!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658770' date='Apr 26 2008, 05:35 PM']By them I meant Sweed and Mendenhall. If we had a capable front office they would both be Bengals. I won't be rooting for any other steelers[/quote]

You don't know what they would have been. Obviously they were not meant to be here, or they would be. :466:

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='658775' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:37 PM']You're not helping your case any. I don't root Farrior, who I went to school with, or Miller who was also a Wahoo, or Santonio Holmes, whose jersey I bought at the 'shoe. If you're a stooler, you're dead to a Bengals fan... in this Bengals fan's opinion. :mellow:[/quote]

I think thats botha bit shortsighted and juvenile. What if we sign a player off the steelers, browns or ravens. Does this player you hated instantly become okay?

NFL.com says this:
Pick Analysis: The Bengals have released one receiver this offseason and another has requested a trade. Simpson has big hands and long arms which is great for a wideout. He set school records with 157 receptions for 2,636 yards and 41 touchdowns. He will be given a chance to play meaningful snaps as a rookie.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658770' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:35 PM']By them I meant Sweed and Mendenhall. If we had a capable front office they would both be Bengals. I won't be rooting for any other steelers[/quote]

And what makes you the expert on drafting players ?

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658780' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:41 AM']I think thats botha bit shortsighted and juvenile. What if we sign a player off the steelers, browns or ravens. Does this player you hated instantly become okay?[/quote]
I've had to do the same thing with Chris Perry...

It sucks, but it's what you *try* to do.

I'm with you within the team. I too hate ocho fucko, and have never really been a fan. But obviouslsy, I don't root against him. Kinda the same with Perry, or if we were to bring on an ex-stooler not named Joey Porter.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658780' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:41 PM']I think thats botha bit shortsighted and juvenile. What if we sign a player off the steelers, browns or ravens. Does this player you hated instantly become okay?[/quote]

why don't we just get down to the real facts. Last week you thought you could draft better than the front office (I tried not to LOL to hard). You're going to bitch about every single pick and start your gay ass polls. Let's be honest here.

[quote name='#22' post='658781' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:44 PM']NFL.com says this:
Pick Analysis: The Bengals have released one receiver this offseason and another has requested a trade. Simpson has big hands and long arms which is great for a wideout. He set school records with 157 receptions for 2,636 yards and 41 touchdowns. He will be given a chance to play meaningful snaps as a rookie.[/quote]

Big hands , long arms , fast , .Outstanding leaping ability...Terrific body control and ball skills...Understands how to get open...Gives good effort as a blocker...Tough and fearless..Hard worker with good intangibles...Nice production.

Sounds good to me.

[quote name='#22' post='658781' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:44 AM']NFL.com says this:
Pick Analysis: The Bengals have released one receiver this offseason and another has requested a trade. Simpson has big hands and long arms which is great for a wideout. He set school records with 157 receptions for 2,636 yards and 41 touchdowns. He will be given a chance to play meaningful snaps as a rookie.[/quote]
I am quickly warming to this pick. He does sound like he has the physical tools, and the room to grow, which is great.

I'll be over it instantly once we finally draft a DT with the potential to be a difference maker, and not a rotational guy. I just don't know that we can find one on day 2 -_-

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='658785' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:45 PM']why don't we just get down to the real facts. Last week you thought you could draft better than the front office (I tried not to LOL to hard). You're going to bitch about every single pick and start your gay ass polls. Let's be honest here.[/quote]

What are we being honest about? Your posts don't even make any sense. I will keep posting my polls. I enjoy others input. I probably can't draft better then the Bengals but it would be pretty close. They are illogical with the way they draft. Unlike a team like the Steelers who are very logical. Keith Rivers-Rashard Mendenhall-Limas Sweed

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='658785' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:45 PM']why don't we just get down to the real facts. Last week you thought you could draft better than the front office (I tried not to LOL to hard). You're going to bitch about every single pick and start your gay ass polls. Let's be honest here.[/quote]

DING! DING! DING!

Winner.

BZ

I think It's Hilarious that two fellas a lot of people would have liked to seen in stripes, (Sweed, and Mendenhall) , who the Bengals had the ABILITY to get, both went to a division rival . . . and not just any rival.

The Drama Continues.

And all this bologne about NFL teams knowing more, or whos' a gm, or the why someones a gm and someones not don't mean squat. Or someones a coach, and your not,

Nobody knows a dayum thing when it comes to the draft its all guessing...all they maybe have is more info.

THEY ARE GUESSING JUST LIKE US!!!

Thats the fun

Ryan Leaf

T.J.

Come on!!!

Nobody knows shit but Mike Mayock.

[quote name='KoKaine7777' post='658803' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:57 PM'][b]Simpson as 2nd pick.....this team has no clue. No wonder players want to be traded. They are trying to get out before the Bungle chants return![/b][/quote]

I would have rather had Sweed, (or Laws) but it's too early to claim incompetence over this pic.

[quote name='Jason' post='658799' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:56 PM']First day is over and Dan Connor is still on the board.

Wow.[/quote]
This could be the beginning of the end of Drew Rosenhaus.

If players that use him to get drafted fall because teams are sick of his shit, players stop signing with him.

[quote name='#22' post='658812' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:01 PM']This could be the beginning of the end of Drew Rosenhaus.

If players that use him to get drafted fall because teams are sick of his shit, players stop signing with him.[/quote]

Lets hope so. Has anyone he has signed been drafted?

How many people wanted Byron Leftwich over Carson Palmer in 2003? Maybe the Bengals do have a small clue, they do this shit for a living, 15 hours a day. This dude could be the next Marques Colston for all we know. Let the dude drop one fuckin pass in stripes before we rip the front office, can we?!?!?!?

[quote name='KoKaine7777' post='658832' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:08 PM']The point is they didn't need to pick Simpson as their #2 pick. It's stupid. The front office/coaches are incompetent.[/quote]

What stupid about it? Their #1 is sittin out the season (allegedly), their #2 is unsigned after this year, their #3 is unemployed, and their #4 is injury prone. We've had great success overall as a franchise with receivers, maybe they do know a little bit whats going on.

Archived