HAS THE SKY ALREADY FALLEN ???

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is the season already over ?

• Yes
    • No
    • hanging by a thread
    • no way .. plenty of games to go
  2. 2. Will the Bengals make the playoffs this year ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Chuck be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Should Bratkowski be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Should Levi be cut ?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Should Marvin be fired ?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Which is worst ?

• The teams Offense
    • The teams Defense
    • The teams Special teams
  8. 8. Should Carson be benched for Jeff Rowe ?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Should Chad be benched for Chatman ?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. Do you think you're good enough to play LB for the Bengals ?

• Yes
    • No
  11. 11. Are we the worst team in the NFL ?

• Yes
    • No
    • top 5 worst
    • top 10 worst
  12. 12. Biggest hurdle to success ?

• injuries
    • refs
    • coaching
    • players
    • selfishness

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569745' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:50 PM']I agree he is going to get paid...because he is a game breaker...something we desperately need in the run game. I would like to think Irons would be that, but he already has a blown out knee. I don't think we can afford to sit on our hands and hope for players to get healthy while the other players get another year older.[/quote]

If we were talking about Chris Perry I'd agree, but getting hurt once make that a tough call. And whether people want to realize it or not we do have to play by the rules of the cap.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569750' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:51 PM']:lol:

[img]http://www.yle.fi/vega/bilder/hundrahits/MCHammerPleaseHammerDontHurtThemAlbumcover.jpg[/img]
(oh wait was that a "post whore move")[/quote]

Yeah, posting nothing but a picture is a post whore move. Very similar to something BlackJesus would do, and we all know what eventually happened with him...

All this team needs is to make smarter choices, i do think we need a mix of draft picks and fa.We are not the pats or the colts and there is no other team in the league like them..I always hate the comparisons..I do think we would be better without injury but for us to make it over the top we need some leaders, not these so called self appointed leaders by the fans..We need proven nfl leaders.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='569753' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:52 PM']Yeah, posting nothing but a picture is a post whore move. Very similar to something BlackJesus would do, and we all know what eventually happened with him...[/quote]

Too bad.

No BJ lost his rights because he was suspending people and editing posts to boot. I havent done that at all.

Nice try though.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='569751' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:52 PM']If we were talking about Chris Perry I'd agree, but getting hurt once make that a tough call. And whether people want to realize it or not we do have to play by the rules of the cap.[/quote]

If you let the defensive players go and release Rudi...that gives us 34 million to spend before any increase in the salary cap. Plenty of money if the contracts are structured right.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569736' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:41 PM']This defense needs to be blown up.

At the end of the season:

Step 1. Fire any and all defensive coaches.

Step 2. Let all defensive free agents walk including Justin Smith.

Step 3. Sign the best LB you can find in free agency(Lance Briggs/Karlos Dansby)

Step 4. Sell out and get Michael Turner for Running back and if we get him release Rudi Johnson.

Step 5. Figure out if Levi Jones is ever going to be the same...if not consider having him bulk up and move to guard.

Step 6. Use remaining funds to re-sign Stacy Andrews and sign any other role players we need around the league.

Step 7. Draft defense in the first four rounds with emphasis on Safety, pass rushing DE and LB.[/quote]

Agree with #'s 1,2, and partially 3. I'd keep Landon, Jeanty, and MAYBE Caleb, depending on how things go with the rest of the corp. I'd also keep Indy Jones for special teams.

Don't agree with #4 as the money is needed else-where. Agree that we have to figure out about Levi, dunno about moving him to guard. Agree on 6, and mostly on 7. I think we need to get a solid WR/TE in this years draft.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='569760' date='Oct 14 2007, 05:57 PM']If you let the defensive players go and release Rudi...that gives us 34 million to spend before any increase in the salary cap. Plenty of money if the contracts are structured right.[/quote]

Which I would love to spend on Briggs, he has a clause in his contract that says if he plays 75% of the snaps this season the bears cant tag him again.

I think we can afford ONE big name, Im not so sure we could afford more. (if were talking about keeping stacey as well)

Archived