!!! THE OFFICIAL GO-BENGALS.COM 2008 NFL DRAFT THREAD !!!

Can't wait for the for this year's matchups against the Steelers. We will all get the opportunity to receive that smack right in the face to make us realize how stupid we are. Combined margin of victory for Pitt over us in '08.....65 points.

The kid reminds me a lot of Jerry Porter. Porter had about 20 pounds on him, but both are known for the really long arms and big hands. Similarly, both can go up and make catches over Cornerbacks, and are capable of circus catches.

Maybe Darnay Scott is work comparison, also

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658725' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:15 PM']This is hilarious. Steelers add Mendenhall and Sweed. Both guys should be bengals folks. Remember that their entire careers. I am going to root for them.[/quote]

If it means you'll stop posting here, I'm all for it!! Can someone help me put together a collection to get this man a "piss yellow" towel? :P :P

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='658705' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:10 AM']yea, Chad sure hasn't been worth drafting over the last 7 years. :lol:

[b]People need to not post while they're so emotional.[/b][/quote]
I disagree. That's part of the fun of having a thread, and not a chat. To be able to see how the day unfolds.

I'm not saying I've blessed the place with a bunch of intelligence to be remembered today (as usual ^_^ ) Nor that I haven't make a comment or two in anger that I would not normally have made. But that's kinda the point, imo.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658725' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:15 PM']This is hilarious. Steelers add Mendenhall and Sweed. Both guys should be bengals folks. Remember that their entire careers. [b]I am going to root for them.[/b][/quote]

Wow. I have lost all respect for you.
Not that I ever had any. But I know I never will.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' post='658752' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:26 AM']Green Bay takes Brohm not exactly a vote of confidence for rodgers[/quote]
True, but either way they would have needed someone to groom with Favre gone. I think Brohm is going to be better than he's been given credit for.

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='658760' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:29 PM']Stoolers board since your going to root for them. What a loser ![/quote]

By them I meant Sweed and Mendenhall. If we had a capable front office they would both be Bengals. I won't be rooting for any other steelers

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658770' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:35 PM']By them I meant Sweed and Mendenhall. If we had a capable front office they would both be Bengals. I won't be rooting for any other steelers[/quote]

so genius, how exactly are you going to root for both of them to succeed without rooting for the stealers to succeed? :lol:

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658706' date='Apr 26 2008, 08:11 PM']We could have had
1-Rivers- starting WLB by year end
[b]2-Mendenhall-starting RB by year end
3-Sweed-starting WR by year end[/b]
and got rid of our huge headache.

Instead we got
1-Rivers
2-Simpson-reach from a small school who was not even that productive on his level.
and still have the albatross who is Chad Johnson[/quote]

Thanks Kreskin.

I love the internet!

ETA: Seriously, I can 100% understand the anger for not doing what they needed to do to get Ellis...they obviously highly valued the guy.

But this bashing on Simpson over Sweed really is horrible. They play the same position, they obviously had him ranked higher, I think you're just bitching to bitch.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='658770' date='Apr 27 2008, 10:35 AM']By them I meant Sweed and Mendenhall. If we had a capable front office they would both be Bengals. I won't be rooting for any other steelers[/quote]
You're not helping your case any. I don't root Farrior, who I went to school with, or Miller who was also a Wahoo, or Santonio Holmes, whose jersey I bought at the 'shoe. If you're a stooler, you're dead to a Bengals fan... in this Bengals fan's opinion. :mellow:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='658772' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:36 PM']so genius, how exactly are you going to root for both of them to succeed without rooting for the stealers to succeed? :lol:[/quote]

There can easily be a disconnect between the two emotions. Its really not hard to figure out. I like the Bengals, I hate Chad Johnson. I like the Bengals, I am not a huge fan of Mike Brown.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='658775' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:37 PM']You're not helping your case any. I don't root Farrior, who I went to school with, or Miller who was also a Wahoo, or Santonio Holmes, whose jersey I bought at the 'shoe. If you're a stooler, you're dead to a Bengals fan... in this Bengals fan's opinion. :mellow:[/quote]

:applaud:

Archived