HAS THE SKY ALREADY FALLEN ???

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is the season already over ?

• Yes
    • No
    • hanging by a thread
    • no way .. plenty of games to go
  2. 2. Will the Bengals make the playoffs this year ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Chuck be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should Bratkowski be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Should Levi be cut ?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Should Marvin be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Which is worst ?

• The teams Offense
    • The teams Defense
    • The teams Special teams
  8. 8. Should Carson be benched for Jeff Rowe ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Should Chad be benched for Chatman ?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Do you think you're good enough to play LB for the Bengals ?

• Yes
    • No
  11. 11. Are we the worst team in the NFL ?

• Yes
    • No
    • top 5 worst
    • top 10 worst
  12. 12. Biggest hurdle to success ?

• injuries
    • refs
    • coaching
    • players
    • selfishness

Hanging by a thread.
No, we won't make the playoffs.
Dump Chuck.
Dump Bres.
Keep Marvin.
Cut / Trade Levi.
Worst unit - this is subjective. Based on expectations going in is what I used and said offense. We've got what 68-73% of our cap tied up in offense and we live and die with our offense. Right now we're dying. Is the defense doing anything differently that we thought they would?

Expected a great offense - getting about a 23-26 offense.
Expected a mediocre defense, at best - getting about a mediocre defense, at best.

There you go.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569684' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:10 PM']Your a fucking idiot.

Do you not read anything I post?

I dont have issue with FA, I have issue with taking 30+ year old players in FA that will break down.

I'd love Lance Briggs, he isnt 30+.
I would have loved Pat Williams, he isnt 30+ (but he didnt even give us a chance did he?)

I wouldnt mind hanyensworth, but he is a troubled player that we will not take a chance on.
So guess what that means? WE HAVE TO BUILD THOUGH THE DRAFT, WE HAVE NO CHOICE WHEN YOUNG IMPACT PLAYERS WOLNT COME HERE.[/quote]

Pat Williams is 34 btw...

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='569664' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:01 PM']Looking back over the past 5-7 years. About 75% of DTs taken high in the draft have been complete and utter failures. I mean, very big busts. There are very very few who have panned out. I recall a year or two where there was a shitload of DTs taken high, and most all of them aren't even on teams now.[/quote]

All I know is Bmore took a good one, the texans look to have taken a good one, im sure if i spent the time I could find more.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569693' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:15 PM']you know what i meant[/quote]

No, I don't. In one sentence, you say it is retarded to sign a FA over 30, or that it is retarded for us "normal people, who aren't lucky enough to be the voice of reason like you" to want a FA over thirty, and then in the next sentence the "holy one who is smarter than all" says he wanted a FA who was way over 30.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569684' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:10 PM']Your a fucking idiot.

Do you not read anything I post?

I dont have issue with FA, I have issue with taking 30+ year old players in FA that will break down.

I'd love Lance Briggs, he isnt 30+.
I would have loved Pat Williams, he isnt 30+ (but he didnt even give us a chance did he?)

I wouldnt mind hanyensworth, but he is a troubled player that we will not take a chance on.
So guess what that means? WE HAVE TO BUILD THOUGH THE DRAFT, WE HAVE NO CHOICE WHEN YOUNG IMPACT PLAYERS WOLNT COME HERE.[/quote]

LMAO looks like a few 30+ free agents are playing well for the Patriots today.....I don't where the hell people have gotten it into their heads that football ends at 30.

Always the Bengals....building for the future and not right now.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569698' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:19 PM']No, I don't. In one sentence, you say it is retarded to sign a FA over 30, or that it is retarded for us "normal people, who aren't lucky enough to be the voice of reason like you" to want a FA over thirty, and then in the next sentence the "holy one who is smarter than all" says he wanted a FA who was way over 30.[/quote]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569703' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:20 PM']LMAO looks like a few 30+ free agents are playing well for the Patriots today.....I don't where the hell people have gotten it into their heads that football ends at 30.

Always the Bengals....building for the future and not right now.[/quote]

What makes you think the Bengals are going to get good ones? We didnt during the 90s, were you not watching?

Michael Westbrook... yeah he helped
Guss Ferrotte.... awsome QB

I could go on...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569711' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:26 PM']What makes you think the Bengals are going to get good ones? We didnt during the 90s, were you not watching?
Michael Westbrook... yeah he helped
Guss Ferrotte.... awsome QB
I could go on...[/quote]

Ahhh so your saying screw up a couple times and we should just quit trying....gotcha. Building through the draft and signing our own is doing wonders.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569712' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:27 PM']Ahhh so your saying screw up a couple times and we should just quit trying....gotcha.[/quote]

Guess Mike Brown should've sold the team years ago then huh?

Or maybe we should just forfeit the rest of the season because we have sucked hard so far.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569712' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:27 PM']Ahhh so your saying screw up a couple times and we should just quit trying....gotcha. Building through the draft and signing our own is doing wonders.[/quote]

No Im saying your [color="#FF0000"]ass[/color]uming that top teir FA want to come to play here. What top teir players have we had a honest chance at? Warren Sapp is about all that comes to mind

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569716' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:29 PM']No Im saying your [color="#FF0000"]ass[/color]uming that top teir FA want to come to play here. What top teir players have we had a honest chance at? Warren Sapp is about all that comes to mind[/quote]

omg the voice of reason highlighted the ass part!!!!11

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569716' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:29 PM']No Im saying your [color="#FF0000"]ass[/color]uming that top teir FA want to come to play here. What top teir players have we had a honest chance at? Warren Sapp is about all that comes to mind[/quote]Maybe, if for once we offered what it takes to bring in a premiere free agent.[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569719' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:31 PM']omg the voice of reason highlighted the ass part!!!!11[/quote]Total tally....the voice of reason has called me a "Fucking idiot" and an "ass".....

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569719' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:31 PM']omg the voice of reason highlighted the ass part!!!!11[/quote]

Do you get off on being a tool? No really? Honest question, because its all you do.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569720' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:31 PM']Maybe, if for once we offered what it takes to bring in a premiere free agent.[/quote]

Sapp was the only one who came in that we had a honest chance at that wasnt using us to raise the price.

I cant think of any other that wanted to play here that wasnt using us.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569720' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:32 PM']Maybe, if for once we offered what it takes to bring in a premiere free agent.Total tally....the voice of reason has called me a "Fucking idiot" and an "ass".....[/quote]

Tally, I wasnt the one coming after anyone when this started.

HOLY SHIT OWN NOBODY HAS BEEN BANNED, I CANT BELIEVE JAMIE_B IS ALLOWING PEOPLE TO HAVE OTHER OPINOINS...I THOUGHT HE WAS A NATZI GESTAPO THAT CANT ACCEPT OTHER OPINIONS. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

(dissagree with them yes, but not allow them no)

This defense needs to be blown up.

At the end of the season:

Step 1. Fire any and all defensive coaches.

Step 2. Let all defensive free agents walk including Justin Smith.

Step 3. Sign the best LB you can find in free agency(Lance Briggs/Karlos Dansby)

Step 4. Sell out and get Michael Turner for Running back and if we get him release Rudi Johnson.

Step 5. Figure out if Levi Jones is ever going to be the same...if not consider having him bulk up and move to guard.

Step 6. Use remaining funds to re-sign Stacy Andrews and sign any other role players we need around the league.

Step 7. Draft defense in the first four rounds with emphasis on Safety, pass rushing DE and LB.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569728' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:36 PM']Do you get off on being a tool? No really? Honest question, because its all you do.Sapp was the only one who came in that we had a honest chance at that wasnt using us to raise the price. I cant think of any other that wanted to play here that wasnt using us.[/quote]Do you get off on thinking you're better and smarter than everyone else? Honest question, because that's all you do.[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569734' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:40 PM']Tally, I wasnt the one coming after anyone when this started.HOLY SHIT OWN NOBODY HAS BEEN BANNED, I CANT BELIEVE JAMIE_B IS ALLOWING PEOPLE TO HAVE OTHER OPINOINS...I THOUGHT HE WAS A NATZI GESTAPO THAT CANT ACCEPT OTHER OPINIONS. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?(dissagree with them yes, but not allow them no)[/quote]Post whore in their threads, belittle them, yes, not allow them to, no.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569736' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:41 PM']This defense needs to be blown up.

At the end of the season:

Step 1. Fire any and all defensive coaches.

Step 2. Let all defensive free agents walk including Justin Smith.

Step 3. Sign the best LB you can find in free agency(Lance Briggs/Karlos Dansby)

Step 4. Sell out and get Michael Turner for Running back and if we get him release Rudi Johnson.

Step 5. Figure out if Levi Jones is ever going to be the same...if not consider having him bulk up and move to guard.

Step 6. Use remaining funds to re-sign Stacy Andrews and sign any other role players we need around the league.

Step 7. Draft defense in the first four rounds with emphasis on Safety, pass rushing DE and LB.[/quote]

I agree with almost all of this.. WTF?!?!?

Going after Turner, I dont know. I would like to see what we have in Irons, I hate wasting high draft picks and I dont want to put all of our money on the O side of the ball, and I think Turner is going to get PAID.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569738' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:44 PM']Do you get off on thinking you're better and smarter than everyone else? Honest question, because that's all you do.Post whore in their threads, belittle them, yes, not allow them to, no.[/quote]

Just because I disagree with people doesnt mean I think Im smarter than them, but when you come after me dont for a second think I will back down from you.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569739' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:45 PM']I agree with almost all of this.. WTF?!?!?

Going after Turner, I dont know. I would like to see what we have in Irons, I hate wasting high draft picks and I dont want to put all of our money on the O side of the ball, and I think Turner is going to get PAID.[/quote]

I agree he is going to get paid...because he is a game breaker...something we desperately need in the run game. I would like to think Irons would be that, but he already has a blown out knee. I don't think we can afford to sit on our hands and hope for players to get healthy while the other players get another year older.

Archived