLE TO BUILD A TEAM HERE THE WAY THE CARDINALS DID UNLESS CASTELLINI IS OK WITH LOSING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

JOCKETTY IS NOT A SPECIAL GM AT ALL, HE JUST SO HAPPENED TO HAVE A LOT OF MONEY TO USE AND LUCKILY LANDED PUJOLS.

We could have stopped them from getting Rolen too if we werent such cheap asses/didnt have the money.

The reds dont need to spend 90-100 mill to win a WS. They just need to take care of their farm system and sign guys early. Look at Cleveland. If we are smart we lock up Phillips long term NOW! Im not sure if Krivsky is the answer or not, but im sure as hell that Walt Jock isnt.

but st louis and cincinnati are the same size markets and if the reds for once shell out some money they could actually get people interested again and have a consistently higher payroll. baseball always has i backward, they want people to come out in droves to support a loser so they say then can increase payroll. total opposite of other businesses

[quote name='whodey319' post='565463' date='Oct 8 2007, 09:01 PM']but st louis and cincinnati are the same size markets and if the reds for once shell out some money they could actually get people interested again and have a consistently higher payroll. baseball always has i backward, they want people to come out in droves to support a loser so they say then can increase payroll. total opposite of other businesses[/quote]
STL and Cincy are not similar market sized areas.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='565465' date='Oct 8 2007, 09:09 PM']STL and Cincy are not similar market sized areas.[/quote]
2,801,033 vs 2,104,218 in the metro population, and considering the secondary populations of columbus, dayton, indy, etc. all within driving range our draw compared to the cardinals draw is probably larger

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='565491' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:06 PM']2,801,033 vs 2,104,218 in the metro population, and considering the secondary populations of columbus, dayton, indy, etc. all within driving range our draw compared to the cardinals draw is probably larger[/quote]
STL has always had more fans and more dedicated fans. if u havent noticed, cincinnati fans suck complete ass. if u cant support your team when they are down, they wont be able to raise the payroll. and no owner is going to risk spending millions and then not getting the added fans.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='565498' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:23 PM']STL has always had more fans and more dedicated fans. if u havent noticed, cincinnati fans suck complete ass. if u cant support your team when they are down, they wont be able to raise the payroll. and no owner is going to risk spending millions and then not getting the added fans.[/quote]
you truly are a fucking idiot. the biggest difference in attendance of any sporting event is your teams winning percentage, so of course stl is going to have a shit ton of more people at their ball park. they actually go to the playoffs. they are the motherfucking world series champs and the reds are a .400 team that was second to last last year. why dont you at least compare relevant eras as stl had literally nobody at their games the last time they sucked and you couldnt even find a ticket to a reds game the last season they went to the series. the problem is with the ownership not willing to take an initial loss in order to create a successful ballclub and recoup their investment later. the problem is with ownership who for whatever reason view professional sports as a perfectly reasonable investment. the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the fans. tell me, smart guy, what seasonally shitty team sees consistently large support from its fanbase? and no i dont mean they were bad for a year, im talking about the teams that havnt made the playoffs in a decade type bad. so why dont you go ahead and tell me what clubs get better attendance and fiscal support from their fanbase that is even anywhere close to what the reds see while consistently putting out bad squads. because ill tell you, they dont exist.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='565508' date='Oct 8 2007, 10:33 PM']you truly are a fucking idiot. the biggest difference in attendance of any sporting event is your teams winning percentage, so of course stl is going to have a shit ton of more people at their ball park. they actually go to the playoffs. they are the motherfucking world series champs and the reds are a .400 team that was second to last last year. why dont you at least compare relevant eras as stl had literally nobody at their games the last time they sucked and you couldnt even find a ticket to a reds game the last season they went to the series. the problem is with the ownership not willing to take an initial loss in order to create a successful ballclub and recoup their investment later. the problem is with ownership who for whatever reason view professional sports as a perfectly reasonable investment. the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the fans. tell me, smart guy, what seasonally shitty team sees consistently large support from its fanbase? and no i dont mean they were bad for a year, im talking about the teams that havnt made the playoffs in a decade type bad. so why dont you go ahead and tell me what clubs get better attendance and fiscal support from their fanbase that is even anywhere close to what the reds see while consistently putting out bad squads. because ill tell you, they dont exist.[/quote]the financial risks now are MUCH more significant than they were 10-20 years ago. the reds tv deal is shitty too and the cardinals tv deal is pretty nice. castellini cant do anything about that either. linder signed off on that one.

[quote][size=3][b]Jocketty won't be Reds GM[/b]
Krivsky, in last year of deal, still Castellini's man[/size]
BY JOHN FAY | JFAY@ENQUIRER.COM

Ever since Walt Jocketty was dismissed as the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, there's been speculation that he might end up with the Reds.

That's not the case, or at least he's not going to replace current GM Wayne Krivsky.

[b]"Wayne Krivsky is our GM. Period," CEO Bob Castellini said Monday through a spokesman.[/b]

Castellini knows Jocketty from the time Castellini spent as a limited partner with the Cardinals.

Castellini's statement leaves open the possibility that Jocketty could join the organization in some other capacity.

Krivsky has one year remaining on his contract. The club is 152-172 in his two years as general manager.

The Reds went 80-82 in his first year, but slipped this year.

Krivsky has steadily moved more and more of his people into place. Six of the first seven people listed in the baseball department came in on Krivsky's watch.

The club fired eight player development people, including two of the top three, in September.

The Reds are in the process of filling those jobs.[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071009/SPT04/710090320/1071/SPT"]Enquirer.com[/url]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='565526' date='Oct 8 2007, 11:00 PM']the financial risks now are MUCH more significant than they were 10-20 years ago. the reds tv deal is shitty too and the cardinals tv deal is pretty nice. castellini cant do anything about that either. linder signed off on that one.[/quote]
please let me in on your wisdom of the tv deals. The reds had all but 8 of their games televised this past season. provide the numbers please so i can see and we can shoot down your bullshit quickly just like the market size thing.

you dont get it at all. The reds must increase their payroll about 30 million and probably take a hit the first year then the years coming after that because you have the talent, you will fill the stadium and make up the money and increase your radio and tv revenue.

Does anybody know if there is anyone the Reds have officially contacted yet?Don't know much about Girardi,but if he is indeed a disciplinarian ,I would not object to his hiring.I like the possibility of hiring O'Neill as well.He would be bench coach or something you are figuring,I would assume.

[quote name='schotzee' post='566410' date='Oct 10 2007, 09:42 AM']Does anybody know if there is anyone the Reds have officially contacted yet?Don't know much about Girardi,but if he is indeed a disciplinarian ,I would not object to his hiring.I like the possibility of hiring O'Neill as well.He would be bench coach or something you are figuring,I would assume.[/quote]
wherever girardi goes, oneil goes with him.

[quote][size=3][b]Things I''m told tonight[/b][/size]

Bob Brenly is not a candidate for the job. The Reds would have to move off their "extremley short list" for his name to become a factor.[b] Joe Girardi is not interested in the job.[/b] All signs point to Dusty Baker.[/quote]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

:22:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='567501' date='Oct 11 2007, 11:36 PM']well i dont give a shit anymore. this team is so fucked they cant even get the interest of a good manager.[/quote]

Who are you fooling? You do give a shit...... just like the rest of us. It's just your personality to say "fuck it". We all say it at some point, but we and you still care.

My opinion on Joe Girardi is that he is not a good fit with Krivsky. As long as Krivsky is here, then I think there is some limitations. I don't see Larusa or Giradi fitting in. Don't get me wrong, I like Girardi - not so much Larusa. I'm just looking at the fit with Krivsky. If Krivsky goes then my opinion changes to the complete opposite.

Archived