Football Departments

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='565627' date='Oct 9 2007, 05:35 AM']It's been posted so many times, I'm not going to bother to do the research for you again. You can go look it up for yourself. This team has spent up to the cap for at least the last 5 years or so, and has extended the contracts of its key players also. Not sure what else you expect.

You know, you being a sourpuss isn't what makes you an ass. What makes you an ass is that when facts are presented to enlighten you in response to your bullshit posts, you don't actually bother to read them and learn something. [b]It really gets old.[/b][/quote]

...and the rest of us. ;)

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565353' date='Oct 8 2007, 05:04 PM']What ? You`re saying that if the Bengals had more scouts,
that Henry would have had yards last week ?
Or are you saying that he wouldn`t have been drafted ?

Either way, that`s stupid.[/quote]

I am saying that for one reason or another, we reach and take chances on character guys. Smallish scouting dept would be my first guess.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565769' date='Oct 9 2007, 10:41 AM']I am saying that for one reason or another, we reach and take chances on character guys. Smallish scouting dept would be my first guess.[/quote]

A lot of teams draft character players with first round talent, in the later rounds.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565769' date='Oct 9 2007, 11:41 AM']I am saying that for one reason or another, we reach and take chances on character guys. Smallish scouting dept would be my first guess.[/quote]

You mean like that punk ass Brandon Meriweather? Which stupid team drafted him this year? I bet they don't have shit for a scouting department.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565775' date='Oct 9 2007, 11:49 AM']A lot of teams draft character players with first round talent, in the later rounds.[/quote]

true but ours seem to work out for the better a lot less than other teams.

And I'm tired of blaming all the Bengals problems on dumb luck, they are out to get us, etc.

After a while, the BS wears thin and there has to be some accountability.

And it isn't hard to find lack of commitment to winning, and it starts right from the top and trickles down.

Again, I think people confuse cause and effect when diagnosing the Bengals problems.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='565907' date='Oct 9 2007, 06:24 PM']You mean like that punk ass Brandon Meriweather? Which stupid team drafted him this year? I bet they don't have shit for a scouting department.[/quote]

Is it me or did I hear somewhere that we were warned about taking Merriweather or other players with issues? If it is true then that is really fucked up because if players aren't available for all teams to draft then why in the hell are they allowed to enter the draft?

[quote name='Storm' post='566139' date='Oct 9 2007, 06:53 PM']Is it me or did I hear somewhere that we were warned about taking Merriweather or other players with issues? If it is true then that is really fucked up because if players aren't available for all teams to draft then why in the hell are they allowed to enter the draft?[/quote]

I don't know that Merriweather was specifically mentioned, but I remember hearing that the Bengals draft decisions would be under scrutiny by the league from a character standpoint.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='566146' date='Oct 9 2007, 11:09 PM']I don't know that Merriweather was specifically mentioned, but I remember hearing that the Bengals draft decisions would be under scrutiny by the league from a character standpoint.[/quote]

If that is indeed true then the league should just make a list of players the Bengals are not allowed to draft <_<

funny, thier department was just as big when they were 6-10

here is the texans,,,

Grier, Bobby Associate Director of Pro Scouting
Strahm, Dale Director of College Scouting
Olsen, Chris Director of Football Administration
Bastin, Kevin Head Athletic Trainer
Brunetti, Jay Director of Equipment Services
Sparacino, Ken Director of Video Operations
Washington, Sean Director of Player Development
Richards, Lloyd Director of Football Operations
Malota, Joe Assistant Director of Video Operations
Gardner, Brian Director of Pro Personnel
Maccagnan, Mike Coordinator of College Scouting
Wells, Robert Video Operations Assistant
Zullick, Don Football Administration Coordinator
Snell, Christian Equipment Services Assistant
Ishop, Jon Assistant Athletic Trainer
Grupp, Matt Assistant Director, Equipment Services
Bryan, Larry Western Regional Scout
Hudspeth, Brian Southern Regional Scout
Lowe, Dr. Walter Team Physician
Clanton, Dr. Tom Team Orthopedist
Lintner, Dr. David Team Orthopedist
Muntz, Dr. James Team Internist
Braunreiter, Dr. David Team Internist
Spangler, Dr. William Team Emergency Physician
O'Brien, Dr. Tom Team Dentist
Harper, Dr. Dana Team Chiropractor
Anding, Roberta Team Dietician
Honn, Joni Team Massage Therapist
Tyler, Greg Team Chaplain
Colt, Tom Asst. Athletic Trainer, Crd. of Rehab
Davies, Amber Administrative Assistant, Scouting
Merritt, Bob College Scout
Martin, Mike College Scout
Hunt, Brandon Pro Scout
Carr, Jon College Scout
Beers, Bob College Scout
Lambert, Ed College Scout
Murphy, Kevin Pro Scout
Kohler, Mari Jo Administrative Assistant, Pro and College Scouting
West, Doug Operations Manager
Wilbanks, Susan Administrative Assistant, Football Operations

and the bengals was the same when they won the division and went 11-5.

what the fucking point?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='566191' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:45 PM']what the fucking point?[/quote]

The point is, if you are the Bengals, you try to get by with the least amount possible.

Makes solid business sense, and lousy NFL Football sense.

Not much of a debate here though... Yes the Bengals can get by with the scouts they have, no matter how few they have compared to the rest of the league. They are getting by quite well, actually. Quite well.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='566256' date='Oct 9 2007, 10:37 PM']The point is, if you are the Bengals, you try to get by with the least amount possible.

Makes solid business sense, and lousy NFL Football sense.

Not much of a debate here though... Yes the Bengals can get by with the scouts they have, no matter how few they have compared to the rest of the league. They are getting by quite well, actually. Quite well.[/quote]

the quality of the people you have far outweighs the quantity, the colts have gone 6-10 with double the staff and the bengals ahve gone 11-5 with half the staff, aside from the new nazi charector rules, the bengals under marv have done outstanding work drafting players, and under tags the offenders would be playing with little to no backlash. so its tough to fault the bengals for not predicting the future commish and his nazi ways, but the chargers i think had more arrests than we did, tank johnson, pacman, and countless others, everyone was hurt by it, its not bad scouting, those are pretty damn good players, that would be helping us win quite a bit...

its silliness and bitter grumpass banter. nothing less nothing more.

nor can scouting predict injuries, but you know thats had zero effect on the season thus far.

Archived