Paul Brown Vice President - Player Personnel
Jim Lippincott Director of Football Operations
Duke Tobin Director of Player Personnel
Greg Seamon Scout
Earl Biederman
John Cooper
Bill Tobin Scouting Consultants
Debbie LaRocco Personnel Assistant

[quote name='Harley' post='565186' date='Oct 8 2007, 05:56 PM']The list is missing Katie, a force equal to the Colt's entire department.
yes, this is sarcasm.[/quote]
Don't know why it's sarcasm. She's done a great job with the cap.

Anyone interested in reality would have to wonder how accurate/complete the rest of those lists are when she was such an obvious omission. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='565189' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:58 PM']Don't know why it's sarcasm. She's done a great job with the cap.

Anyone interested in reality would have to wonder how accurate/complete the rest of those lists are when she was such an obvious omission. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

You can look on Bengals.com under front office for the listing of everyone working for the Bengals.
Katy is in administration under Mike Brown..

The scouting department consists of Greg Seamon and 3 consultants ( Bill Tobin, John Cooper and Earl Biederman)

Duke Tobin, 36, ( son of Bill ) is Director of Player Personnel but along with those duties he scouts the midwest and plains areas for players .
Bill Tobin, 66, scouts the southeast....
East and West would seem to fall under Greg Seamon...

John Cooper, 70, works as a consultant and analyst for ESPN.
Earl Biederman, 72, works as a consultant...

Jim Lippencott and Pete Brown also do some scouting at the Senior Bowl and other bowls that invite prospective NFL players...The Combine is where all the Bengal scouts converge and match profiles of players..

This is all the info I could find on the scouting department.. Maybe they have part time scouts in different areas I dont know..
It does seem paltry compared to other teams...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565208' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:49 PM']The Bengals have 8 fulltime scouts and their coaches also help in the scouting.
I don`t see why this is a topic. Are the Bengals lacking talent ?
Are all their picks busts ?[/quote]

Who are the eight fulltime coaches? Where did you get the list?

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565208' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:49 PM']The Bengals have 8 fulltime scouts and their coaches also help in the scouting.
I don`t see why this is a topic. Are the Bengals lacking talent ?
Are all their picks busts ?[/quote]

old, while I agree that we aren't lacking talent, I don't think it would hurt to add a scout or two.

This is an example of where the Bengals aren't doing it wrong (as the talent is getting here), but they could be doing it better.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='565209' date='Oct 8 2007, 12:50 PM']Who are the eight fulltime coaches? Whaere did you get the list?[/quote]

I don`t know their names. And I don`t really care who they are.

I got the number from an article written in 2004. I posted it in
the "Marvin wants a GM" thread.

[quote][b]THE DRAFT ROOM [/b]

The Bengals have doubled the size of their scouting department - from four to eight - in the past two years. Lewis has employed an advance scout, believed to be a Bengals first, to watch the next opponent in person.[/quote]

[url="http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals/preview04/bengals10clue.html"]http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals/preview0...gals10clue.html[/url]

Also, I posted this in that same thread . . . a quote from an
article Hobson wrote before this year`s draft . . .

[quote][b]JERRY JONES' LAST FIVE DRAFTS:[/b]

(Starters are players who started the most games at that position. Bengals, Indy, New England, Denver, Seattle only teams without a losing record over last four years.)

Bengals: 42 players selected, 30 on roster, eight starters, 22 backups, six players on other teams, six out of the NFL.

pissburgh: 38 players, 22 on roster, nine starters, 13 backups, nine on other teams, seven out of the league.

Baltimore: 45 players, 28 on roster, nine starters, 19 backups, seven with other teams, 10 out of the league.

Cleveland: 39 players, 22 on roster, eight starters, 14 backups, 11 with other teams, six out of the league.

New England: 41 players, 23 on roster with 11 starters, 12 backups, 12 on other teams, six out of league.

Indy: 42 players, 22 on roster with 11 of each, seven on other teams, 13 out of the league.

Denver: 41 players, 16 on roster seven backups, nine starters, 10 on other teams, 15 out of the league.

Seattle: 41 players 23 on roster, nine starters, 14 backups, five on other teams, 13 out of league.[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6004"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6004[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565214' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:58 PM']I don`t know their names. And I don`t really care who they are.

I got the number from an article written in 2004. I posted it in
the "Marvin wants a GM" thread.
[url="http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals/preview04/bengals10clue.html"]http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals/preview0...gals10clue.html[/url]
Also, I posted this in that same thread . . . a quote from an
article Hobson wrote before this year`s draft . . .
[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6004"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6004[/url][/quote]

The 8 "fulltime" scouts arent listed in their scouting department personnel..

[quote name='oldschooler' post='565230' date='Oct 8 2007, 02:12 PM']So ? I don`t see an Adavnced Scout listed either.
But I don`t think Curnutte lied about it . .[/quote]

Paul Guenther was hired in 04 to be their advanced scout and consultant..
He's now the assistant special teams coach....
I dont think they have an advanced scout unless Seamon has to do that job as well.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='565233' date='Oct 8 2007, 02:22 PM']Paul Guenther was hired in 04 to be their advanced scout and consultant..
I dont think they have an advanced scout unless Seamon has to do that job as well.[/quote]

You have to count the coaches too.. On Saturdays they go to uc,uk,and ud games to scout players.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='565233' date='Oct 8 2007, 01:22 PM']Paul Guenther was hired in 04 to be their advanced scout and consultant..
I dont think they have an advanced scout unless Seamon has to do that job as well.[/quote]

Again, I don`t think Curnutte is lying.

And what does it matter anyway ?
Would it help if the Bengals hired more scouts ? More than likely.
But the same could be said of every team.

The Bengals draft well. They`re not drafting Sean Brewer and
Freddie Childress types of players. So I don`t see why this is a topic
or concern.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565337' date='Oct 8 2007, 04:46 PM']I don't know how you defend someone deliberately using less resources than other teams, but hey...[/quote]

old's making the point that we have been one of the more sucessful drafting teams, despite the smaller staff.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='565341' date='Oct 8 2007, 04:51 PM']old's making the point that we have been one of the more sucessful drafting teams, despite the smaller staff.[/quote]

really?

Depends how you measure success, I guess. Yeah, Chris Henry is da man! How many yards did he have last week?

Hey I'm not saying you can't get by with a smaller staff. Hell, one guy could probably do it nowadays, with all the technology available.

But a bigger staff of qualified people will give you an edge, just as sure as not having one won't.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565342' date='Oct 8 2007, 04:54 PM']really?

Depends how you measure success, I guess. Yeah, Chris Henry is da man! How many yards did he have last week?

Hey I'm not saying you can't get by with a smaller staff. Hell, one guy could probably do it nowadays, with all the technology available.

But a bigger staff of qualified people will give you an edge, just as sure as not having one won't.[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing that I wish we had a few more scouts. I'm just not going to sit there and ignore that we're still doing pretty damn good at drafting without them.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='565342' date='Oct 8 2007, 03:54 PM']really?

[b]Depends how you measure success, I guess. Yeah, Chris Henry is da man! How many yards did he have last week?[/b]

But a bigger staff of qualified people will give you an edge, just as sure as not having one won't.[/quote]

What ? You`re saying that if the Bengals had more scouts,
that Henry would have had yards last week ?
Or are you saying that he wouldn`t have been drafted ?

Either way, that`s stupid.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='565189' date='Oct 8 2007, 04:58 PM'][b]Don't know why it's sarcasm. [size=2]She's done a great job with the cap. [/size][/b]

Anyone interested in reality would have to wonder how accurate/complete the rest of those lists are when she was such an obvious omission. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img][/quote]

You're right, I'd be willing to bet no team has pocketed more cap money than the Brown family -_-

[quote name='Storm' post='565447' date='Oct 9 2007, 01:27 AM']You're right, I'd be willing to bet no team has pocketed more cap money than the Brown family -_-[/quote]
It's been posted so many times, I'm not going to bother to do the research for you again. You can go look it up for yourself. This team has spent up to the cap for at least the last 5 years or so, and has extended the contracts of its key players also. Not sure what else you expect.

You know, you being a sourpuss isn't what makes you an ass. What makes you an ass is that when facts are presented to enlighten you in response to your bullshit posts, you don't actually bother to read them and learn something. It really gets old.

Archived