Browns vs. Steelers

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='590577' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:14 PM']What's funny is that now that Anderson is "for real" they still traded away next year's first round pick for Lady Quinn who may never start.[/quote]
Browns have the option of trading Anderson to Atlanta or Miami for a top five draft pick and take Glen Dorsey to solidify their woeful dline..
just an idea

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='590576' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:13 PM']Good challenge by Crennel..
had to run out to the 30yrd line for officials to recognize the fact he threw the flag.
hummmmmmmmmm???
Browns will need all the points they can get early ...
Steelers will come back on the Brown defense ..hopefully the Browns can hold on.
Derek Anderson is the real deal... [b]what to do with Quinn now[/b]???[/quote]

To paraphrase one of the talking heads on TV, he'll most likely sit for a year or two and then trade him for draft picks to a team desperate for a QB...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='590581' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:17 PM']To paraphrase one of the talking heads on TV, he'll most likely sit for a year or two and then trade him for draft picks to a team desperate for a QB...[/quote]
And get what? a third rounder?
They could get a top five pick for Anderson, draft Glenn Dorsey and start Quinn next year.
Thats how Id play it .. They wanted Quinn bad enough to give up a first rounder so use him next year and get a blue chip DT to anchor the Dline...

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='590579' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:16 PM']Browns have the option of trading Anderson to Atlanta or Miami for a top five draft pick and take Glen Dorsey to solidify their woeful dline..
just an idea[/quote]

Trading Anderson would be insane, teams fail year in year out trying to find QBs who can do what he's done already in the NFL. There's no way you let that proven talent go.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='590583' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:20 PM']Trading Anderson would be insane, teams fail year in year out trying to find QBs who can do what he's done already in the NFL. There's no way you let that proven talent go.[/quote]
I disagree....
Browns Wanted Quinn bad enough to trade a first rounder for him..
They could get that pick back and get a player that could really help their defensive line.
Browns are like the 05 Bengals.. all offense ...no defense..
smart money would be to improve their defense and no better time to do it than
this year with Anderson having a good year.....

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='590587' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:27 PM']Sorry but there's no way in hell that anyone trades away a top 5 pick for Derek Anderson. That's the funniest thing I have ever heard![/quote]

Why is it so funny that a team in desperate need of a QB would trade their top pick for a QB with a rating of close to 100 with 20 touchdowns passes in a little over 8 games?
Case you havent noticed his numbers are better than Palmer right now...

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='590586' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:26 PM']I disagree....
Browns Wanted Quinn bad enough to trade a first rounder for him..
They could get that pick back and get a player that could really help their defensive line.
Browns are like the 05 Bengals.. all offense ...no defense..
smart money would be to improve their defense and no better time to do it than
this year with Anderson having a good year.....[/quote]

Quinn is unproven. Just because you made one mistake doesn't mean you compound it by then basing your future on that mistake. Every team in the NFL needs a franchise QB more than ANYTHING. We're lucky we have Palmer, or we'd probably be 0-8 right now. They have their franchise QB, and to trade him away (which they aren't going to do, I can guarantee that) for another unproven player, just wouldn't make sense. Not to mention depth at the QB position is never a bad thing...

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='590593' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:31 PM']Why is it so funny that a team in desperate need of a QB would trade their top pick for a QB with a rating of close to 100 with 20 touchdowns passes in a little over 8 games?
Case you havent noticed his numbers are better than Palmer right now...[/quote]
There is no way in hell an NFL franchise would trade away a top 5 pick for a quarterback with only 1 season of success, and that's assuming he keeps it up the rest of the year. He's too young, still unproven, and still throws a lot of interceptions. MAYBE a second round pick.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='590597' date='Nov 11 2007, 02:34 PM']There is no way in hell an NFL franchise would trade away a top 5 pick for a quarterback with only 1 season of success, and that's assuming he keeps it up the rest of the year. He's too young, still unproven, and still throws a lot of interceptions. MAYBE a second round pick.[/quote]
Well thats your opinion.. I dont agree..
you and CTBengals can debate it...

I didnt say they would or wouldnt ..
I said I would...

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='590615' date='Nov 11 2007, 03:06 PM']It's probably because this is a much better game. The Packers were destroying the Vikings.

Remember when we destroyed the Vikings back in 2005? Ah memories...[/quote]
Well that's when Culpepper was at QB and nobody knew who AD was :lol:

Speaking of AD, he just got hurt <_<

Archived