... DEDE DORSEY

[quote name='IKOTA' post='607180' date='Dec 10 2007, 06:49 PM']What I don't understand is that he didn't fumble in the first half (OK..OK..the one out of bounds which he went down funny on) but only touched the ball once more in the game. That doesn't make sense and I understand that different situations dictate different personnel packages but I cannot buy that there was no situation in the second half that would warrant Mr. Dorsey running the ball.[/quote]

maybe he's been fumbling a lot in practice. :shrug:

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='607152' date='Dec 10 2007, 05:50 PM']You say he fumbled again? He's never fumbled the ball .[/quote]

You may be right, but he did fumble yesterday. Like 1181 said, maybe he fumbles a lot in practice??? I dunno, but its something Marvin has hinted about before... Just like, something he needs to work on.

I really don't care if Dorsey fumbles in practice...by that logic, Rudi must be tearing it up in practice to keep getting the amount of carries he gets in the games.
Wait, I know, Dorsey wouldn't have that kind of success without Rudi "softening up" the defense.... :rolleyes:
There is absolutely NO reason DeDe should have gotten only 1 carry in the second half....NONE...it's obvious dude needs to get 10-15 carries a game.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='607236' date='Dec 10 2007, 09:23 PM']I really don't care if Dorsey fumbles in practice...by that logic, Rudi must be tearing it up in practice to keep getting the amount of carries he gets in the games.
Wait, I know, Dorsey wouldn't have that kind of success without Rudi "softening up" the defense.... :rolleyes:
There is absolutely NO reason DeDe should have gotten only 1 carry in the second half....NONE...it's obvious dude needs to get 10-15 carries a game.[/quote]

he isnt very big, there isnt a snowballs chance in hell he could carry a game load, or even half a game load... i think he is smaller than shayne graham.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='607328' date='Dec 11 2007, 02:10 AM']As of right now DeDe only has a set numbers of plays. The team had a gameplan and stuck with it. If he keeps it up, and shows he can carry more of a workload he will get more chances. He also needs to get better in pass protection. With this team that is huge.[/quote]

good point. Haven't thought that they've only worked on a certain number of plays with DeDe, especially since he's the 3rd RB.

IMO, they should start breaking it down like this:

Rudi - 15 touches (his favorite/best rushing plays)
Watson - 10 touches (mix of runs and screens)
DeDe - 10 touches (mix of runs and screens)

That should work them all in well, and take pressure off of Carson as well. If one of them is going well, give them a few extra touches. Then re-evaluate after the game to see if anyone deserves more touches or less.

[quote][size=5][b]One that got away[/b][/size]
By Jim Thomas
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
12/11/2007

It's not just the big mistakes in personnel evaluation that can haunt a team. Sometimes it's the little ones. From the second floor of Rams Park in Earth City, the scouting department can practically see Lindenwood University across the Missouri River.

It's not that running back DeDe Dorsey escaped the Rams' notice. He was brought in for a pre-draft visit before the 2006 draft after earning NAIA All-American honors on both offense and defense. But Dorsey signed with Indianapolis as a rookie free agent in '06, and hurt the Rams with three early running plays Sunday for Cincinnati.

On third and 5 from the St. Louis 37 midway through the first quarter, Dorsey broke a tackle by Rams cornerback Fakhir Brown and raced 19 yards, keeping alive the Bengals' one and only touchdown drive of the day.

Early in the second quarter, Dorsey took what looked like a short screen pass from quarterback Carson Palmer, faked out cornerback Ron Bartell near the line of scrimmage and sprinted 45 yards to the Rams 35. Official scorers later changed the play to a run, ruling that Palmer's toss was not a forward pass. Later in that drive, Dorsey gained 14 yards on third-and-2, setting up the first of four Shayne Graham field goals.

Dorsey finished with four carries for 81 yards.

"He energized us," Bengals teammate Willie Anderson said. "He's got players and coaches hoping he gets more carries. ... DeDe is a guy that changes the pace of the game, and makes it much faster."

[b]UPON FURTHER REVIEW[/b]

Speaking of Bartell, not only was he about to snuff out a Cincinnati scoring drive, it looked like he had a chance to return an interception a long way early in the second quarter. But on the way out of the end zone — oops! — Bartell dropped the football.

So instead of an interception, it was an incomplete pass. The Bengals kicked a field goal on the next play to take a 10-0 lead. It turned out to be a big three points in a 19-10 Cincinnati victory.

"I kept trying to pull it in," said Bartell, who did get an interception on Cincinnati's next series. "But between my bad hands, the rain, and the wet gloves, it was tough. I let it get away from me. It was pretty disappointing because it could've saved three points on the board."[/quote]

[url="http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/445BF07C6FB5806E862573AE0018A0F6?OpenDocument"]http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...F6?OpenDocument[/url]

Archived