Hypothetically ... is there a single player you would trade Chad for straight up ?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetically ... is there a single player you would trade Chad for straight up ?

• Yes, (name them)
    • No, we need him

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='644735' date='Mar 19 2008, 06:46 PM']Oops, I must have left my homer glasses in my drawer. You're right though, why would I want Tom Brady 3 time Super Bowl Champ and all time record holder for TDs in a season and a guy who led his team to an undefeated regular season when I have Carson Palmer who hasn't really done much?

It was just a post listing players I'd trade Chad Johnson for, not a list I "hoped" we'd trade him for...[/quote]
its not likely brady is the sole or even major reason for that. most of the QBs in this league would be the best QB stat wise in the league if they had that oline to sit behind. plus those super bowls were built with great Ds, good olines, and great special teams. brady is a good QB, but he has had a SHIT LOAD around him at all times.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='644649' date='Mar 19 2008, 02:56 PM'][b]The only offensive player to me (that the team needs) is Ladanian ... any other would be of equal or lesser value (thus wouldn't be worth it).

However since we need so much defensive help ... I would be willing to barter for the above players ...

although I doubt any of those teams would deal them ... except for maybe Dallas with Ware to get Chad. [/b][/quote]

You're assuming we'll be getting 100% effort out of Chad, something I'm very pessimistic about at this point.

Yes, due to the improvement in team chemistry, there are probably 30 guys at least I would trade him for straight up. At least 10 of them WRs, top TEs like Gates and Winslow, top OTs like Joe Thomas, RBs like Tomlinson and Peterson. Tons of DEs and DTs like Uminyora, Tuck, Henderson, Peppers, Ware.

Calvin Johnson.
Bob Sanders.
Ed Reed.
Ngata.

It's difficult. As a fan, some would say to a ridiculous level, of this team I only want players who want to be here. So I'd trade Chad for a Mountain Dew right now. However, I know that we need a serious threat opposite TJ, so we'd need a premiere receiver or some serious draft-picks to make it worthwhile.

And that's without worrying about cap issues. Although if anyone would be willing to cap Chad, I'll pay for the bullets.

He's got indefendably bad. Surely even Mully must be gnashing his teeth by now.

Archived