Starting LBs this week?

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='572672' date='Oct 18 2007, 05:20 PM']We need Jeanty back on the field !![/quote]

I really don't understand the hype on Jeanty. What did he ever really do on the field last year? Don't get me wrong he was solid but definitely wasn't any kind of playmaker for the defense. Only thing I see going for him is that he's young.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='572875' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:40 PM']I really don't understand the hype on Jeanty. What did he ever really do on the field last year? Don't get me wrong he was solid but definitely wasn't any kind of playmaker for the defense. Only thing I see going for him is that he's young.[/quote]

Completely agree.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='572875' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:40 AM']I really don't understand the hype on Jeanty. What did he ever really do on the field last year? Don't get me wrong he was solid but definitely wasn't any kind of playmaker for the defense. Only thing I see going for him is that he's young.[/quote]

You're right. This team is much better with its 8th and 9th best LBs on the field. :rolleyes:

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='572885' date='Oct 18 2007, 10:48 PM']You're right. This team is much better with its 8th and 9th best LBs on the field. :rolleyes:[/quote]

No its not, but lets not go jumping to the conclusion that Jeanty is going to make things dramaticly better. It will help, but not like getting Brooks back would.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='572887' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:49 AM']I guess my point is that who says he isn't the 8th or 9th best LB we can put on the field.[/quote]

Well, since Marvin calls him a starter (one of his 3 best LBs), and knows a ton more about football than you, I'll have to stick with his opinion.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='572890' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:51 AM']No its not, but lets not go jumping to the conclusion that Jeanty is going to make things dramaticly better. It will help, but not like getting Brooks back would.[/quote]

I think Brooks is the single biggest difference maker on D. So yeah, I'd rather have him back. But Jeanty is a key player on D and special teams, and I'm thrilled to have him back (if he's actually finally back)

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:02 PM' post='572902']
Well, since Marvin calls him a starter (one of his 3 best LBs), and knows a ton more about football than you, I'll have to stick with his opinion.

LOL... the single most dumbass remark you see on these message boards. You can always break out the Marvin knows more about football than you quote. wow! You don't have to like my opinion. But don't try to pad yours by saying some guy who has overseen one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last five years knows everything. Because obviously he doesn't.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='572909' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:06 PM'][quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='572902' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:02 PM']
LOL... the single most dumbass remark you see on these message boards. You can always break out the Marvin knows more about football than you quote. wow! You don't have to like my opinion. But don't try to pad yours by saying some guy who has overseen one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last five years knows everything. Because obviously he doesn't.[/quote][/quote]

and if he didnt coach argueably the best defense in the history of the leauge you may have a point.

reguardless I agree on jeanty, but he was supposed to be a backup (pollack's) anyway wasnt he? ;)

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='572909' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:06 AM']LOL... the single most dumbass remark you see on these message boards. You can always break out the Marvin knows more about football than you quote. wow! You don't have to like my opinion. But don't try to pad yours by saying some guy who has overseen one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last five years knows everything. Because obviously he doesn't.[/quote]
Jeanty was a solid contributor last year on D and teams. To think he won't improve this D is pure fucking idiocy.

The single most dumbass remark is you calling Marvin out for all of the fucking injuries on this D. Like he wouldn't have a better squad on the field if Weathersby, Pollack, Jeanty, Brooks, Miller, Pollack, Odell, etc, etc, etc were on the field.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='572917' date='Oct 19 2007, 04:11 AM']and if he didnt coach argueably the best defense in the history of the leauge you may have a point.

reguardless I agree on jeanty, but he was supposed to be a backup (pollack's) anyway wasnt he? ;)[/quote]
If Jeanty was a 2nd teamer on this D, we would be MUCH better of for sure. But that's because the talent ahead of him would be much better than the guys behind him on the depth chart, not because Jeanty is not a damn good ball player.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='572645' date='Oct 18 2007, 04:38 PM']and the team's excuse the 5 years before he was on the team?[/quote]how many times have we had to change MLBs?[quote name='Bengals1181' post='572650' date='Oct 18 2007, 04:42 PM']just ignore Thurman. Its in his nature (and Nati's) to bash all things Ohio State.[/quote]it was a fucking question.

[quote name='sois' post='572991' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:46 AM']Schlegel seemed to play with alot of fire in KC. I'd give him another shot.[/quote]
Yeah I think the Schlegal beagle will start again.. Seems to play the run around the interior decently. no wheels though.
Geathers and Johnson on his sides will probably be enough for the lowly Jets offense..

Offensively the Bengals have to establish the run... can they? I have no idea what Levi and Willie will bring to the table this week...

I think we win but a closer game than many expect ......23-16 or there abouts.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='573100' date='Oct 19 2007, 09:42 AM']because Schlegel is terrible, and its wishful thinking...[/quote]

Do you watch football? When you do, do you undertand what you see. Schlegel has played well -- not great, but well. He missed one tackle Saturday -- it was a big one -- but it was just one.

Larry, Curly, Moe :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Jeanty is good agains the run. Ok against the pass. He is a situational LBer. Nothing wrong with that and he potentially makes us better. Is he in game shape?

I believe our top 3 lbers excluding Pollack/Thurman were Marshall, Brooks, Landon. Jeanty would have started early becasue Marshall was new. Marshall would have taken over and Jeanty, Miller, others would provide situational/relief minutes. Of course Marshal is done so he is out of the picture.

Jeanty has not played all year and may add value but he will not be the answer. Of course value will be added with the return of each potnetial player including Jeanty, Brooks, Miller and hopefully others.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='572920' date='Oct 18 2007, 11:16 PM']Jeanty was a solid contributor last year on D and teams. To think he won't improve this D is pure fucking idiocy.

The single most dumbass remark is you calling Marvin out for all of the fucking injuries on this D.[/quote]

yes the D sux this year because of injuries.

And....what was the excuse last year?

And the year before?

And the year before?

Poor Marvin lewis and his bad luck... NEXT YEAR though, watch out, right? :rolleyes:

Sooner or later, you quit blaming shit on luck and you start to look for the cause(s).

When you take off your orange glasses and pom-poms, thats where you can find us. ;)

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='573178' date='Oct 19 2007, 05:23 PM']yes the D sux this year because of injuries.

And....what was the excuse last year?

And the year before?

And the year before?

Poor Marvin lewis and his bad luck... NEXT YEAR though, watch out, right? :rolleyes:

Sooner or later, you quit blaming shit on luck and you start to look for the cause(s).

When you take off your orange glasses and pom-poms, thats where you can find us. ;)[/quote]
You can shove the pom poms up your ass.

This team has been devastated by injury. Everyone knows the team needed to cut loose older, non-performing players (see Simmons, Brian, James, Tory, etc) with younger, more able players in order to be successful for the long run. And the team has tried that. How in the hell is it Marvin's fault that every damn LB on the team gets hurt, or that the young guys who have no experience yet don't play like vets from the get go.

Sooner or later, lady luck will turn our way, and guys like Pollack, Weathersby, Brooks, Miller, Jeanty, Rucker, Fanene, ad nausem... will be healthy and lead the youth movement. Until then, we are fucked. And it has no more to do with Marvin than it has to do with you being a shortsighted ass. :wave:

[quote name='Legoland' post='573288' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:59 PM']Ok I get it he's wrong because he's a Homer and your right because your not.
Yeah that makes sense. :thumbsdown:[/quote]

no, but if someone is blaming the Bengals problems on dumb luck AGAIN this year, then they would be the shortsighted ones, not I.

Shortsighted indeed. The Bengals were barely worth a damn even before the lost decade. Hit or miss. Usually miss. Hell, Kenny almost got benched before he could take us to XVI.

As far as this year though...

Is it Marvin? The trainers? The doctors? The Waterboy? Who knows.

But I'll tell you what it ain't.

Bad Luck.

I don't know what is more puzzling: Fan's annual blame on "bad luck" instead of poor design, or the perception that the Bengals could possibly have a "bandwagon."

The Steelers have a bandwagon. Certainly the Patriots do. But the Bengals? C'mon now... Don't get me wrong. I grew up on the Bengals. I will always be a Bengals fan. But know your Bengal history. Even lost decade aside, this team has hadly ever been very good, and when they are, its always a one-year-wonder type deal.

Thats why I was more upset than most fans when Carson went down in 05. Because I KNEW that was the Bengals blind squirrel/nut season, and it was cut short.

Which is fine. It makes us appreciate success more when it comes, I guess.

But a bandwagon?
Get real. Bandwagons are for closers too.

Archived